PDA

View Full Version : Romo for Cutler?

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Saw several articles the past few days exploring the idea of trading Tony Romo for Jay Cutler straight up. What does the 3ADL gang think about this?

Emerson1
03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Jay Cutler has won less then Romo.

JJones just came out and said he let TO go to make it more Romo-friendly

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 03:40 PM
He'll look like an even bigger fool if he does this!

As much as Romo drives me nuts, I still think he is our guy.

waterboy
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
No way! That would be the epitome of stupidity to make a trade like that!:mad: Thank God I don't see this trade happening.:hand:

Farmersfan
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Jay Cutler has won less then Romo.

JJones just came out and said he let TO go to make it more Romo-friendly

Jay Cutler didn't have half the team around him that Romo had and he threw for about 4500 yards and had a rating just 5 points below Romo's last year. Cutler is twice the QB Romo is and before the Cutler acting like a baby incident I would take Cutler over Romo any time any day. But not after I saw his hissy fit. His maturity level is way too low.......

Emerson1
03-26-2009, 04:01 PM
How can someone be twice the QB that someone else is when you have a lower QB rating then someone who played games with a broken finger in a splint?

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Wonder how seriously everyone took Jerry Jones when he said he wouldn't trade Romo for ANY player in the NFL?

Maroon87
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
If Cutler can't handle criticism or trade rumors in Denver, how on Earth can he handle it in Dallas?

Trashman
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
How can someone be twice the QB that someone else is when you have a lower QB rating then someone who played games with a broken finger in a splint?

I love it! You were saying what I was thinkin!;) :D :devil:

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
this trade really cannot happen

In the NFL now you trade a player you take the cap hit RIGHT then on the bonus money. So Dallas would take the Romo hit, already taking on 10 million in dead money from released players

IHStangFan
03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He'll look like an even bigger fool if he does this!

As much as Romo drives me nuts, I still think he is our guy. WHOA!! WAIT....WHAT?!?! BACK THE TRUCK UP!!! You used to dog the hell outa me about Romo!! LOL. :D

With that said....I don't know that I'd trade him for Cutler.....although it's worth a look I guess. I do wonder though how Cutler would fair w/ the rest of the Cowboys' talent around him.

solocam
03-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I would trade him,he sucks in big games

Diocletian
03-26-2009, 08:41 PM
This is a good trade for both teams.

I say do it.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-26-2009, 08:47 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5148/tonyromo2.jpg

Its Romo team and he'll get the job done this next season :flaming:

Trashman
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Trading Romo for Cutler; No way! Romo is just starting to mature as a QB. The next 5 years should be good ones.:D

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WHOA!! WAIT....WHAT?!?! BACK THE TRUCK UP!!! You used to dog the hell outa me about Romo!! LOL. :D

With that said....I don't know that I'd trade him for Cutler.....although it's worth a look I guess. I do wonder though how Cutler would fair w/ the rest of the Cowboys' talent around him. That's cause you are you & I am me! :D

I said he drives me nuts, but only I can talk crap about him. ;)

LionKing
03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Romo is the man, Cutler is a Baby.

BaTmAn24
03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Well now that jerry jones has got most of the drama (T.O.) out of the locker room, they should be just fine with Romo and the receiving core of Roy Williams and Jason Witten. Marion Barber is a BEAST! :cool:

Bull's-eye
03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Jay Cutler didn't have half the team around him that Romo had and he threw for about 4500 yards and had a rating just 5 points below Romo's last year.

Cutler did have some very good talent around him. I would take Brandon Marshall over any receiver Dallas put on the field last year. Add a promising rookie in Eddie royal, along with Stokely & Scheffler, the Broncos receivers were much better than the Cowboys.

I do have my doubts about Romo, he has cracked under pressure in several big games. He does have the problem of locking in on one receiver and not throwing to the open man. I can still see Martellus Bennett wide open against Pittsburgh, but Romo elected to throw into double coverage.

Electus Unus
03-27-2009, 11:21 AM
As of now both are pro bowl quarterbacks. Other than that they are unproven as far as playoffs are concerned. I like Cutler and believe he is a great quarterback who has the potential to be a lot better than Romo. Also I think Romo isn't the answer for the Cowboys.

