PDA

View Full Version : The 09' New Coach Bowl- Brownwood vs Sweetwater

Bullaholic
03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Brownwood vs Sweetwater ought to be an interesting district game next season as both schools have new head coaches. Will Brownwood run more and will Sweetwater find a passing game? Ought to be fun to watch as neither team will have much game experience with the other's new sets to draw on.

Lion_Addict
03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Figuring on a kinda '07 type game....... :stirpot: :D

OK Red..........there ya go Bud :p

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Brownwood vs Sweetwater ought to be an interesting district game next season as both schools have new head coaches. Will Brownwood run more and will Sweetwater find a passing game? Ought to be fun to watch as neither team will have much game experience with the other's new sets to draw on.

Brownwood who?:confused:

We want Wylie and Snyder. Everyone else in the district is just
there for us to pad our stats against.

DaHop72
03-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

there for us to pad our stats against. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

BwdLions
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM

there for us to pad our stats against.

I know you feel cocky Red because of your victory over the Lions last season. Remember, you were only one of seven teams that did it. All I can say is don't get used to it.

solocam
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Brownwood will roll,they will still pass alot,trick plays ,onside kicks,
Expect the unexpected

solocam
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
OOPS forgot Jaxon Shipley will score on punt returns and kickoff returns,his brother used to kill Liberty Hill

Lion_Addict
03-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by solocam
OOPS forgot Jaxon Shipley will score on punt returns and kickoff returns,his brother used to kill Liberty Hill

Speaking of the young Shipley..........got to watch him at the Bluebonnet Relays here in the WOOD Saturday. The kid can flat out "get it"!!!! :eek: :eek:

BEAST
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Speaking of the young Shipley..........got to watch him at the Bluebonnet Relays here in the WOOD Saturday. The kid can flat out "get it"!!!! :eek: :eek:

Yep. Dont know if you know this but he was running with 9 stiches in the bottom of one of his feet. We didnt see his best.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
03-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Yep. Dont know if you know this but he was running with 9 stiches in the bottom of one of his feet. We didnt see his best.
BEAST

WOW..... :eek: :eek: . Nope, didn't have a clue. That's freakin impressive!!!

garciap77
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM

I looked for you Sat! Did not see you!

LionKing
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I looked for you Sat! Did not see you! Heck, if I'da known you were there Garcia77, I woulda give you a shout, I didn't see Lion Addict either, however; there quite a few people there and I really wasn't looking for anyone.

Lion_Addict
03-27-2009, 07:53 AM
I looked for you Sat! Did not see you!

Saw ya with your camera from afar............ got stopped before I could get over there :(

garciap77
03-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Lion King & Lion Addict, I quess I'll see you all at Breck, unless you are going to Angelo's meet this weekend.

Lion_Addict
03-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Lion King & Lion Addict, I quess I'll see you all at Breck, unless you are going to Angelo's meet this weekend.

Won't be able to make it :( . Moving to my apartment Saturday :)

Looking4number8
03-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Moving to my apartment Saturday :)

Sounds like a party at your house Saturday night!

Looking4number8
03-27-2009, 08:24 AM
On a side note, are you guys aware that Brownwood's coach Wolfe is going to Frisco with Coach Jackson to be his OC! Jackson picked him up a good one there!

Lion_Addict
03-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Sounds like a party at your house Saturday night!

;) ............. pretty small apartment, but I'm willing to see how many we can cram in there! :D

garciap77
03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Can we have a m&g at your apt before our game this coming season?:D

Lion_Addict
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM

:2thumbsup You got it!!! :D

Looking4number8
03-27-2009, 11:01 AM

You know, that is not a terrible idea. We could have a bbq at someones place before the game. Beer and brisket.. then football, sounds like a plan to me!

Lion_Addict
03-27-2009, 11:03 AM
You know, that is not a terrible idea. We could have a bbq at someones place before the game. Beer and brisket.. then football, sounds like a plan to me!

:clap: :clap: Very good plan!!! :)

Someone save this thread, HA HA! Soooooo ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

mustang04
03-27-2009, 01:39 PM

BEAST

Oh my gosh are you freaking serious? Oh boo-hoo running with 9 stitches OHHH must have been so TERRIBLE....with how much adrenaline was probably going through his veins, or any person's veins while competing like that, he probably didnt even notice them, they MAY have added .005 seconds onto his time.....9 stitches give me a break:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BEAST
03-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Oh my gosh are you freaking serious? Oh boo-hoo running with 9 stitches OHHH must have been so TERRIBLE....with how much adrenaline was probably going through his veins, or any person's veins while competing like that, he probably didnt even notice them, they MAY have added .005 seconds onto his time.....9 stitches give me a break:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever dude. He didnt even run on Friday. Had a very noticable limp. But, I am sure you you know exactly what happened.

