PDA

View Full Version : Bigger bats needed - Navasota Girls Softball

navscanmaster
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
District is the wrong time to have a scoring drought. In their defense, it is kind of hard to keep focused when your head coach is removed in the middle of the season. I hope they can start putting some scoring runs together, because they definitely have some talent pitching.

PutMeInCoach
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Where's the coach? Was he thrown out of the game, or did you mean reassigned from the coaching assignment?

OldBison75
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
The softball coach was suspended by the district for undisclosed reasons that related to his classroom teaching and team management issues. Rumors indicate that is based on some serious accusations by parents and students. Hope it gets straightened out soon. Other members of the coaching staff are helping with the softball program.

PutMeInCoach
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
That's a shame. He knows the game very well. Looking from the outside, doesn't look like there is much support for softball from the admin. Not saying what ever the suspension for isn't warranted, just in general of the program.

baller375
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Cameron 5 Navasota 0
Navasota had 2 hits and 15 strikeouts and 2 eras. Yoe had 9 hits and no eras.

navscanmaster
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by baller375
Cameron 5 Navasota 0
Navasota had 2 hits and 15 strikeouts and 2 eras. Yoe had 9 hits and no eras.

:( They were all set for a good year. This is quite unfortunate. I know they must be feeling pretty down right now.

giddingsblazer2
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
District is the wrong time to have a scoring drought. In their defense, it is kind of hard to keep focused when your head coach is removed in the middle of the season. I hope they can start putting some scoring runs together, because they definitely have some talent pitching.

cant be hard to hit a freakin cantaloupe

navscanmaster
03-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
cant be hard to hit a freakin cantaloupe

It was obviously a joke, however, on the other hand, I would have to bet that a cantalope thrown at fast pitch softball speeds would have some funky movement on it.....

:D :D :doh:

87 TIGER
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
cant be hard to hit a freakin cantaloupe Have you ever tried? Fast pitch that is not drunken slow pitch.

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Have you ever tried? Fast pitch that is not drunken slow pitch.

i actually have a daughter who plays college softball

87 TIGER
03-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Navasota has a good pitcher, when we played they diddnt look that bad maybe they can turn it around and salvage the 2nd half of dist and just have some fun and go out with a couple of wins. Good luck the rest of the way

Reds fan
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
i actually have a daughter who plays college softball

That is great! It is always good to hear about 3A players that have gone on to play in college! What school is she playing for and how is it going for her?

Reds fan
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Navasota has a good pitcher, when we played they diddnt look that bad maybe they can turn it around and salvage the 2nd half of dist and just have some fun and go out with a couple of wins. Good luck the rest of the way

Is the Navasota pitcher the younger Garcia sister? I believe the elder sister is playing at East Texas Baptist University.