Originally posted by BaTmAn24
Well now that jerry jones has got most of the drama (T.O.) out of the locker room, they should be just fine with Romo and the receiving core of Roy Williams and Jason Witten. Marion Barber is a BEAST! :cool:

All getting rid of TO did was make it where your team does not have a legitimate #1 receiver. I like Roy Williams a lot but he is no legit #1.

Farmersfan
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Well see it works like this. If your team is half as talented then you have to be twice as good as a QB to get to basically the same numbers..........Put Cutler on this Dallas team and Romo on that Bronco team and the difference in numbers would be HUGE! Rome no longer has T.O. to take the blame for his failures so this next season should show everyone. Good or bad we should know the truth.

Bull's-eye
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
As of now both are pro bowl quarterbacks. Other than that they are unproven as far as playoffs are concerned. I like Cutler and believe he is a great quarterback who has the potential to be a lot better than Romo. Also I think Romo isn't the answer for the Cowboys.

:iagree: I've been following the Cowboys since the early 60's, I too don't think Romo is the answer. I know Owens had his problems, but there were many times Romo missed the open receiver and elected to throw toward Whitten. He does have greater mobility than Cuttler and that is a huge plus with the Cowboys O-line.

Farmersfan
03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Cutler did have some very good talent around him. I would take Brandon Marshall over any receiver Dallas put on the field last year. Add a promising rookie in Eddie royal, along with Stokely & Scheffler, the Broncos receivers were much better than the Cowboys.

I do have my doubts about Romo, he has cracked under pressure in several big games. He does have the problem of locking in on one receiver and not throwing to the open man. I can still see Martellus Bennett wide open against Pittsburgh, but Romo elected to throw into double coverage.

Cutlers talent made Marshall a great receiver.

06. (without cutler) 20 rec., 309 yards
07. (with Cutler) 102 rec., 1325 yards
08. (with Cutler) 104 rec., 1265 yards

Eddie Royal was a rookie. Name the last rookie who caught 90 passes for almost 1000 yards? Cutler is a stud at QB. He would turn Austin, Crayton and Hurd into twice the receivers they have been.

coach
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM

Eddie Royal was a rookie. Name the last rookie who caught 90 passes for almost 1000 yards? Cutler is a stud at QB. He would turn Austin, Crayton and Hurd into twice the receivers they have been.

marquis colston there i named it

Bull's-eye
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM

Marshall only started one game in 2006, so it probably didn't matter who was the QB. I have watched Marshall and he is a very good receiver, with or without Cutler. I do agree that Cutler would be an upgrade for the Cowboys.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Please trade Romo for someone...he's terrible.

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
honestly, I think that Cutler and Romo are very similar in both talent and promise.

If I'm the Broncos, I wouldn't take Romo for Cutler straight up.

If I'm the Cowboys, I wouldn't take Cutler for Romo straight up.

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Bring back the days of Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson!!!!

At least those teams were overachievers with those leaders behind the helm.

Farmersfan
03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Marshall only started one game in 2006, so it probably didn't matter who was the QB. I have watched Marshall and he is a very good receiver, with or without Cutler. I do agree that Cutler would be an upgrade for the Cowboys.

Based on the stats he played 15 games in 06, 16 in 07 and 15 in 08. And I also think he is a very good receiver. But then again I think Cutler would make the 4 Dallas receivers much better also.

Farmersfan
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
marquis colston there i named it

Colston is very good. He caught 70 balls his rookie year for over 1000 yards. I think that was the same year Drew Brees caught on fire as a QB ....... Any correlation? Does the QB make the receiver or does the receiver make the QB?

mustang04
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Cutler is a little whiney baby who is way too cocky...Romo could be really good but obviously puts being a celebrity before being a quarterback.....both are about as useful as a poopy flavored lolly-pop in some aspect:D

pirate4state
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Cutler is a little whiney baby who is way too cocky...Romo could be really good but obviously puts being a celebrity before being a quarterback.....both are about as useful as a poopy flavored lolly-pop in some aspect:D haha i read poppy and i was thinking, well what's wrong with a poppy lolly-pop :doh: :D it's the weekend woo hoo :wave:

coach
03-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

hell you probably think you could play qb for the cowboys

Emerson1
03-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Remember this is the same guy who thinks Jerrod Johnson will be a better college QB then Vince Young.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM

No

Maroon87
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5148/tonyromo2.jpg

Its Romo team and he'll get the job done this next season :flaming:

Joe Cotten's!:thumbsup: