PDA

View Full Version : Resume...coaches

mwynn05
03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Im working on my resume for finding a job to teach and coach next year and not really sure where to start. I have a resume but i dont think its what i really want to send out to schools

kaorder1999
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
check PM

ratherbfishin
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
My .02.......

Keep it short and sweet...

What and where have you coached, what are your teaching fields, and GOOD references.

If you've had 20 diff jobs you better have a good reason.

Nobody cares how many times you were all-american in college or how many all-state players you have coached.

And finally, you're available ASAP and you will live in the community...

Good luck to you, I'm goin fishin...

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ratherbfishin

Good luck to you, I'm goin fishin...

at this time of year most coaching jobs are actually for next year, most on the website have July or August stat dates

Also the will live in community is not AS big in big cities

mwynn05
03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
My .02.......

Keep it short and sweet...

What and where have you coached, what are your teaching fields, and GOOD references.

If you've had 20 diff jobs you better have a good reason.

Nobody cares how many times you were all-american in college or how many all-state players you have coached.

Good luck to you, I'm goin fishin... i think your wrong, casey fitzgerald is in my class and he is student teaching at a school around here and they couldn't wait for him to get there because he was an all- american reciever,i dono if he is actually doing it this semester not because he wans to try and play somewhere in the nfl next year

ratherbfishin
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
at this time of year most coaching jobs are actually for next year, most on the website have July or August stat dates

Also the will live in community is not AS big in big cities

1. Of course they post for the following year... but when I started coaching I made it known that I would at least attempt to make it for spring ball...and a couple times I was able to get out of my contract... And when I held interviews that was one of the top questions I asked...

2. there was no reason to post your second coment...that goes without saying... but that is you trying to be the big shot...

ratherbfishin
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
These parts are wrong. Go with KA's advice, or PM me and I'll help you as well.

Wrong??? PM me what you think... I'd love to hear that line of bull...

ratherbfishin
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i think your wrong, casey fitzgerald is in my class and he is student teaching at a school around here and they couldn't wait for him to get there because he was an all- american reciever,i dono if he is actually doing it this semester not because he wans to try and play somewhere in the nfl next year

I'm trying to help you out with a little advise. Take it or leave it. But, for you to tell me I'm wrong??? Wipe the snot off your nose first KID!!!

Nice example of one kid student teaching. Coaching is coaching. Some of the best coaches I've/we've seen have never even played college ball. It's a non-factor. Your boy Fitzgerald better coach his butt off or he'll be pawning his all-amer ring for food...

All 3 of you guys are jokes to me... Just trying to help a little kid starting out but I was wrong.

I should have known to leave it to the professionals on this board..

Good luck KID with your future... Get you 3 rings then maybe we can talk...

BreckTxLonghorn
03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm trying to help you out with a little advise. Take it or leave it. But, for you to tell me I'm wrong??? Wipe the snot off your nose first KID!!!

Nice example of one kid student teaching. Coaching is coaching. Some of the best coaches I've/we've seen have never even played college ball. It's a non-factor. Your boy Fitzgerald better coach his butt off or he'll be pawning his all-amer ring for food...

All 3 of you guys are jokes to me... Just trying to help a little kid starting out but I was wrong.

He gave his opinion on the advice without trashing you directly/personally, hence the phrase 'I think'. Take it or leave it. :)

For you to call him snotty on that and repeat the phrase KID in a demeaning manner? Hello Pot, meet Kettle .

Dern whippersnappers - they just don't teach respect like they used to....

mwynn05
03-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Good luck KID with your future... Get you 3 rings then maybe we can talk... wow i bet your highly respected with your attitude and i never said anything about anyone being good or bad im talking about getting a job and the bottom line is being a good college playerhelps you get a job

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
holy smokes

touchy, touchy fellas

LOL

ratherbfishin
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
holy smokes

touchy, touchy fellas

LOL

Sorry Pirate... too much rain, can't go fishing, coll bball games don't start till 7:00.... I'm freakin bored and the kid pissed me off... I still wish him luck though;)

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry Pirate... too much rain, can't go fishing, coll bball games don't start till 7:00.... I'm freakin bored and the kid pissed me off... I still wish him luck though;) it's okay to be wrong sometimes. i know it's hard for yall to accept that, but that's what growing up is all about. :)

Bullaholic
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
it's okay to be wrong sometimes. i know it's hard for yall to accept that, but that's what growing up is all about. :)

I grew up a long time ago, P4S, and I have never, ever been wrong since......:D

ratherbfishin
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
it's okay to be wrong sometimes. i know it's hard for yall to accept that, but that's what growing up is all about. :)

I'm not saying I'm wrong because I'm not... just like Bull... I haven't been wrong since I retired 8 years ago...:D

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm not saying I'm wrong because I'm not... just like Bull... I haven't been wrong since I retired 8 years ago...:D

I always tell the truth. Even when I'm lying.

coach
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM

well he just needs two now

Ranger Mom
03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Aww....poor Mwynn!!

Asked for a little advice and it turned ugly!!!

He's such a troublemaker!!:devil:

mwynn05
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
What I think? It's not what I think, it's what I know. Been in the business awhile, have applied for jobs, sent resumes, and interviewed for coaching jobs. I know a little bit about what goes into it.
Recognition is good, as long as it's positive. I put my college playing experience on my resume and I can think of 3 occasions right off the top of my head where I know for a fact that it's why I got the interview.
Anything you do positive as a coach looks good on a resume.
Head coaches really could care less if you live in the community, unless you're living far away, in which the 100+ hour weeks could become an issue. Head coaches in small communities probably should live in town, but alot of times they prefer that young, single coaches live outside of town, especially in small communities. i can only imagine why..haha thats def. my plan if i end up somewhere smaller

mwynn05
03-26-2009, 07:24 PM
ordered them yesterday

Txbroadcaster
03-26-2009, 07:45 PM

2. there was no reason to post your second coment...that goes without saying... but that is you trying to be the big shot...

wow, whatever