PDA

View Full Version : New schools and Spring football?

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Of course only 4A and 5A schools are allowed to have official Spring Football. In 3A and below you can work football drills during the atletic period only without fotball equipment on.

Here is my question...

Forney North is opening this next year and is competing in a UIL 3A district on the Varsity level in all team sports but football. Are they allowed to have Spring Football since they were placed in a 3A District?

TexasHSFootball
03-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Of course only 4A and 5A schools are allowed to have official Spring Football. In 3A and below you can work football drills during the atletic period only without fotball equipment on.

Here is my question...

Forney North is opening this next year and is competing in a UIL 3A district on the Varsity level in all team sports but football. Are they allowed to have Spring Football since they were placed in a 3A District?

No.. The rules are they are classified as a 3A school.. therefore, they cannot hold spring practice. Once they are declared a 4A school in realignment, they can have spring practice.

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't it be hard for a school that doesn't start until next fall to be holding practices this spring?

Bullaholic
03-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Wishfull thinking, but I would like all schools to be allowed to run sports practices anytime they wish as long as they did not exceed a set number of hours of practice per sport in a given school year.

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Wouldn't it be hard for a school that doesn't start until next fall to be holding practices this spring?

no...they played as freshman this year while still at Old Forney high. They wore blue and all and were the Falcons

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 11:32 AM
North Forney High School Spring Football Schedule (https://webapps.forneyisd.net/forney/forms/uploadfiles/general_document/573_General%20Document_Not%20Applicable.pdf)

Emerson1
03-23-2009, 11:32 AM
North Forney is having spring after school practice. I saw a spring practice schedule the other day.

They are all technically FHS students still since NFHS isn't open.

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
North Forney is having spring after school practice. I saw a spring practice schedule the other day.

They are all technically FHS students still since NFHS isn't open.

yeah...thats what it sounds like. They found a way to beat the system. They will be practicing separate from Forney HS's team and since they arent officiallyopen I guess they are alowed to have Spring football.

Emerson1
03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Well they are all still technically FHS students right now. I wouldn't think they are any different then the different JV/Freshman A and B teams. Just a different team within the school.

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well they are all still technically FHS students right now. I wouldn't think they are any different then the different JV/Freshman A and B teams. Just a different team within the school.

they will be coached by a different football staff....they will be a different system offensively and defensively then the Jackrabbits as well. Technically yes they are still jackrabbits but they will be working out as Falcons!

raider red 2000
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
so i guess they get 2 a days also :)

kaorder1999
03-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
so i guess they get 2 a days also :)

yeah...they will get the extra week of 2 a days that 3A and lower classifications get since they cannot compete in Spring football. But I guess it doesnt relaly matter since they arent playing a Varsity schedule

Emerson1
03-23-2009, 01:25 PM
they will be coached by a different football staff....they will be a different system offensively and defensively then the Jackrabbits as well. Technically yes they are still jackrabbits but they will be working out as Falcons!
I know, but since they are still technically FHS students they are under 4A rules.

Emerson1
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
But I guess it doesnt relaly matter since they arent playing a Varsity schedule
I heard their first game is against a varsity team. I am doubting it unless they are playing a private school. The guy I heard it from didn't have a schedule.