PDA

View Full Version : UT vs. OU for national championship???

crzyjournalist03
11-12-2003, 04:10 PM
FSN had a report last night that showed if Ohio State, LSU, and USC lose between now and the final BCS poll, the Texas Longhorns would more than likely become the number two seed, bringing these teams into a rematch. Wouldn't it be interesting to see two teams from the same conference playing for the title? USC has a pretty easy schedule, so it's not very likely, but Ohio State and LSU have tough games remaining, so anything is possible.

JasperDog94
11-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Texas also has some tough games coming up. They have to play a very dangerous Texas Tech team followed by A&M at Kyle Field. Anyone that thinks these are pushover games is sadly mistaken.

On another note, Texas will probably drop in the rankings even with a win because the strength of schedule will be lower after the next two games.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

CTownHardHitter07
11-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Ok....A&M barely beat Kansas at their home field...so they are a push over ...look at their team this year...Fran had nothing at all to work with..and Tech is tough....but texas beat the living crap out of Nebraska and OSU who is much better and 2 great teams....Texas is focused now....and they are all jumping on the back of Cedric Benson and letting him carry the team on his legs.....
HOOK EM

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 05:45 PM
texas does have the tendency to become focused late in the season when they have alredy dropped two unimpressive games and virtually lost all hopes of a national championship. i think that mack brown is this teams biggest problems. he is becomming a genius at being able to push the texas longhorns for a late-season drive at nothingness. he is an good coach when the games dont matter, but he folds like a punk when it comes to the big games.

MonkeyJoe
11-12-2003, 05:53 PM
TCU and Texas in the fiesta bowl...
thats how it'll end up...

BigChamp05
11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Go Sooners. UT doesn't belong on the same field OU is on.

PPHSfan
11-12-2003, 07:50 PM
BigChamp05:
Go Sooners. UT doesn't belong on the same field OU is on.Who does?

Damn it urks me to ask that....but it is true.

vfunk
11-12-2003, 07:50 PM
texas wont be in the national championship cause all 3 of those teams wont lose...and i dont think TCU will finish in the top 6 of the BCS. that SMU game will drop them no matter how bad they win. dont think TCU and Texas would play even if TCU made BCS game...i seriously doubt theyd take two teams from same state to play...cause youre bringing a lot of the same fans instead of two sets of fans...well...let me add to that...not just interstate, but interstate non-rivals. if they were rivals...then itd be good cause youd still get two sets of fans. when it comes down to it...the BCS isnt what decides the BCS games...its the rich and powerful alumni and the TV stations. They will do everything in their power to keep TCU out of it...cause their fan base is too small.

the-O-fence
11-12-2003, 10:45 PM
I think OU should play the Kansas City Chiefs, give the sooners just a lil competition.

sahen
11-12-2003, 10:49 PM
i'd rather see LSU vs. OU....UT already had their chance but that'd be my 2nd pick...

the-O-fence
11-12-2003, 10:52 PM
it might be possible to see a UT-LSU matchup, that would be a pretty good game.

sahen
11-12-2003, 10:59 PM
UT vs. LSU was last year....i'd rather see LSU vs. OU this year

Phil C
11-13-2003, 09:19 AM
VF is right. The powers that be are afraid of TCU not because of the fan base but they are afraid that TCU would whip Oklahoma which they would. They don't have a perfect record for nothing and it is not their fault that OK, Texas, Miami, or Nebraska or Michigan are scared to play them not that I blame them. TCU is a giant killer! Remember they won the National Championship in 1935 and would do it again and are the most worthy team now but the BCS and other powerers that be are scared because they know a small college like TCU would put the big ones in their place. Heck, Notre Dame would probably beat Oklahoma too. Remember when Oklahoma started their record 47 winning streak. It was ND that stopped it. Basically though the BCS needs to go into the Arizona sunset and let Division I football have a real playoff system that is decided on the field just II and III.

BigChamp05
11-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Phill, are you an idiot? What are you on? Get real.

Defense_Wins_Games
11-13-2003, 01:51 PM
"PHIL" you have absolutely got to be freaking kiddding me. TCU cannot and would not beat Oklahoma. That is probably the most ludicrous statement I think that I have ever read on this board. Who cares what happened in 1935? Do you think that any players who are playing today were at that game or know a lot about. If you do think that you are sadly delusional. Notre Dame would beat the ever-living crap out of TCU. I'm sure that you watched the Texas A&M / Oklahoma game last saturday. If TCU and Oklahoma played, it would be over at halftime just like that game. What in the world makes you think that TCU's defense, which is obviously overrated by watching it's last couple of games, could cover Texas' or Oklahoma's wide receivers. I watched TCU almost lose to Houston. You said that schools like Michigan are afraid to play TCU. Well, TCU beat Houston 62-55, and they are lucky that it didn't go to overtime. Michigan beat Houston by 30+ points. So, there you have it, another cream puff (TCU) proves to be nothing more than a delictable pastry for Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, USC, Michigan, or any major D1 school.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2003, 03:15 PM
http://www.stan-noon.com/golems/images/sm_hahahaha.gif

TCU not even a top 20 team. Weak schedule only reason they are rank higher
http://www.stan-noon.com/golems/images/sm_poking.gif

Bongo
11-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Do you really think Mack Brown wants to go up against Oklahoma again? Publicly he might be saying he wants a shot, but deep down he knows what will happen. He is Oklahoma's .....whipping boy (there's probably a better word for it but I don't care to get ROM'd).

sahen
11-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Phil C:
VF is right. The powers that be are afraid of TCU not because of the fan base but they are afraid that TCU would whip Oklahoma which they would. They don't have a perfect record for nothing and it is not their fault that OK, Texas, Miami, or Nebraska or Michigan are scared to play them not that I blame them. TCU is a giant killer! Remember they won the National Championship in 1935 and would do it again and are the most worthy team now but the BCS and other powerers that be are scared because they know a small college like TCU would put the big ones in their place. Heck, Notre Dame would probably beat Oklahoma too. Remember when Oklahoma started their record 47 winning streak. It was ND that stopped it. Basically though the BCS needs to go into the Arizona sunset and let Division I football have a real playoff system that is decided on the field just II and III.this is why we need a playoff system....oh well...sic'em bears!