PDA

View Full Version : Clyde names new coach

GetRDoneStangs
03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Ritchey hired to fill Clyde football vacancy

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rotan football coach David Ritchey was named the new football coach/athletic director at Clyde on Monday, during a Clyde ISD school board meeting.

Ritchey replaces Craig Slaughter who resigned to take the same position at Sweetwater last month.

Ritchey, a former Clyde assistant under Slaughter, coached for one year at Rotan, leading the Yellowhammers to a 6-5 record and a trip to the playoffs in his only season.

"It's very, exciting, obviously, but at the same time, replacing coach Slaughter is not going to be easy," said Ritchey, who also spent one year each at Abilene and Wylie as an assistant. "But we're in a good position and we're going to continue the success that we started here.

"I'm happy, my family is happy -- even coach Slaughter is happy."

Ritchey's first day on the job at Clyde will be April 1.

Link to story (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/24/ritchey-hired-to-fill-clyde-football-vacancy/)

This could make next years Clyde/Sweetwater games very interesting.......:thinking: :thinking:

Former Clyde Coach vs, his former team and assistant and former Mustang player and coaches son playing against his alma mater!!

Congrats to Coach Ritchey...young coach on the move!!!

wildstangs
03-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Very cool. I remember you mentioning this the day that Slaughter moved to Sweetwater. Now maybe Richey can return to Sweetwater when Slaughter leaves.

GetRDoneStangs
03-24-2009, 03:50 PM
I guess I got lucky on that pick....:D :D :D

But...Clyde did get a very young and charismatic coach in David Ritchey, very much like his mentor Coach Slaughter.

They both have some preety big shoes to fill.....let them do their job and bring it on!!!!

Dang...I wish 2 a days already started !!!

lakers
03-24-2009, 11:29 PM
I am glad to hear that, I think they made a good choice and I expect great things to happen with him there

cr180t
03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Outstanding Coach Clyde hired a good one. Game to watch next year Clyde vs Sweetwater in Clyde. Will the new Stadium be built to hold the crowd?

lakers
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
Outstanding Coach Clyde hired a good one. Game to watch next year Clyde vs Sweetwater in Clyde. Will the new Stadium be built to hold the crowd?

I don't remember the exact capacity but it should I think. (don't hold me to it though)

Sweetwater Red
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I don't remember the exact capacity but it should I think. (don't hold me to it though)

I'm not going to miss the seats themselves. But, I kinda liked
be so close to the field.

lakers
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm not going to miss the seats themselves. But, I kinda liked
be so close to the field.

You know I felt the same way about it...

I enjoyed being close enough to hear and see everything that was happening on the field, of course that is if you were not further then 3 rows deep standing up...