PDA

View Full Version : Mexico- Not the Place to be Right Now....

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Dangerous, bad situation in Mexico---I wonder if this violence is present even in the big tourist areas.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/26/the-streets-of-juarez/

Electus Unus
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dangerous, bad situation in Mexico---I wonder if this violence is present even in the big tourist areas.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/26/the-streets-of-juarez/ Not yet but in a month or two the government will possibly be completely overridden.

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Another bad border event....This is going to get uglier before it ends.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/26/marshal.killed/index.html

DDBooger
03-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Another bad border event....This is going to get uglier before it ends.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/26/marshal.killed/index.html
sounds like he got turned

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
If this violence spills into more and more Mexican streets with many civilians getting killed in the conflicts there is going to be mass human exodus of Mexican citizens seeking safety and asylum in the U.S., much like that which has ocurred in poor African countries when the citizens get caught between waring factions.

TexMike
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
The power of the media is incredible! Can't believe how many people have bought into this theory about the imminent collpase of the Mexican government. Is there violence? You bet your arse. But there is violence in US cities whenever law enforcement start to crack down and bust up organized criminal organizations. The law enforcement action creates a huge power void and rival groups fight to fill it. That is what is happening in Mexico. Mexico is far far from being an African nation on the verge of collapse.

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
The power of the media is incredible! Can't believe how many people have bought into this theory about the imminent collpase of the Mexican government. Is there violence? You bet your arse. But there is violence in US cities whenever law enforcement start to crack down and bust up organized criminal organizations. The law enforcement action creates a huge power void and rival groups fight to fill it. That is what is happening in Mexico. Mexico is far far from being an African nation on the verge of collapse.

Mike---I don't know about the collapse of the Mexican government, but the asylum requests---not even considering the illegal flight---is very real.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101531026

Emerson1
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I think the U.S. would have stepped in sooner if a border country was about to go under radical control.

KingRob
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
All the border schools will go 5A!:eek:

Trashman
03-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I spent 3 nights in a downtown Laredo hotel about this time last year. Every night you could hear automatic weapons firing across the river. It didn't sound like a war, but it made me a little nervous. Especially since I didn't have a weapon of my own.:(

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I spent 3 nights in a downtown Laredo hotel about this time last year. Every night you could hear automatic weapons firing across the river. It didn't sound like a war, but it made me a little nervous. Especially since I didn't have a weapon of my own.:(

I wouldn't step foot in Laredo or any border town without one...

DDBooger
03-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I wouldn't step foot in Laredo or any border town without one... lmao I lived there in 2006 and 2007 never saw anything bad. You guys are so dramatic. The ladies are, wow, they dress up for everything down there. Bad parts of Laredo run along the River and towards real old sections of town, but it is no worse than the bad parts of Htown, ATX, SATX etc. I had a buddy who played baskeball for the DustDevils he abolutely loved it there haha 6'6 black guy, he said he cleaned up every time he went out lol, I think he was lying.

New areas of Laredo are absolutely nice! While it may be a drug corridor it is also a HUGE in port commerce corridor. Lots of money on the North side.

Trashman
03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lmao I lived there in 2006 and 2007 never saw anything bad. You guys are so dramatic. The ladies are, wow, they dress up for everything down there. Bad parts of Laredo run along the River and towards real old sections of town, but it is no worse than the bad parts of Htown, ATX, SATX etc. I had a buddy who played baskeball for the DustDevils he abolutely loved it there haha 6'6 black guy, he said he cleaned up every time he went out lol, I think he was lying.

New areas of Laredo are absolutely nice! While it may be a drug corridor it is also a HUGE in port commerce corridor. Lots of money on the North side.

Maybe you should have tried going down near the river then. LOL You are right about the women and the fact that Laredo knows how to have a good time.

Every morning I could look out my window and see trucks lined up for several miles headed into Mexico. I wonder if they are still doing that?:thinking:

DDBooger
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Maybe you should have tried going down near the river then. LOL You are right about the women and the fact that Laredo knows how to have a good time.

Every morning I could look out my window and see trucks lined up for several miles headed into Mexico. I wonder if they are still doing that?:thinking: the centro, we used to, you could get good deals on things. The lines are still there and REAL long still, a new bridge is in the works.

Phil C
03-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Sad times. And to think just a years ago I was at the Solar de la Plaza in Juarez, Mexico fighting the brave bull. :(

Electus Unus
03-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think the U.S. would have stepped in sooner if a border country was about to go under radical control. mexico doesn't have oil

Phil C
03-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Poor Cantinflas and Pedro Infante. :(

Bullaholic
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
mexico doesn't have oil

Pemex is the 10th largest petroleum revenue producer in the world....

TexMike
03-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Mike---I don't know about the collapse of the Mexican government, but the asylum requests---not even considering the illegal flight---is very real.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101531026

No argument whatsoever re the real threat faced by certain parts of Mexican society, i.e. honest law enforcement/politicians, certain journalists, etc But as for Jose Q. Publico, they are not asking for asylum (nor would it be granted anyway)