PDA

View Full Version : Weimar Baseball Tournament

trg
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Anyone have any info on this tournament. Who's in it? Schedule?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Bellville played 2 today.

Bellville -----8
Flatonia-----2

Bellville-------12
Yoakum-------4

Bellville only pitched one of their top 3 pitchers today, Huebner pitched part of the 1st game. With District starting next week, Tuesday, dont plan on seeing the other 2 top pitching many pitches. Good luck in the finals.

zebrablue2
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Go Brahmas:2thumbsup:

Brahma84
03-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Huebner got the win in the Flatonia game going 4 2/3 innings. Jackson hit a HR.

Williams got the win in the Yoakum game going 4 innings. Mueller hit 2 HR's.

Smith pitched the end of both games with 4 K's in 2 1/3 innings.

Defense looked better. Still a few errors. Bellville hit the ball hard in both games. We didn't see very good pitching, but it's still nice to be hitting the ball hard.

hookandladder
03-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84

Defense looked better. Still a few errors. Bellville hit the ball hard in both games. We didn't see very good pitching, but it's still nice to be hitting the ball hard.

I am guessing that the Penny kid did not pitch for Flatonia, he throws in the mid-80's with a pretty good hook. Yoakum must be down this year also, the tournament looks to be prety weak. Who is in the other half of the bracket.

Brahma84
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I believe Pinney did pitch. Huebner did a good job of keeping them off the bases.

Yoakum threw two weak pitchers. Maybe they have better pitchers that we didn't see. Their lead-off hitter was good, but Williams for the most part shut them down.

Other teams in the tournament are: Weimar, St. Josephs, Gonzales, D'Hanis and Shiner.

With district starting Tues., I'm not sure who will pitch for Bellville Saturday. Tallerine and Mueller may each get an inning, but after that who knows.

Reds fan
03-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Good to hear the Brahmas are swinging the bats better, even against average pitching, at least they are seeing the ball better and getting good swings. If they continue to shore up the D and get the ball in play the pitching is strong enough to keep most teams at bay.

hookandladder
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Good to hear the Brahmas are swinging the bats better, even against average pitching, at least they are seeing the ball better and getting good swings. If they continue to shore up the D and get the ball in play the pitching is strong enough to keep most teams at bay.

Better get ready to see the heat from Giddings, Masek kid is throwing in the upper 80's was clocked at 87-88 with good hook. I would bet the Berry kid is also throwing in the mid to upper 80's, Bellville will see their best both games unless they have Columbus and Bellville in the same week.

Brahma84
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Bellville looks to have the toughest schedule the first week of district. They play Giddings then Columbus. Giddings has Bellville then La Grange, and Columbus has Sealy then Bellville.

Bellville does not really have a clear #1 pitcher. Tallerine, Mueller and Huebner are all throwing the ball good right now. I guess either Mueller or Tallerine will get the first start because Huebner pitched a game on Thursday, but I guess they could all go.

trg
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Good luck to the Bulls on Saturday in the tournament and next week as they start their district games.

:clap:

brahmafan01
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
wow, hard to believe that the Berry kid from Giddings is even touching 80. It was a real eye opener to see that mid to upper eighties. What kind of radar gun do ya'll have down there in Giddings?

hookandladder
03-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Bellville looks to have the toughest schedule the first week of district. They play Giddings then Columbus. Giddings has Bellville then La Grange, and Columbus has Sealy then Bellville.

Bellville does not really have a clear #1 pitcher. Tallerine, Mueller and Huebner are all throwing the ball good right now. I guess either Mueller or Tallerine will get the first start because Huebner pitched a game on Thursday, but I guess they could all go.

I would have to give Bellville the edge in pitching for our District, their pitching is usually their strongest area. Best hiiting team I would have to go with Giddings, not counting any team out but would have to say thet will fight it out for the championship. The 3rd spot will be interesting, Columbus would be my pick however i think it will be an interesting battle with all teams haveing a shot.

Gators17
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by brahmafan01
wow, hard to believe that the Berry kid from Giddings is even touching 80. It was a real eye opener to see that mid to upper eighties. What kind of radar gun do ya'll have down there in Giddings?

I agree. Last year He may have been hitting 75 with the wind at his back.

Brahma84
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Bellville defeats St. Joseph in the championship tonight 5-4.

Mueller pitched the first inning, Smith 2-6 and Pickett the 7th. WP- Pickett

Tournament MVP: Tallerine
All-Tournament: Mueller, Hackemack and Gremmel

buff4life
03-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Gators17

the Berry kid was hittin 80 last year...

and if you don't think Masek throws upper eighties just wait and see :D

zebrablue2
03-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Bellville defeats St. Joseph in the championship tonight 5-4.

Mueller pitched the first inning, Smith 2-6 and Pickett the 7th. WP- Pickett

Tournament MVP: Tallerine
All-Tournament: Mueller, Hackemack and Gremmel

congrats to joe, kyle, blake, and little hack.:2thumbsup good job bulls...

hookandladder
03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by brahmafan01
wow, hard to believe that the Berry kid from Giddings is even touching 80. It was a real eye opener to see that mid to upper eighties. What kind of radar gun do ya'll have down there in Giddings? y

I cannot say exactly what the Berry kid is throwing right but I would bet he throws in the 80's. I am pretty sure he threw pretty close to 80 when he was a freshmen. The Masek kid I know throws in the upper 80's and he is just a Junior.

Buffgal
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
jjjk

Buffgal
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Trey Masek was officially clocked @ 89 by a college scout a week ago. I'm not saying that was every pitch but he can bring the heat and put it in the strike zone consistently. Masek continues to improve each time on the mound.

Berry, Kmoch and Ty Marlow are also looking very strong on the mound. Have no idea what a radar gun would show but am confident that it is greater than 75 mph on all three of them.

Giddings bats are strong all through the line up. Brooks and Ty Marlow are battling in the homerun derby with it now 8-7 for the season.

Defense has had a few shaky games, mostly with kids learning new positions. Last three games have been strong defensively and looks like the new "jobs" are settling down to play.

Good luck Buffs in your first district game vs Bellville.

Eat your puddin' and swing those bats.

KL3
03-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Giddings probably plays in the smallest park in 3A so their homerun totals don't mean a whole lot.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I am guessing that the Penny kid did not pitch for Flatonia, he throws in the mid-80's with a pretty good hook.

Sounds like they hit the ball well vs Penny.

buff4life
03-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Giddings probably plays in the smallest park in 3A so their homerun totals don't mean a whole lot.

they have played ONE home game so far...so your argument is moot...

their home run totals are legit

giddingsblazer2
03-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Gators17

your kidding me right???
must be some good weed being smoked down in brahmaland

giddingsblazer2
03-23-2009, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KL3
Giddings probably plays in the smallest park in 3A so their homerun totals don't mean a whole lot. [/QUOTE

still.....everyone knows that we play in a small field...but we've played at home once...and hit one homerun in that game....the fence is the same for both teams....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I am guessing that the Penny kid did not pitch for Flatonia, he throws in the mid-80's with a pretty good hook. Yoakum must be down this year also, the tournament looks to be prety weak. Who is in the other half of the bracket.

If Bellville is so weak, why are you not talking about the La Grange Baseball team?