PDA

View Full Version : Fried Pies

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Heard somebody opened up a fried pie place here in Bridgeport---going to have to make an effort to find that place---I just might make their "month". :D Hard to find the old traditional Texas fried pie....but it sure is good when you find a place that really knows how to make em'. Of course we all know that these are definitely not on the weight watchers list of foods...:D

waterboy
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Heard somebody opened up a fried pie place here in Bridgeport---going to have to make an effort to find that place---I just might make their "month". :D Hard to find the old traditional Texas fried pie....but it sure is good when you find a place that really knows how to make em'. Of course we all know that these are definitely not on the weight watchers list of foods...:D
Ain't nothing like a good fried apple pie ala mode!:inlove: With Bluebell Homemade Vanilla, of course!:inlove:

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Ain't nothing like a good fried apple pie ala mode!:inlove: With Bluebell Homemade Vanilla, of course!:inlove:

Coconut ain't bad......

waterboy
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Coconut ain't bad......
Hadn't tried that one. I like the coconut cream pie that my aunts make, with the homemade crust, of course!:inlove: There's two of my aunts, one on my maternal side and one on my paternal side, who make the best coconut cream pies I've ever eaten.:inlove:

PutMeInCoach
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Chocolate Fried Pies are the best!

STANG RED
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
When I was a kid, once a year my mom would make many dozens of home made fried pies, that were out of this world good. She usually made 5 or 6 different kinds, but my favorites were apricot and chocolate. They were awesome. Too bad she hasnt made them in many years now though.:(
Best of all, they were always made of fresh ingredients from scratch. Guess thats why she only did it once a year. It was a ton of work, and it usually took 2 to 3 days of preperation. We ate them till they were running out our ears, but gave most away as gifts to family and friends.

While Mom made fried pies, my Dad, Brother, and myself would always take a well fattened hog of 200 to 300 lbs. and make spicy whole hog sausage. We never spent much money on Christmas gifts to family and friends, but between the sticks of the best sausage you ever ate and the most awesome fried pies, I think most looked more forward to getting those than anything we could have bought. Good times indeed!:D

Keith7
03-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Next time you are in Gainesville try the Fried Pie Company on the square. Great fried pies. Actually its the only place I've ever had them before so I guess I'm about as biased as a person can get, but they are awesome none the less.

SWMustang
03-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Good times indeed!:D

Hey Phil - Quit hacking Marlin's account!

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Next time you are in Gainesville try the Fried Pie Company on the square. Great fried pies. Actually its the only place I've ever had them before so I guess I'm about as biased as a person can get, but they are awesome none the less.

Tried em' many times.....Brings me almost as much pleasure as watching the Cowboys stomp the Eagles...:D

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Tried em' many times.....Brings me almost as much pleasure as watching the Cowboys stomp the Eagles...:D HAHA

kepdawg
03-26-2009, 03:40 PM
What exactly is a fried pie? I have always thought they sound pretty gross!

waterboy
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Are you serious, Kep?:eek: You don't get out much, do you?:D

It's a pie that has the crust folded over to totally enclose the filling, then it's deep-fried and sprinkled with white sugar......sometimes even a little cinnamon. They are delicious!:inlove:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Fried Pies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffqu7hEIfMk)

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Fried Pies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffqu7hEIfMk) I think it's funny how she just keeps quiet when he is trying to be funny! HAHA

Trashman
03-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Coconut ain't bad......

:iagree: :iagree: But they are getting harder to find.:(

STANG RED
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Hey Phil - Quit hacking Marlin's account!

Hey Black Magic - Quit hacking Brian's account! :taunt: :p

CelinaCatFan
03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll second Keith's comment on the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville. Having lived in Gainesville, I enjoyed them growing up. Whenever I'm in Gainesville, I make sure I stop by and grab a few. The apricot pies are the best!

Bull_Guy
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey just so you know the fried pie shop is right next to Gails... Where the old chicken express was. I went there the other day... the inside is kinda depressing but the ingredients are all fresh made everyday and they are REALLY good!

BullsFan
03-28-2009, 10:20 PM
LOVE the Fried Pie Shoppe. Can't eat there too often, but man does it make for a nice treat when you do. My personal fave is probably the polish sausage/potato for savory and apricot for sweet. (and fyi--the sugar free apricot tastes just like the regular)

SHSBulldog00
03-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Chocolate Fried Pies are the best! :D

STANG RED
03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont know anything about this place, but it sure looks good.

http://mamawsfriedpies.com/

sinton66
03-29-2009, 05:16 PM
If you just HAVE to have a fried pie fix and there isn't a shop close by, Whataburgers' are a pretty good fill in.

espn1
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I like either pineapple or cherry fried to perfection with that good ole buttery flackey crust. Dipped in the cream that's skimmed off of fresh cow's milk. OMG!