PDA

View Full Version : How About Them Islanders!!

Phil C
02-06-2003, 10:23 AM
The Texas A&M at Corpus Christi, TX (formerly Corpus Christi State University)Islanders beat the defending national champions and No. 1 ranked Texas Longhorns in baseball by a score of 5 to 0! (Please note this is the one in Corpus Christi not College Station). And what is also remarkable is that it was done in Austin. How about them Islanders!!

Chris Hart
02-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm delighted when anybody beats the Longhorns! :D

sinfan75
02-07-2003, 05:45 AM
They did a number on em alright.Hopefully they'll realize now they ain't unbeatable.Hope Texas don't have hittin slump already.HOOK EM HORNS!!

sinton66
02-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Phil, who all is on the roster for the Islanders? Any natives?

Phil C
02-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Sinton 66 I don't know of any but there might be. I will check it out and post the information as soon as I get it. I can probably get it for sure tonight at the Sinton basketball game if I am unable to find out sooner.

Phil C
02-07-2003, 03:00 PM
I found the information Sinton 66. You can get it by going to www.goislanders.com (http://www.goislanders.com) then click on the first web site which is Texas A&M - Corpus Christi Athletics. After that you click on the baseball link there and from there you can click roster and it will give you the list. A lot of their players are junior college transfers and they have come from as far away as California to Iowa to Mass. and Puerto Rico and Venezuela and Canada. There are no Sinton exes listed but it does have Shawn Santos a catcher from Portland, TX and Danny Luna a pitcher from Robstown, James Garner 3B from Corpus Christi and Bobby Mora OF from Corpus Christi. It is interesting to note that three of the players are from Odessa. Hopefully maybe some of the players on the Sinton Pirate baseball team and other locals this year will get to go there.

sinton66
02-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the info, Phil.

dawgbacker
02-08-2003, 12:31 AM
What happened? Is Chris Sims playing baseball now?