PDA

View Full Version : Commerce vs Pilot Point

PPHSfan
11-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Well I know that nobody thinks PP has a chance in this one, but go ahead and tell me what you think anyway. :p

eye of the tiger
11-10-2002, 11:30 PM
I think Commerce will win. No surprise there. However Pilot Point has a good team and Coach Moore knows how to motivate and knows how to win. I think it is going to be a good game.

PPHSfan
11-10-2002, 11:51 PM
If Pilot Point finds a way to win this game, it will truly be bittersweet for me. I really like eye of the tiger and most of the other Commerce fans, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for their football team. I just hope that whoever wins, it is a good clean football game with no serious injuries. And I hope that the best team on this particular Friday walks away victorious.

Rabbit'93
11-10-2002, 11:57 PM
I think that Commerce will win this one. But I can't give enough credit to PP for making it to the playoffs their first year in 3A. Congrats to Coach Moore and staff as well as your players.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-11-2002, 01:27 AM
Where is the game being played? I heard that it was on Thursday.....that true? A couple of friends and I will try to be there. I think it'd be a huge honor just to watch a G.A. Moore coached team play, AND i've always wanted to see Commerce too. Please let me know the day/time/location and we'll be there (if we can)

PPHSfan
11-11-2002, 03:08 AM
This is what I have been told. "7:30 Friday at Eagle-Mustang Stadium in Richardson" Hope you can make it :)

aamove
11-11-2002, 05:58 AM
I'll go with Commerce. They just have a way up stepping it up a notch during the playoffs.

MASH4077
11-11-2002, 09:46 AM
I hate to break-up this kiss fest, but Decatur scrimmaged PP and dominated them. The only ballplayer PP had was the Salas kid and he is out now. Commerce in a rout.

justanopinion
11-11-2002, 09:50 AM
Commerce has the overwhelming skill in this game. I say even if they turn the ball over a couple times they still win.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-11-2002, 11:05 AM
PPHSfan:
This is what I have been told. "7:30 Friday at Eagle-Mustang Stadium in Richardson" Hope you can make it :) Geez! That's like, right around the corner from my place! I'll be there!

PPHSfan
11-11-2002, 02:58 PM
MASH4077:
I hate to break-up this kiss fest, but Decatur scrimmaged PP and dominated them. The only ballplayer PP had was the Salas kid and he is out now. Commerce in a rout.MASH4077,

I really respect your opinion, but if you think a scrimage game in week one with a brand new system and playing every player wanting a spot on your team is a good indicator of how well your team playes in week 11, then I will not be looking at any of your predictions when it comes time to bet steak dinners on the outcome. Ask the folks from all of the teams in district 9 if anyone will DOMINATE Pilot Point from here on out and get back with me. Commerce has a Fantastic Football team and will be favored to win, but calling for a rout is premature. Decatur has a fine program as well, but mark my words "Pilot Point can play 48 minutes of football with any highschool team in Texas" and I am sure the folks in Commerce know this. Gonna be a great game..just hide and watch. :D

Jimbotex40
11-11-2002, 04:57 PM
commerce 41 pilot point 13

Tiny
11-11-2002, 05:03 PM
The good one is going to be Commerce vs Celina for the region. Can't miss that one.

CelinaFan
11-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Any team G.A coaches will fight hard. But even the wizard cant overcome some things. Pilot Point played Celina very very tough in the mud bowl. I think this could be a coin toss. Closer than what some may think. One thing is assured. PP will be motivated, prepared and ready to give all they can. Sure wish I could watch this one...Add this to the discussion....PP takes out Commerce....then what shapes up?

fwisd
11-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Good luck, PPHS - if it were a sure deal who was to win - there would not be any point in playing a game. The game must be played on the field - matters not what the polls or the message boards nor what the sportswriters say. Had a middle linebacker who missed several stories about himself because he would not read the newspaper - "you can't believe the hype - just play them like they're all state champions.", he'd say. So, I saved all the articles and gave them to him when he got out of high school - received several accolades in high school and was a JUCO All-American. Guess there was some truth to his theory - was chosen as a pre-season 2nd team All-American - went 1st team All-Conference (unanimous) and 1st team All-American that year. Tentatively, planning to be there - friends who coach and teach in PP, so we're kinda sorta planning to go. You never know what could happen between now and then. Good luck - I know this season has been great for the kids and the community of PP, TX.

PPHSfan
11-13-2002, 10:20 AM

<small>[ November 15, 2002, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

PPHSfan
11-15-2002, 01:09 AM
Well it's the night before the game. This is about the time that J2K rings in and says "Commerce by as much as they want" :rolleyes:

Just watch....he should be here any minute. :D

Pudlugger
11-15-2002, 08:19 AM
eye of the tiger:
I think Commerce will win. No surprise there. However Pilot Point has a good team and Coach Moore knows how to motivate and knows how to win. I think it is going to be a good game.Good luck E of The T! I hope you guys go all the way to the final and meet my Leps for a great rematch! Seriously, I do hope Commerce does well and would love to see them end Celina's streak. There's danger in Tiger country up in region II. :D