PDA

View Full Version : Left Lane drivers

Farmersfan
03-20-2009, 08:11 AM
I have found the REAL reason our economy is in the toilet. It's the left lane drivers on our highways. I travel about 15 miles one way to work every morning and almost without fail I will get behind someone in the fast lane who will pace the slow lane traffic. In my personal vehicle (4X4 w/ 6" lift and mudders) they normally move over to keep from getting run over but in my Job vehicle they will run along for 10 miles completely oblivious to the fact that they are backing up traffic for several miles. I vote we pass a law that says if someone in the left lane backs up traffic it is legal to TAKE THEM OUT!!!!

Disclaimer: even though everyone knows women are the primary cause of this I am making no referrence as to race, gender or national orgin.....:D :D :D

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have found the REAL reason our economy is in the toilet. It's the left lane drivers on our highways. I travel about 15 miles one way to work every morning and almost without fail I will get behind someone in the fast lane who will pace the slow lane traffic. In my personal vehicle (4X4 w/ 6" lift and mudders) they normally move over to keep from getting run over but in my Job vehicle they will run along for 10 miles completely oblivious to the fact that they are backing up traffic for several miles. I vote we pass a law that says if someone in the left lane backs up traffic it is legal to TAKE THEM OUT!!!!

Disclaimer: even though everyone knows women are the primary cause of this I am making no referrence as to race, gender or national orgin.....:D :D :D

I may be one of those you are speaking of! I normally drive about 5 mph over the limit but when I have to make a left exit from a freeway I try to get in the left lane as early as possible. Much of the traffic behind me seems to be wanting to go faster than 5 mph past the limit, so I become the impediment. Sorry.

My biggest peeve is when I am in the middle lane and get tailgated by drivers who want me to move to the far left or right lane. They are free to pass on my left (or even my right in Texas), but no, they want me to be the one to change lanes.

My second peeve is people who drive exactly the same speed as me but camp in my right blind spot. If I try to move over and am unable to see them, it is my fault and the fact they could have moved 3 feet forward or rearward is of no consequence to them or the legal system.

By the way, it is 4x4 trucks with lifts that are the real problem in our economy. and if they are owned by someone of a different gender than me, well you know the answer!!!!!!!! :D

waterboy
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I don't understand people like that. What's their deal? They THINK they're being safe, when in fact, they are obstructing traffic flow, which is more dangerous than if they just moved over out of the way. I'll NEVER understand those people who insist on driving in the fast lane on a four-lane (or more) highway ALL the time. Can't they understand that the left lane is supposed to be for PASSING ONLY.........besides, IT'S THE LAW, even though it's not enforced? Besides, when you drive in the fast lane your reaction time is next to nothing if someone crosses that yellow line. I don't see the logic in driving in the fast lane when the slow lane is open.:dispntd:

Farmersfan
03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I may be one of those you are speaking of! I normally drive about 5 mph over the limit but when I have to make a left exit from a freeway I try to get in the left lane as early as possible. Much of the traffic behind me seems to be wanting to go faster than 5 mph past the limit, so I become the impediment. Sorry.

My biggest peeve is when I am in the middle lane and get tailgated by drivers who want me to move to the far left or right lane. They are free to pass on my left (or even my right in Texas), but no, they want me to be the one to change lanes.

My second peeve is people who drive exactly the same speed as me but camp in my right blind spot. If I try to move over and am unable to see them, it is my fault and the fact they could have moved 3 feet forward or rearward is of no consequence to them or the legal system.

By the way, it is 4x4 trucks with lifts that are the real problem in our economy. and if they are owned by someone of a different gender than me, well you know the answer!!!!!!!! :D

If it were not for my 4X4 I would be one of those people posting about undue stress and bad sleep habits!!:D :D

The basic intent of the lanes on the highways are for slower traffic to keep right. A lot of places actually have signs posted stating just that. Left lane is for passing only. Even though we have a speed limit in this country it is more dangerous for people to NOT go along with the flow of traffic. If you are an impediment on the highways then you really should be in the slow lane. but that's just me. And I really don't see this as a gender thing. I was just trying to get some reaction....

