Giddings win 8-2

WP Ethan Kmoch

LP Tallerine

LHS 2SONS
03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
good win for giddings , see you on friday night

buff4ever
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
To all my friends in Bellville, I heard gidding pulled out a can of whoop on ya.:D :D :D

buff4life
03-24-2009, 11:12 PM
from the Weimar tournament thread...

does Kmoch throw above 80???

prolly so

MJMbrahmas10
03-24-2009, 11:15 PM
state the obvious buff4ever....you win some you lose some....but how did you like that out safe out call the ump made

buff4ever
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I must have been at the toilet room or concessions at that time, how did it go down?

nette_mom
03-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Giddings has a really good, well coached, disciplined team. They had key players in all positions and hit the ball well. They were not obnoxious or cocky, they just played the game the way it should be played. No call by any umpire would have changed the outcome of this game. The bulls will get it together and be ready for another challenge the next round with the buffs. Let's praise the kids and give them kudos for what they accomplished! Good Job Buffs, but don't count us out, cause good teams learn from their mistakes and overcome!

hookandladder
03-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Giddings has a really good, well coached, disciplined team. They had key players in all positions and hit the ball well. They were not obnoxious or cocky, they just played the game the way it should be played. No call by any umpire would have changed the outcome of this game. The bulls will get it together and be ready for another challenge the next round with the buffs. Let's praise the kids and give them kudos for what they accomplished! Good Job Buffs, but don't count us out, cause good teams learn from their mistakes and overcome!

Sounds like you you have you have been around sports for a while or just know what you are talking about, Sounds like a good acurate post. No coach bashing or excuses, just the facts. Good post and Good luck to the Bulls the rest of District. Coach Marlow does a good job of preparing and coaching his players, have coached one of his son's before and hands down was one of the best kids I have ever had on a summer team.

Brahma84
03-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Giddings hitting and defense were both solid last night. Bellville's undisciplined batters helped out their pitcher. Bellville needs to improve their approach at the plate. Defense was still not solid. Outfield did a great job last night and Jackson had the catch of the game. Great game for Peschel coming up from JV to play due to an injury and getting two nice hits. Giddings was just the better team last night.

hookandladder
03-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by allforball
LG 14 Smithville 1 in 6 innings.

Pretty interesting game, Smithville pitchers(Hannusch kid-14) struckout 16 LG batters in 6 inning game. That's 16 out of 18 outs were strikeouts, LG will need to improve on putting the ball in play. Thanks to the bunting game.

duckhunter
03-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Sounds like you you have you have been around sports for a while or just know what you are talking about, Sounds like a good acurate post. No coach bashing or excuses, just the facts. Good post and Good luck to the Bulls the rest of District. Coach Marlow does a good job of preparing and coaching his players, have coached one of his son's before and hands down was one of the best kids I have ever had on a summer team. "sounds like....." i didnt hear anything when posting or READING her post????? it LOOKS like you must be hearing things?

Buffgal
03-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Game recap from a mom......Discipline at the plate turned into 14 hits for the Buffaloes, Kmoch's pitching kept Bellville bats consistently off balance and Giddings stellar execution on defense, methodically getting the Bulls lead runners.

Nice hit by Buffs 3B Fritsche to CF wall. &&&& he looks so handsome in his new glasses.:)

Great throw to second by catcher Plumlee to pick off a speedy Tallerine as he attempted a steal on a change up. Very nice defensive play between catcher and SS Ty Marlow.

Pitch by Pitch. Keep it up Buffs. Eat your puddin.:clap:

Next up
Bellville vs Columbus
Giddings vs La Grange.

hookandladder
03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
"sounds like....." i didnt hear anything when posting or READING her post????? it LOOKS like you must be hearing things?

How bout this, thought her post was acurate and to the point. Is that better for you. Duck.

Bulligator
03-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Game recap from a mom......

Great throw to second by catcher Plumlee to pick off a speedy Tallerine as he attempted a steal on a change up. Very nice defensive play between catcher and SS Ty Marlow.

Surely you jest. The throw was accurate but Marlow never had control of the ball and it was on the ground on the opposite side of Tallerine. The umpire blew the call, and everybody saw it.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome. Giddings played a very good game.

zebrablue2
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
"sounds like....." i didnt hear anything when posting or READING her post????? it LOOKS like you must be hearing things?

she hears well duckhunter.. its all about the FOOT...:rolleyes:

MJMbrahmas10
03-25-2009, 06:15 PM
that was the out safe out call...i understood why he called out but then the ball was loose then called him safe then for some reason said out while the ball was on the ground...dont know why

hookandladder
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
she hears well duckhunter.. its all about the FOOT...:rolleyes:

Why you ragging on nette-mom, whats up with her foot.

RedStorm
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Game recap from a mom......Discipline at the plate turned into 14 hits for the Buffaloes, Kmoch's pitching kept Bellville bats consistently off balance and Giddings stellar execution on defense, methodically getting the Bulls lead runners.

Nice hit by Buffs 3B Fritsche to CF wall. &&&& he looks so handsome in his new glasses.:)

Pitch by Pitch. Keep it up Buffs. Eat your puddin.:clap:

Next up
Bellville vs Columbus
Giddings vs La Grange.

How can you even compliment that throw out...it wasnt a change up

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Giddings hitting and defense were both solid last night. Bellville's undisciplined batters helped out their pitcher. Bellville needs to improve their approach at the plate. Defense was still not solid. Outfield did a great job last night and Jackson had the catch of the game. Great game for Peschel coming up from JV to play due to an injury and getting two nice hits. Giddings was just the better team last night.

Good job by the Soph. he went 2 for 2 with a walk, hope for a better game by all this Friday. Columbus has only 2 loses, both to a very good Needville team, the Bulls will need to get it together this Friday and get the win. Columbus will most likley pitch Sr. Apelt.

giddingsblazer2
03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
How can you even compliment that throw out...it wasnt a change up

don't kid yourself...that was a change up....and im good buddies with marlow...the man says he was out...its over..quitcherbittchin

Buffgal
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
don't kid yourself...that was a change up

I have re read my post that, after all, did clarify that I was posting as a mom.

A few facts:

1. I am a mom who used to be a girl.
2. My hair is gray but I also used to be a blonde.
3. Girls/moms are not supposed to have any idea what is going on in any sport. If you are gray or blonde, you get the double whammy of knowing nothing about nothing.
4. I have since watched the video of that play that was, by the way, taken by another mom who used to be a girl and is my friend. (She also knows "nothing about sports", just like me) but I don't think she was ever blonde but she is also very gray.......review of the play....it was a change up (batter swung at pitch so maybe it was supposed to be hit and run???) and it was a nice throw by the catcher and a nice execution by the SS.
5. It was a controversial call by the umpire. If you were wearing red, he was safe because the ball came out behind second base after the tag. If you were wearing black, you saw the tag and then SS tries to flip it to lil bro for the throw around, ball came out. doesn't matter....call either way did not make or break the game for either side &&& the umpire is always right. Some calls go your way, some don't.

AND

6,7,8,9 & 10. I can and will compliment anybody that I please. & I do know a little something about baseball.

11. Thank you giddingsblazer2 for having my back.
12. Thank you Rush Plumlee for bringing your dirty clothes to the laundry room this morning without me having to tell you.

Hope all have a good day. Rain was a great blessing but hope we dry out for the game vs La Grange on Friday. Looking forward to seeing some of my good baseball buddies from La Grange (who are also "used to be girls and gray"....

hookandladder
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I have re read my post that, after all, did clarify that I was posting as a mom.

A few facts:

3. Girls/moms are not supposed to have any idea what is going on in any sport. If you are gray or blonde, you get the double whammy of knowing nothing about nothing.
4. I have since watched the video of that play that was, by the way, taken by another mom who used to be a girl and is my friend. (She also knows "nothing about sports", just like me) but I don't think she was ever blonde but she is also very gray.......review of the play....it was a change up (batter swung at pitch so maybe it was supposed to be hit and run???) and it was a nice throw by the catcher and a nice execution by the SS.
5. It was a controversial call by the umpire. If you were wearing red, he was safe because the ball came out behind second base after the tag. If you were wearing black, you saw the tag and then SS tries to flip it to lil bro for the throw around, ball came out. doesn't matter....call either way did not make or break the game for either side &&& the umpire is always right. Some calls go your way, some don't.

AND

6,7,8,9 & 10. I can and will compliment anybody that I please. & I do know a little something about baseball.

12. Thank you Rush Plumlee for bringing your dirty clothes to the laundry room this morning without me having to tell you.

Hope all have a good day. Rain was a great blessing but hope we dry out for the game vs La Grange on Friday. Looking forward to seeing some of my good baseball buddies from La Grange (who are also "used to be girls and gray"....

Can't recall to many times that atleast one Bellville fan doesn't question a call or play in a game against them. Not all fans from Bellville but usually one. Also as stated made no differences in the outcome. Also looking forward to the game Friday in Giddings, I will get to see my old high school friends son pitch.

Bulligator
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Can't recall to many times that atleast one Bellville fan doesn't question a call or play in a game against them. Not all fans from Bellville but usually one. Also as stated made no differences in the outcome. Also looking forward to the game Friday in Giddings, I will get to see my old high school friends son pitch.

Wow, what a revelation! I can't recall ever attending many baseball games at any level from pee wee to major league that someone didn't question a call in a game. Has no one from LaGrange or Giddings ever questioned a call at a game? I bet if Gidding's would have been on the other side of the call we all would have heard about it. I also stated in an earlier post the outcome would have stayed the same.

Some of you people need to get a life.

Me, I sitting here on the Brazos watching it rain!

hookandladder
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Wow, what a revelation! I can't recall ever attending many baseball games at any level from pee wee to major league that someone didn't question a call in a game. Has no one from LaGrange or Giddings ever questioned a call at a game? I bet if Gidding's would have been on the other side of the call we all would have heard about it. I also stated in an earlier post the outcome would have stayed the same.

Some of you people need to get a life.

Me, I sitting here on the Brazos watching it rain!

Yes most fans question calls made by umpire's as well as coaches decisions but win or lose there is no need to talk about about or make excuses. Its over, you win or lose. Take your win or loss and move on.

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 03:42 PM

A few facts:

AND

Welcome to the club ;)

BaTmAn24
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Just to stir the pot some more :D.... Yeah Plumlee threw Tallerine out at second on a CHANGEUP (whoop dee-doo!) but how about the 2 or 3 passed balls he let go by??

zebrablue2
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
Just to stir the pot some more :D.... Yeah Plumlee threw Tallerine out at second on a CHANGEUP (whoop dee-doo!) but how about the 2 or 3 passed balls he let go by??

you forgot your :stirpot: LOL...

pirate4state
03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Just to stir the pot some more :D.... Yeah Plumlee threw Tallerine out at second on a CHANGEUP (whoop dee-doo!) but how about the 2 or 3 passed balls he let go by?? too bad they didn't lead to 7 runs! LMAO

RedStorm
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM

I cant recall many times any fan hasnt complained about a few calls on here...i never complained about the call i just asked how you could compliment a controversial play like that. THe call i belive was in fact correct its just the fact he called "out. safe. out"

and you are correct it did have very little impact on the outcome

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2009, 08:22 AM

pass balls are expected...throwing out a runner with the speed of tallerine, on a CHANGEUP (whoop dee-doo!) is more to talk about than 2 or 3 passed balls....

BaTmAn24
03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
pass balls are expected...throwing out a runner with the speed of tallerine, on a CHANGEUP (whoop dee-doo!) is more to talk about than 2 or 3 passed balls....
haha please tell me one coach(other than little league) that goes into a game expecting passed balls :thinking:.. personally i can't think of any. Now throwing a runner out at second better be expected or you're a lousy coach. Good luck to Bellville and Giddings both tonight

Gators17
03-27-2009, 11:21 PM
haha please tell me one coach(other than little league) that goes into a game expecting passed balls :thinking:.. personally i can't think of any. Now throwing a runner out at second better be expected or you're a lousy coach. Good luck to Bellville and Giddings both tonight

:clap: :clap: Good call Batman.

bvillebrahma010
03-28-2009, 02:07 AM
1.) pass balls are not expected... throwing runners out is expected... if you cant throw or block, why catch? im sorry, the giddings catcher was not top notch or maybe mediocre... he was "OK" he threw tallerine out on a changeup when tallerine had a bad jump! i give them kudos as to where he set his feet quick and threw , but all this arguing and crap is stupid! you ppl from the opposing town need to face it and say he was safe... ball was dropped, shut up, go away! (i speak the truth, i have sat on the bench since freshman year on varsity and know my stuff)

2.) if yall would have lost (though you didnt), and our field was wet, we would have heard some excuses similar to those in football! i like how some of my people admit that theyre wrong on here. im sick and damn tired of people making excuses about why they lost... We never said we lost because of tallerines stolen base being an out... we are saying that you ppl knew he was safe! giddings was a good team! tough to beat the second round!!!

Buffgal
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok last time to make an effort to clear this up.

Compliment was for the throw and compliment was for Tallerine.
Call was terrible. make up your ever loving mind blue. It would have been far better to call it wrong & call it decisively. Not out/safe/out like it happened.

Have never said or implied that Plumlee is a #1 hot shot best you've ever seen catcher/baseball player, football player or anything. He's a typical teenage boy just like Hack, Tallerine, Mueller, Huebner and others I know from Bellville. They play hard, have a good time playing together, etc.

Some of these posts re: his ability/play are coming close to the forum rules IMO. He has started at several positions in high school on varsity baseball since he was a freshman and on every summer team he has ever played on. He has also been a starter on varsity football in several positions since he was a sophomore His dad is not and has never been his coach either so don't give me the daddy ball line. Last year, he started in 70 plus games of baseball & it was not at catcher. He plays where he is told to play by the coach of any sport & he does his best to learn what he is supposed to do. Does he always execute? No, he doesn't. Is he the best thing since sliced bread? No, not by any means. I could say the same thing about any player I have ever watched which includes countless games played by the marlow boys, Trey Masek etc. You have some really outstanding plays and then in another game, you look terrible. Dropped balls, passed balls, strike outs.....Geez, it's why they play the game, it's high school, it's to get better, it's to be involved. No one ever has a bad game on purpose. Passed balls happen, bad swings happen, wild pitches happen, missed tackles. I could go on and on. We don't want them to and certainly nobody expects them to but #### happens. We can coach and parent them to be perfect but they're not.

I guess our athletic talent pool is so low over here in Giddings that the coaches in these sports are having to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to put Plumlee on any team. From the posts on this thread, you would think he is the most pathetic excuse for a high school athlete in the district. As our famous baseball words in Giddings," You gotta be kidding me, right?"

I try very hard when I post about the games to give credit to each team & to the players whose names I know etc from the opposing teams.

Many of you on here either need to learn how to read, think hard before you post or get a life.

I will take my last piece of advice and "get a life". If anybody on here wants to know something about the future games in Buffaloville, call me. you know my #.

Apologies to the friends I have made on here, I need some more coffee, I was up all night with a mare foaling.

I'm done.