BEAST

mustang04
03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Whatever dude. He didnt even run on Friday. Had a very noticable limp. But, I am sure you you know exactly what happened.

BEAST

no...i don't....all you said was 9 stitches, and saying he was a beast for running with 9 stitches....thats weak

Ranger Mom
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
no...i don't....all you said was 9 stitches, and saying he was a beast for running with 9 stitches....thats weak

Well actually Reggie....he wasn't calling him a beast for running with stitches....that is how he signs all his posts!!:p :p

Bullaholic
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
O.k.---all together now---how bout' a little District 2 "Cumbaya"-

"Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya. Someone's laughing, my Lord, cumbaya ... Oh Lord, cumbaya. Someone's crying, my Lord, cumbaya ..." :D

BEAST
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM

I didnt say he was a beast. I said we didnt see him at his best.

BEAST

mustang04
03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well actually Reggie....he wasn't calling him a beast for running with stitches....that is how he signs all his posts!!:p :p

ah i see lol, well either way, unless the 9 little stitches were from a major operation just days before, then they are not really a good excuse for making that big of an impact on someone's performance...

Ranger Mom
03-27-2009, 01:55 PM
ah i see lol, well either way, unless the 9 little stitches were from a major operation just days before, then they are not really a good excuse for making that big of an impact on someone's performance...

Ya know....I usually agree with you Reggie.

BUT....the fact that someone could run with one stitch in the bottom of their foot, much less 9 is impressive to me!!

I jammed my little pinky toe one time and I couldn't hardly walk for a week!!!

mustang04
03-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Ya know....I usually agree with you Reggie.

BUT....the fact that someone could run with one stitch in the bottom of their foot, much less 9 is impressive to me!!

I jammed my little pinky toe one time and I couldn't hardly walk for a week!!!

i guess i just think its funny for someone to be praised for running with 9 stitches....a jammed toe is different due to the physics of how your toes bend while walking...but 9 stitches, c'mon that's weak

Ranger Mom
03-27-2009, 02:07 PM
i guess i just think its funny for someone to be praised for running with 9 stitches....a jammed toe is different due to the physics of how your toes bend while walking...but 9 stitches, c'mon that's weak

Well....I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and I had less stitches than that... it hurt like hell and I didn't even have to do anything!!!!

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Well....I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and I had less stitches than that... it hurt like hell and I didn't even have to do anything!!!!

but thats a way different location and you have to take your body's physiology into account (like what is weight bearing, how many nerves are in that area, etc. etc..... and sorry but running with 9 stitches on the foot still is not that impressive to me, unless like i said earlier it was after some major operation

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:16 PM

i had 32 staples, a cracked pelvis, ribs that were broken, and no spleen after my car wreck and I still helped work the cattle on our ranch....sorry but 9 stitches on the foot are a joke to me, i guess that's just me

bwdlionfan
03-27-2009, 02:23 PM
i had 32 staples, a cracked pelvis, ribs that were broken, and no spleen after my car wreck and I still helped work the cattle on our ranch....sorry but 9 stitches on the foot are a joke to me, i guess that's just me

First, you don't even know what part of his foot they were on, neither do I. Location of the stitches on his foot could make a world of difference to whether or not they would affect his running ability or not.
Second, it sounds like you have a bit of envy because someone was impressed that the kid ran with stitches, grow up and get over it.

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
First, you don't even know what part of his foot they were on, neither do I. Location of the stitches on his foot could make a world of difference to whether or not they would affect his running ability or not.
Second, it sounds like you have a bit of envy because someone was impressed that the kid ran with stitches, grow up and get over it.

HA! envious??? i am completely willing to give great athletes their due and I am not envious, if someone is a better athlete than me i could care less. I've run with gashes in my feet whoopty-do! thats why i said unless it was after a major operation....have you ever performed an athletic event with an injury like stitches or something like that??? Epinephrine is an amazing thing that you're body likes to release while in pain or competing or both....if he felt fine to run then it must not have bothered him too bad

Looking4number8
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
HA! envious??? i am completely willing to give great athletes their due and I am not envious, if someone is a better athlete than me i could care less. I've run with gashes in my feet whoopty-do! thats why i said unless it was after a major operation....have you ever performed an athletic event with an injury like stitches or something like that??? Epinephrine is an amazing thing that you're body likes to release while in pain or competing or both....if he felt fine to run then it must not have bothered him too bad

sorry dude... you are just making a fool out of yourself.. quit while you are ahead.... well while you are not too far behind.

Congrats to Jaxon on a great track meet, injuries and all!

mustang04
03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
sorry dude... you are just making a fool out of yourself.. quit while you are ahead.... well while you are not too far behind.

Congrats to Jaxon on a great track meet, injuries and all!

How am i making a fool of myself? It sounds like Jaxon is a great athlete and I hope he has great years as an athlete like his brother...but in no way were my posts directed towards him...they were directed towards BEAST....I've seen players play with a lot worse so when a homer fan is like "yeah he did this this and this with 9 STITCHES on his FOOT"...i can't help but chuckle....there are so many athletes who do alot more with alot worse injuries, so in comparison 9 stitches on a foot just dont seem like as much of a HUGE, SIGNIFICANT, or CRUCIAL role in one's performance...that is MY opinion on it

BEAST
03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
How am i making a fool of myself? It sounds like Jaxon is a great athlete and I hope he has great years as an athlete like his brother...but in no way were my posts directed towards him...they were directed towards BEAST....I've seen players play with a lot worse so when a homer fan is like "yeah he did this this and this with 9 STITCHES on his FOOT"...i can't help but chuckle....there are so many athletes who do alot more with alot worse injuries, so in comparison 9 stitches on a foot just dont seem like as much of a HUGE, SIGNIFICANT, or CRUCIAL role in one's performance...that is MY opinion on it

Dude get a grip. I simply gave information about a kid others were talking about. He had a very bad gash between his big and second toe. If I am not mistaken, the big toe effects balance and is the toe that stabilizes the weight. I simply said we didnt see him at his best.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM

I know all about epinephrine, fight or flight mode, etc. I also know you're making a fool of yourself.

garciap77
03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I once ran 100M with a beer in hand and did not spill a drop. I can not remember my time, but I was the fastest! Does that count?

:D

Looking4number8
03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I once ran 100M with a beer in hand and did not spill a drop. I can not remember my time, but I was the fastest! Does that count?

heck yes that counts... I think it counts double, maybe triple since you did not spill any!

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 03:18 PM

Were there red and blue lights flashing behind you?:thinking: :D

garciap77
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Were there red and blue lights flashing behind you?:thinking: :D

No that was when I was a cop!:D

Dang got to go fix a phone, be back later!

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 03:21 PM
No that was when I was a cop!:D

LMAO!:clap:

mustang04
03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Dude get a grip. I simply gave information about a kid others were talking about. He had a very bad gash between his big and second toe. If I am not mistaken, the big toe effects balance and is the toe that stabilizes the weight. I simply said we didnt see him at his best.

BEAST

ha get a grip on what? im laughing about it havin a fun argument and you two bwood homers are the ones jumpin on me....and about the gash between his big toe and second, i dont need an anotomy lesson about what the big toe does, if he would have ran with no big toe, i would have been impressed, all i was saying was that him running with 9 stitches on his foot isn't enough to impress me as much as other athletes who have dealt with worse, that's all....now go back to yall's lions den

like i said before, I'm not taking anything from Jaxon by any means

Ranger Mom
03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
ha get a grip on what? im laughing about it havin a fun argument and you two bwood homers are the ones jumpin on me....and about the gash between his big toe and second, i dont need an anotomy lesson about what the big toe does, if he would have ran with no big toe, i would have been impressed, all i was saying was that him running with 9 stitches on his foot isn't enough to impress me as much as other athletes who have dealt with worse, that's all....now go back to yall's lions den

like i said before, I'm not taking anything from Jaxon by any means

Awww...cut 'em some slack Reg....they are virtually newcomers and don't "understand" you like we do!! But they are both pretty good ole boys....now Rocket, that is a whole nother ball of wax!!:p :p

garciap77
03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
.................................................. ...................................now Rocket, that is a whole nother ball of wax!!:p :p

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AGPZ9VOCAPZLY98CAOMKOHGCA96KMY8C-1.jpg

;)

Ranger Mom
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AGPZ9VOCAPZLY98CAOMKOHGCA96KMY8C-1.jpg

;)

I miss the old fart....don't you???

mustang04
03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
ok ok youre right Kellye.....I really do apologize if ya'll took offense...here's how i saw it

I read a post, misunderstood Beasts sig and thought he was saying Jaxon was a beast for running with stitches...i just thought it was funny cuz you hear of ppl like boxing with a broken hand, just stuff that seems more "major" so i was just havin some fun pokin at him, but really, I had no, or EVER have any intention of downplaying accomplishments of any athletes who deserve nothing but compliments...I havent got to see Jaxon run, but I am sure he is a tremendous athlete and hope he does well...i was just having fun thats all

trust me, if ya knew me like alot of the veteran posters you would know I have no bad feelings or attitudes toward anyone...ok ok except for snyder just cuz they suck:D

garciap77
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I miss the old fart....don't you???

He'll be back as soon as BW starts wining!:D