Farmersfan
03-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I don't understand people like that. What's their deal? They THINK they're being safe, when in fact, they are obstructing traffic flow, which is more dangerous than if they just moved over out of the way. I'll NEVER understand those people who insist on driving in the fast lane on a four-lane (or more) highway ALL the time. Can't they understand that the left lane is supposed to be for PASSING ONLY.........besides, IT'S THE LAW, even though it's not enforced? Besides, when you drive in the fast lane your reaction time is next to nothing if someone crosses that yellow line. I don't see the logic in driving in the fast lane when the slow lane is open.:dispntd:

SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOP BROTHA'!!!!!!

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
If it were not for my 4X4 I would be one of those people posting about undue stress and bad sleep habits!!:D :D

The basic intent of the lanes on the highways are for slower traffic to keep right. A lot of places actually have signs posted stating just that. Left lane is for passing only. Even though we have a speed limit in this country it is more dangerous for people to NOT go along with the flow of traffic. If you are an impediment on the highways then you really should be in the slow lane. but that's just me. And I really don't see this as a gender thing. I was just trying to get some reaction....

Farmer, you were way too reserved in your initial post. You need to tell us how you really feel. Let it out brotha! :cool:

I do almost always try to stay out of the left lane if there are three lanes of traffic. If only two are available, I may be guilty of staying in the left one too long just to get past the folks who drive slower than me.

I am pleased you are less stressed and sleep better with a 4x4. I can't afford that luxury, especially with gas prices increasing and probably headed higher. I'm fortunate to commute less than 5 miles, but still own a smaller auto, but then I almost always have owned smaller. My luxury is my small airplane. Fuel for that dude is still about $3.39 per gallon. My burn rate when flying is about 10 gal. per hour and I cruise around 135 MPH (120 knots). Doesn't require a genius to figure that's about 13.5 mpg. You probably do better than that in your luxury 4x4! Lots less traffic up there though.

waterboy
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Farmer, you were way too reserved in your initial post. You need to tell us how you really feel. Let it out brotha! :cool:

I do almost always try to stay out of the left lane if there are three lanes of traffic. If only two are available, I may be guilty of staying in the left one too long just to get past the folks who drive slower than me.

I am pleased you are less stressed and sleep better with a 4x4. I can't afford that luxury, especially with gas prices increasing and probably headed higher. I'm fortunate to commute less than 5 miles, but still own a smaller auto, but then I almost always have owned smaller. My luxury is my small airplane. Fuel for that dude is still about $3.39 per gallon. My burn rate when flying is about 10 gal. per hour and I cruise around 135 MPH (120 knots). Doesn't require a genius to figure that's about 13.5 mpg. You probably do better than that in your luxury 4x4! Lots less traffic up there though.
I'll bet you stay in the left lane too much up there, too!:D Other planes probably have to pass you on the right, huh?:doh: Well, at least the lanes ain't marked up there!;)

PPSTATEBOUND
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
By the way, it is 4x4 trucks with lifts that are the real problem in our economy. and if they are owned by someone of a different gender than me, well you know the answer!!!!!!!!

Nearest thing to rock climbing the heap mentioned will see is when it backs over moms herb garden. I agree What a waste.:confused:

and Farmer did you make a pass thru PP the day of the Aubrey track meet? coulda swore I saw your bad ride pass thru......... with a chrome dome at the helm.:eek:

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll bet you stay in the left lane too much up there, too!:D Other planes probably have to pass you on the right, huh?:doh: Well, at least the lanes ain't marked up there!;)

Actually there are lanes but they're called airways. And there is always someone telling me where to fly. Dadgum back seat drivers!:mad: I can ssure you that if the train jumps the track, I (the engineer) hear about it very quickly. Both Bush Intercontental and DFW seem to think they own all the airspace within 30 miles. Sorta like the Chinese owning all of the South China Sea.

In fact I'm going up tomorrow, just for fun. I'll let you know if I get run over. I do seem to have lots of friends willing to come along for a ride. They don't know about that $3.39 per gal. fuel for a joy ride.

