PDA

View Full Version : Posey from Ballinger......

hsguru
07-02-2002, 10:52 PM
I have heard that he is at Abilene Cooper now? Is this true or just wishful thinking from the other schools in the district?

Eagle 00
07-02-2002, 10:59 PM
That would be a huge story.

wildstangs
07-02-2002, 11:11 PM
Wow. Havent heard if this yet. See Vet93, he will know the scoop.

taylor14
07-03-2002, 09:13 AM
I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is bogus. Posey isn't going anywhere.

Let's play two!

vet93
07-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Antonio is playing on Ballinger's 7 on 7 team that is headed for state. He is a very nice young man who seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He doesn't strike me as the type that would be fishing around other schools to transfer all of the time. Could you be thinking about the Huitt kid from Breckenridge? When he was looking around at other schools before (Wylie, Sweetwater), several people mistook him for Posey.

hsguru
07-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Glad that Posey isnt leaving! He could be a great one! Whats he weighing now? He looked a tad heavy at the district track meet and it affected his speed dramticaly.
Another thing the rumor is tha the Huitt kid was at Wylie temporarily, NOT TRUE!

vet93
07-03-2002, 03:05 PM
I think that Antonio weighs 200 to 205. I don't think that his speed on the track will ever be that great. What seems to make Antonio special is that he is just about as fast with his pads as he is on the track. Alot of athletes don't seem to have the strength to carry the pads and maintain their speed. For Antonio's sake, I wish that his speed was around 4.4 to 4.5. I think that it would make him a much more attractive DI recruit. I don't know what he has run lately but coach Owens reported in DCTF that he ran a 4.7 forty. I agree, that his playing weight may be better a little trimmer, possibley 190 to 195.

Originally posted by hsguru:
Glad that Posey isnt leaving! He could be a great one! Whats he weighing now? He looked a tad heavy at the district track meet and it affected his speed dramticaly.
Another thing the rumor is tha the Huitt kid was at Wylie temporarily, NOT TRUE!

hsguru
07-03-2002, 09:59 PM
He is fun to watch. I remember telling him after a game last year that I hoped they dropped a classification because i didnt particularly want to see him carrying the ball for two more years against us.