PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Baseball

maroonpunt
03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I was sitting at a game and over heard a college head coach and a major league scout say that there are no division 1 players on this team. What do the Cuero people think of that? Do ya'll feel that is true or not?

GreenGobbla
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
are you dumb?

Rule #76
03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
My first question would be who were they playing then? For a scout and a HEAD college coach(during the middle of his season) to be at the game, they had to be watching somebody. I have to agree GreenGobbla.

Are you DUMB?

maroonpunt
03-23-2009, 11:47 AM
exactly, both at the game and both said no players....the head coach had been to two games thus far and said he thought maybe game one was bad, but the second game confirmed it...no big time players.

maroonpunt
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
oh and there the first time for the pitcher from halletsville.

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
I was sitting at a game and over heard a college head coach and a major league scout say that there are no division 1 players on this team. What do the Cuero people think of that? Do ya'll feel that is true or not?

Have not seen Cuero play this year, I know they have a pretty solid team 1 thru 9. With this said that does not mean they have any Division I players on the team, any pitcher at any level needs to be throwing in the high 80's to low 90's with command of his pitches to have a shot at DI, lefty's are the exception. Just because you may be ranked No. 1 in State does not mean you have any DI players, not saying Cuero does not have any however I would bet if the scout and HC said they did not see any DI players that it's a good chance there are none. DI is cream of the crop.

Old Green
03-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Schindler is the Pitcher from Hallettsville. He's dang good.

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Schindler is the Pitcher from Hallettsville. He's dang good.

Have you seen him pitch this year, he had Tommy John surgery last year right. A friend of mine who is a regional scout for the Mets wants me to take a look at him, could you give me some info. on him. Thanks.

Old Green
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Have you seen him pitch this year, he had Tommy John surgery last year right. A friend of mine who is a regional scout for the Mets wants me to take a look at him, could you give me some info. on him. Thanks. Yes. He can bring the heat and has a very good change up. He gave Cuero their only loss of the season, a 6-5 loss to Hallettsville.

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Yes. He can bring the heat and has a very good change up. He gave Cuero their only loss of the season, a 6-5 loss to Hallettsville.

Thanks for the info., I will pass it along.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Have you seen him pitch this year, he had Tommy John surgery last year right. A friend of mine who is a regional scout for the Mets wants me to take a look at him, could you give me some info. on him. Thanks.

Go from being and ex softball coach to Pro Scouting?

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Go from being and ex softball coach to Pro Scouting?

Never been a softball coach and or a pro scout, said a friend of mine is a scout with the Mets and was wanting some info on him. Ray Corbett is the scout with the New York, my ex. college coach just so you know. Maybe you would like to check him out also.FBB. Also did not hear much from you Bellville fans about the softball game last Friday, no comment.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Never been a softball coach and or a pro scout, said a friend of mine is a scout with the Mets and was wanting some info on him. Ray Corbett is the scout with the New York, my ex. college coach just so you know. Maybe you would like to check him out also.FBB. Also did not hear much from you Bellville fans about the softball game last Friday, no comment.

I did say our District will be the R4 Champs, and I was refering to the your Lady Leps.

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I did say our District will be the R4 Champs, and I was refering to the your Lady Leps.

I thought you knew me, why and where the hell would I coach softball and for what. No girls.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I thought you knew me,

I do.:D

hookandladder
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I do.:D

So where did I coach softball, fastpitch or slow pitch. Just so I can remember them days.

pirate4state
03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
OT: (big surprise)

Will anyone challenge Cuero in district? How is Yoakum doing this year?

44INAROW
03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
OT: (big surprise)

Will anyone challenge Cuero in district? How is Yoakum doing this year?

P4S - records are pretty scarce for the pre-season but this is what I came up with for 28AAA (We start District Tuesday 3/24 @ Palacios)

Cuero 14-1
Yoakum 6-4
Edna 4-2
Gonzales 3-6
Goliad 2-6
Palacios 2-2

This is from the Victoria Advocate site, so some of the teams are most likely not completely updated. I look for Yoakum and Edna to make some noise.

still trying to figure out how this turned into another pi$$ing contest for District 25:doh: :hand:

Gators17
03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I saw both Yoakum and Gonzalez play in the Weimar tournament and neither were impressive at all.