PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of spiders....

Ranger Mom
10-08-2003, 07:36 PM
...are there any exterminators on this board?? If so, I have a question. I have found a few black widows and several brown recluses in my house since this summer. Is there any kind of "pet friendly" way to get rid of these creepy crawlies?? Not that THEY are the pets, but I have an 18 year old house cat, who I am afraid would die of a stress related heart attack if I tried to move her somewhere during extermination.

I was just wondering. It is easier for me to live with the spiders than to know I caused my precious little "Punkin's" death!! :D :D

Tanglefoot
10-08-2003, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
[qb]...are there any exterminators on this board?? If so, I have a question. I have found a few black widows and several brown recluses in my house since this summer. Is there any kind of "pet friendly" way to get rid of these creepy crawlies?? Not that THEY are the pets, but I have an 18 year old house cat, who I am afraid would die of a stress related heart attack if I tried to move her somewhere during extermination.

I was just wondering. It is easier for me to live with the spiders than to know I caused my precious little "Punkin's" death!!

Ask Vet93.....

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Tanglefoot ]</small>

BHS#1
10-08-2003, 08:33 PM
I dont know but I hate spiders they have those eight little legs that freak me out every time I see one. eek! eek! eek!

Gobbla2001
10-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I don't mind spiders unless I see them RIGHT next to me or on me without having seen them before...

But if it's atleast a foot away and I see it before it gets any closer, I'm okay...

Snakes, on the other hand, that's just not natural...

Ranger Mom
10-08-2003, 09:42 PM
I live out in the sticks, so it's just part of life around my house!

I was driving to work a couple of weeks ago and looked down to see a black widow crawling across my leg. I knocked it off, but it crawled right back. I thought I would let it just crawl until I could pull into the store, but when it started up my shirt, that was "all she wrote", I knocked it off again, so I guess it's still around in my Suburban...somewhere!!

Spiders don't really scare me too bad. But SCORPIONS?? That's a whole different story.

We have a lot of those around too!!

3afan2K3
10-08-2003, 09:50 PM
SPIDERS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lepfan
10-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Scorpions are evil!!!! :mad: I have been stung twice on the neck. And one morning I had one crawl up my pajama leg...it stung me 5 times eek! before I could shuck them. OUCH!!!!!! (luckily that was at the previous house we lived in...we have none at this house :) :D

Ranger Mom
10-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I have a REAL phobia about scorpions. When I was 18, I was putting my makeup on and saw a scorpion on the shoulder of my shirt. Instead of just knocking it off, I pulled my shirt off over my head. Well...the scorpion fell DOWN MY BRA... and stung me right on my....well, you know.

That was the worst pain I think I have ever experienced in my life. (Give me labor anyday) I'm feeling nauseas just thinking about it!!

crunkandfocused
10-08-2003, 10:15 PM
I have been bitten so many times by spiders in the last 2 years it's not even funny. I think I am up to 7 or 8 bites right now. Now where are those spider powers I keep hearing everyone talk about?

spaniard
10-08-2003, 10:17 PM
ranger mom, im glad you didnt get bit by that stinkin black widow, i wouldve probly had a wreck trying to get the stupid thing out of my truck, i dont play around when it comes to poisonous spiders, or anything else that can potentially kill me thats smaller than my palm. youve got my respect as far as that goes. hehe, and scorpions are evil too. copperheads are another stupid animal, i was giving a group a hayride here at camp the other night, and we are out in the woods and stuff, and there was a copperhead in the middle of the road, so i ran him over with the tractor. good stuff, usually they travel in pairs, so i was looking later for the other partner.

lepfan
10-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I kill first and then identify later...I get laughed at a lot...because usually the ones I kill and swear are copperheads are usually rat snakes, grass snakes, etc....harmless

But if you have spiders, you will have less or no scorpions...they are enemies...they will kill each other. I researched scorpions to try to get a grip on the ones we used to have. I decided I could live with spiders...but not scorpions...they HAD to GO

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

spaniard
10-08-2003, 10:34 PM
lepfan:
I kill first and then identify later...I get laughed at a lot...because usually the ones I kill and swear are copperheads are usually rat snakes, grass snakes, etc....harmlesswell, pretty much any snake here has to be killed or relocated bc of the groups that come out. most are either ladies groups or childrens groups.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2003, 10:37 PM
lepfan:

But if you have spiders, you will have less or no scorpions...they are enemies...they will kill each other. I researched scorpions to try to get a grip on the ones we used to have. I decided I could live with spiders...but not scorpions...they HAD to GOWHAT???? I think someone forgot to tell the one's living in my house that fact!! But come to think of it....it has been quite a while since I have seen a scorpion in the house.....hmmmm!!

lepfan
10-08-2003, 10:38 PM
If they survive the cats around the neighborhood, they won't survive me...they get relocated alright...to snaky he!!

Wildcat81
10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
spiders don;t bother me none,but my oldest brother
is deathly afraid of them.Ranger Mom if a spider would have crawled across my brother leg! he would have died of a heart attack.Now snakes I can't stand. The only good snake is a dead snake.

booger1
10-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Spiders are at the top of my list! eek! Snakes kind of creep me out some, but they are just weird! I mean they move around without any limbs! eek! I went hunting the other day and I was walking down this trail with my brother and one of his friends and every 5 feet we had to duck to go under a spider web! OOOOOOOOO! Big spiders, little spiders, I DON'T CARE, IT'S A SPIDER! eek! :mad: