View Full Version : Now listen

Phil C
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
IF YOU DRINK DON'[T DRIVE
IF YOU DRIVE DON'T DRINK!

:mad:

Phil C
03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
That was an old saying from the late 50s. It meant don't drive while you are drinking or have drank recently any alcoholic beverages. Even then they frowned on DWIs or DUIs.

waterboy
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, but the penalties never were as SEVERE as they are today. I like the slogan: "DWI : You can't afford it!"

BTW, back in my drinking days, I used to be a member of D.A.M.M.

D runks A gainst M ad M others ........... that is until I wised up!;)

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I lost my best friend at the age of 19, 19 years ago to a car crash involving Alcohol....wonder if someone can give me statistics on DWI deaths, and also Alcohol related deaths per year in the U.S.A....Then Statistics on Amsterdam's SWD deaths "smoking while Driving, and also Cannibas realated deaths per year.......This might help me justify why one is outlawed and the other is perfectly legal....I would have to assume the statistics from Amsterdam are off the charts, and far above the USA's mind shattering/sobering DEATH statistics from a substance that is perfectly legal.!!!!!!!:kiss:

The statistics would even be better coming from one of Americas finest.

Phil C
03-20-2009, 09:42 AM
A law officer once told me that they didn't care if you drank at home till you passed out as long as you didn't create a domestic disturbance or drive a vehicle or anything illegal.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
90% of all people leaving night clubs are drunk....85% of those drive.......thats really jacked up......

would love to see the statistics. I asked for....:inlove:

crzyjournalist03
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I regularly enjoy Happy Hour at Sonic, and I enjoy my half-priced drinks while driving.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I lost my best friend at the age of 19, 19 years ago to a car crash involving Alcohol....wonder if someone can give me statistics on DWI deaths, and also Alcohol related deaths per year in the U.S.A....Then Statistics on Amsterdam's SWD deaths "smoking while Driving, and also Cannibas realated deaths per year.......This might help me justify why one is outlawed and the other is perfectly legal....I would have to assume the statistics from Amsterdam are off the charts, and far above the USA's mind shattering/sobering DEATH statistics from a substance that is perfectly legal.!!!!!!!:kiss:

This is good legal beer here.......

drinking and driving causes over 25,ooo deaths a year. overall 100,000 deaths occur each year due to the effects of alcohol.Correction: According to the NHTSA web site (nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2006/810686.pdf), there were 43,443 alcohol related traffic fatalities in 2005 in the USA. As a comparison, AIDS claimed 18,000 lives in 2003.

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report,
100,000 deaths. That's more than a statistic. That is 100,000 individuals with faces. 100,000 individuals with lives not fully lived. 100,000 individuals grieved by mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children. Every year.

Wonder what the deaths are from flower of choice use.....????

waterboy
03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I regularly enjoy Happy Hour at Sonic, and I enjoy my half-priced drinks while driving.
Me, too! Those Route 44 drinks are a bargain! I haven't even drank as much as a beer in at least 2-1/2 years.........and the funny thing is I haven't even missed it!:thumbsup:

waterboy
03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
This is good legal beer here.......

drinking and driving causes over 25,ooo deaths a year. overall 100,000 deaths occur each year due to the effects of alcohol.Correction: According to the NHTSA web site (nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2006/810686.pdf), there were 43,443 alcohol related traffic fatalities in 2005 in the USA. As a comparison, AIDS claimed 18,000 lives in 2003.

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report,
100,000 deaths. That's more than a statistic. That is 100,000 individuals with faces. 100,000 individuals with lives not fully lived. 100,000 individuals grieved by mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children. Every year.

Wonder what the deaths are from flower of choice use.....????
Hey, did you realize that approximately 56.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot?:D

Seriously, though, alcohol IS a major problem in this country --- always has been, always will be.

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Me, too! Those Route 44 drinks are a bargain! I haven't even drank as much as a beer in at least 2-1/2 years.........and the funny thing is I haven't even missed it!:thumbsup:

During happy hour they are...otherwise, the are quite pricey, IMO!!

I should know, I stop there every day!!:p

Phil C
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
The thing is that when someone is drunk they are not themselves. Sometimes they attack others when otherwise they are peaceful. We have to always remember a drunk is not responsible for his/her actions and must be treated delicately.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The thing is that when someone is drunk they are not themselves. Sometimes they attack others when otherwise they are peaceful. We have to always remember a drunk is not responsible for his/her actions and must be treated delicately.

Well that sounds like a nice defense....Hey judge throw my vehicular homicide DWI out...I was not myself.....:eek:

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
A law officer once told me that they didn't care if you drank at home till you passed out as long as you didn't create a domestic disturbance or drive a vehicle or anything illegal.

Highway Patrol once told me he made a living for 40 years picking up carnage on Texas Highways from nothing but Alcohol related accidents, said alcohol was a good thing for his department...job security.:(

pirate4state
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
The thing is that when someone is drunk they are not themselves. Sometimes they attack others when otherwise they are peaceful. We have to always remember a drunk is not responsible for his/her actions and must be treated delicately. hahaha Phil you crack me up! It's too bad others don't get your sense of humor!

STANG RED
03-20-2009, 10:38 AM

I always have a hard time with an arguement that suggest 2 wrongs make a right. Fight to make alcohol illegal if you want, but to suggest that pot should be legal just because alcohol is, is rediculous. You cant cover a pile of crap with an even bigger pile of crap and expect it to smell any better.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha Phil you crack me up! It's too bad others don't get your sense of humor!

Knee slapper........ I would almost assure you Phil and his sense of humor are dealing with no drunks on this board at 10:38 Am......:kiss:

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I always have a hard time with an arguement that suggest 2 wrongs make a right. Fight to make alcohol illegal if you want, but to suggest that pot should be legal just because alcohol is, is rediculous. You cant cover a pile of crap with an even bigger pile of crap and expect it to smell any better.

You must be high then...its spelt ridiculous...and neither smell like crap.:eek:

Still would like to see the statistics that back up prohibition.....I have enough on alcohol.

Like I stated they must be OFF the charts.....:clap:

GUNHO
03-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Yes they are responsible.They have a choice to drink or not.

I found out ( in my younger years ) that hard liquior did strange things to me.It made me a very bad person.I choose not to drink it for that reason.Now I can drink beer but I also know when to stop.

Everyone who has a choice is responsible for their actions.

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Knee slapper........ I would almost assure you Phil and his sense of humor are dealing with no drunks on this board at 10:38 Am......:kiss:

I wouldn't count on that!!;) ;)

STANG RED
03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
You must be high then...its spelt ridiculous...and neither smell like crap.:eek:
:rolleyes:
Spelt is a hexaploid species of wheat, and was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times.
I think "spelled" is the word you were looking for.
And obviously my crap metaphor went way over your head. :doh:

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Look what you have done PhilC!!:doh:

pirate4state
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Look what you have done PhilC!!:doh: At least you'll have something to keep you busy this afternoon. :p :)

waterboy
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I am SO glad I've left those days of going to bars and clubs far behind me! I sometimes wonder how I made it home some of those times. But I did, thank God, and without His grace I would never have experienced the joy I have now in my life!

Bullaholic
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Spelt is a hexaploid species of wheat, and was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times.

Aw c'mon Stang Red, don't pick on PPSB's spelling----hit him with something about Pilot Point, Celina or G.A. going to Aubrey, and maybe we'll have some entertainment. :D

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Aw c'mon Stang Red, don't pick on PPSB's spelling----hit him with something about Pilot Point, Celina or G.A. going to Aubrey, and maybe we'll have some entertainment. :D

LOL!! I guess if you are gonna correct someone's spelling, you need to be sure all YOUR spelling is correct too!!

That cracked me up!!:D

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM

I assure you the little crap metophor youre now pounding your oversized man boobs about was lacking at best......I never mentioned anything about two wrongs making a right, or condoned anything....... just asked for some statistics.. But all I got was your throwup, and I bad ticket to your run down comedy club..... I demand a full refund.

P.S. Bro.....

Nothing Sweetwater throws out will ever go over my head......unless I get shot at driving thru your getto/town. :kiss:

pirate4state
03-20-2009, 11:11 AM
:spitlol: :spitlol:

I'm so glad I'm taking the afternoon off!

Bullaholic
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM

P.S. Bro.....

Nothing Sweetwater throws out will ever go over my head......unless I get shot at driving thru your getto/town. :kiss:

Foodfight! :D :stirpot: :1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Call out a whole town becuase you disagree with one poster?:dispntd:

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
What are the odds we have to end up closing this thread?:thinking:

pirate4state
03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
What are the odds we have to end up closing this thread?:thinking: Careful, some might view this as gambling! :spitlol:

Pick6
03-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Call out a whole town becuase you disagree with one poster?:dispntd:

He's from PeePee, best thing you can do is ignore him.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Never said I disagreed with him..but did call out the town/ not team.....

ANYHOW

All other comments from Stang Red unrelated to the statistics I was wondering about will marked down as useless and just as breathtaking...as their passing game....:kiss:

Its Friday, and almost 12pm..........Yall be good now, Ya here!:inlove:

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
He's from PeePee, best thing you can do is ignore him.

Love you too.....PhilC:p Have great weekend.

Bullaholic
03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
as useless and just as breathtaking...as their passing game....:kiss:

You may not be able to say that about the 'Stangs next season, PPSB.

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Love you too.....PhilC:p Have great weekend.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That one went way over my head!

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 11:42 AM

eah sorry

As it should have

dang I miss the boat sometimes.......

LOL
PhilC...Pick6.. I dont know...I wish both of you a great weekend, but do send out special loves for my dear one from Celina fame....Pick6... a :kiss: for you.:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
03-20-2009, 11:43 AM

Yeah, me too. I thought it was funny. Making fun of an entire town and absolutely none of what he was saying made any sense to me at all!!! Oh well.....:confused:

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Yeah, me too. I thought it was funny. Making fun of an entire town and absolutely none of what he was saying made any sense to me at all!!! Oh well.....:confused:

:eek:

Pick6
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
, but do send out special loves for my dear one from Celina fame....Pick6... a :kiss: for you.:inlove:

If you think I'm from Celina or live in Celina now, your dead wrong. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Celina orange over peepee orange any day.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If you think I'm from Celina or live in Celina now, your dead wrong. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Celina orange over peepee orange any day.

Then I may be dead wrong...That doesnt change anything for me.