PDA

View Full Version : busted brackets...

jason
03-27-2009, 09:14 AM
so how many of you have busted brackets because of memphis getting the crap kicked out of them last night??

im not too bad off, i 'only' had them in the final four.....

i noticed a few in our group who had them in the finals and/or winning it all...

the games tonight should be good as well, will be interesting to see how oklahoma attacks syracuse's 2-3 zone...

blake griffin is gonna have to have a 30-15 night for ou to win....

Emerson1
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
If I get all my picks right I will lose by 1 point.

rockdale80
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by jason
so how many of you have busted brackets because of memphis getting the crap kicked out of them last night??

i noticed a few in our group who had them in the finals and/or winning it all...

the games tonight should be good as well, will be interesting to see how oklahoma attacks syracuse's 2-3 zone...

I have Kansas over Nova in the final game. I also had Missouri winning last night. I just moved to the leader board. :)

goosealaniz
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM

in the bracket i sent to our newspapaer... i actually had mizzou beating memphis... :D

o and i would like to add the braket i sent to the paper started only on the sweet 16... i hope i win

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm tied for first place. I had either Mizz or Memphis losing against
UConn in the next round. So it might not hurt. I need Gonzaga
to knock off NC tonight to put some distance between me and
everyone else. OU, Mich. St. and Louisville are my other picks for
tonight.

pirate4state
03-27-2009, 09:39 AM
my espn bracket is shot to hell - had Duke winning, because I'm crazy like that :D

in my yahoo bracket i have uconn winning, but I also had Memphis & Duke in the final four LOL

oh well

Texasfootball2
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Tied for second baby with 59 pts. Best stat on the board is possible points, and yes I have the highest possible points left on the board. Mostly because my final four is still in tact.

Really need for OU to have a good showing tonight:2thumbsup

ds may be in first but his hopes are soley riding on the North Carolina Tarheels. The rest of his bracket is pretty much busted.

jason
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

ds may be in first but his hopes are soley riding on the North Carolina Tarheels. The rest of his bracket is pretty much busted.
that's how it is for most - if you are the only person to pick a certain team to win, you pretty much have it in the bag - but if a team like villanova or missouri makes a run at it, it's gonna be very close....

i am the only one in our group to have louisville winning it all and them winning is the only way for me to win 1st place - there are a few scenarios where i can get 2nd place....

sahen
03-27-2009, 10:00 AM
i had wake winning it all as a shocker......ha, oh well this is y i never do the tourney for money

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by sahen
i had wake winning it all as a shocker......ha, oh well this is y i never do the tourney for money

I had Wake losing tonight to Louisville. So they hurt me too. The
midwest bracket is the one that has hurt me the most.

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I lost Memphis (had them losing in the NC) and Duke (losing in final four)

kepdawg
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I had Mizzou over Memphis

7 of my Elite Eight teams are still alive

3 advanced last night, the other 4 play tonight

All Final Four teams are still alive

Keith7
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
My bracket is screwed.. I had Wake Forrest, Duke, Memphis all in my final four.. So much for upsets

jason
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
My bracket is screwed.. I had Wake Forrest, Duke, Memphis all in my final four.. So much for upsets i had cleveland state beating wake forest - that was an upset :D

Maroon87
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
i had cleveland state beating wake forest - that was an upset :D

Me too! I also picked Utah St over Marquette but Marquette won by 1.:mad:

And yes...I had Mizzou over Memphis. But I also had Xavier over Pitt.:(

kepdawg
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I have 7 of 8.

Not really much to brag about when 4 #1s, 2 #2s, and 2 #3s make the Elite Eight.

eagles_victory
03-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I dropped from 5th place to 40th in one of my pickems during the sweet 16.