PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis QB for Ball St. (how's this for blow to your ego?)

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Can-Nate-Davis-reconsider-this-whole?urn=ncaaf,149836

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am EDT

Headlinin': Can Nate Davis reconsider this whole 'draft' thing?

By Matt Hinton

• What if they held a pro day and nobody came? Such was nearly the fate of early exiting Ball State quarterback Nate Davis on Friday, when only the Indianapolis Colts showed up to watch him throw to various Cardinal receivers on BSU's home field, and that's probably only because it wasn't much of a drive for them. For Nate's sake, I hope the Colts liked what they saw as much as the local Muncie Star Press and mentor Steve DeBerg: Davis' stock is apparently plummeting, from day one possibility to late-round afterthought due to his size, Ball State's shotgun-based offense and ball security issues (he has a weird grip on the ball and fumbled multiple times in both of BSU's season-ending losses to Buffalo and Tulsa).

So they have doubts about the kid. Isn't that the guy you want to take an extra look at? Even if you pull an Andre Smith at your workout, no fate can be worse than being ignored.

pirate4state
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
i was just reading about this...sucks for him!

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I heard Brian Broadus (former NFL scout) talking about the situation on the radio and he said not to read too much into it. Davis did every single quarterback workout that they had at the NFL combine, so teams should have gotten all of the information that they'd need on him there. Broadus said that there were many times when he was working as a scout that he'd go to a workout where there were only one or two other scouts, and a lot of those players went on to do big things in the NFL.

bobcat4life
03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
This is sad. He has a lot of talent.