PPHSfan
03-20-2009, 11:17 AM
The left lane should be for passing only. Period. Stay out of it unless you are passing. One exception is to move into it to let someone on the freeway, but only if the lane is clear. Also, if I move over to let you on....don't camp out beside me and make ME be the one to slow down to get back into the right lane. I will put you in the ditch and not miss a minutes sleep on my Tempur-Pedic.

waterboy
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Actually there are lanes but they're called airways. And there is always someone telling me where to fly. Dadgum back seat drivers!:mad: I can ssure you that if the train jumps the track, I (the engineer) hear about it very quickly. Both Bush Intercontental and DFW seem to think they own all the airspace within 30 miles. Sorta like the Chinese owning all of the South China Sea.

In fact I'm going up tomorrow, just for fun. I'll let you know if I get run over. I do seem to have lots of friends willing to come along for a ride. They don't know about that $3.39 per gal. fuel for a joy ride.
Maybe you can take my family and me up some time. I'll gladly pitch in for gas.:D

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Maybe you can take my family and me up some time. I'll gladly pitch in for gas.:D

We may have a deal in the making! I'll come up for a game, you give me a ride back and forth to the field and I'll take you for a spin in "Kermit" (yes, it's green).

waterboy
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
We may have a deal in the making! I'll come up for a game, you give me a ride back and forth to the field and I'll take you for a spin in "Kermit" (yes, it's green).
Sounds like a deal. Let me know when, and I'll discuss it with my wife and girls. None of them have ever been in an airplane. I know, I know, we are just a bunch of unsophisticated, booger-picking, East Texas country folk,.........but what's wrong with that?:D

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a deal. Let me know when, and I'll discuss it with my wife and girls. None of them have ever been in an airplane. I know, I know, we are just a bunch of unsophisticated, booger-picking, East Texas country folk,.........but what's wrong with that?:D

Not a thing wrong with that! I'm serious, by the way and it would be fun. I also have girls, grown now. I've taken both of them up with husbands and they thought it was great.

My younger daughter lives in the DFW area and I once went up and got her, brought her back here on a Friday night, then safely returned her to the Denton airport Sunday. She said it beats the heck out of driving from there to here.

waterboy
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Not a thing wrong with that! I'm serious, by the way and it would be fun. I also have girls, grown now. I've taken both of them up with husbands and they thought it was great.

My younger daughter lives in the DFW area and I once went up and got her, brought her back here on a Friday night, then safely returned her to the Denton airport Sunday. She said it beats the heck out of driving from there to here.
I would imagine..:eek: !......and I'll bet you didn't here, "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes or so.:D

ronwx5x
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I would imagine..:eek: !......and I'll bet you didn't here, "Are we there yet?" every 5 minutes or so.:D

Mostly I heard heavy breathing and a little bit of light snoring! I get that quite a bit on longer flights!

waterboy
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
"Mostly I heard heavy breathing....."
:eek: Really? Heavy breathing, huh?:eek: Was the plane encountering turbulence.......or was the plane rocking because of something else going on in there?:eek:

Farmersfan
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
By the way, it is 4x4 trucks with lifts that are the real problem in our economy. and if they are owned by someone of a different gender than me, well you know the answer!!!!!!!!

Nearest thing to rock climbing the heap mentioned will see is when it backs over moms herb garden. I agree What a waste.:confused:

and Farmer did you make a pass thru PP the day of the Aubrey track meet? coulda swore I saw your bad ride pass thru......... with a chrome dome at the helm.:eek:

What? Take my baby rock climbing? Are you nuts? I avoid all mud and dirt in my 4X4!!!!!!!!!!!!How dare you suggest I take her offroad. The nerve of some people!:D :D :D

I look at it as an extension of my manhood. Big tires! Big Lift kit! Big 5th Wheel hitch!...... My wife asks why I made it BLACK though. Any psychologists in the crowd????:eek: :eek: :eek:

No it wasn't me passing through PP. I try to avoid all places where I'm the smartest person in town. Besides, I can't afford enough gas to get me from F'ville to PP........

Trashman
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Was that you? Next time wave something besides the middle finger and so will I.:D