PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Fire

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Did anyone watch American Idol last night and see Adam Lambert's rendition of it??

If so, what did you think??

Country music fans are NOT HAPPY and saying that Johnny Cash is probably rolling over in his grave.

I am in the middle.....I didn't expect him to sing with a "country twang" just because it was country night.....but WOW....he really changed it up.

The boy can sure sing though!!

Adam Lambert (http://idolblips.showhype.com/video/watch_adam_lambert_performing_ring_of_fire_and_mr/)

:)

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm not a country fan, but I liked that song.

He ruined it for me last night. My wife said afterwards she hopes he gets voted off for ruining a classic.

goosealaniz
03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
i just started watching it... i think i just threw up in my mouth a lil bit... nope... nevermind... it was a lil more than a lil bit... now i got to clean it up...:(

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't end up winning the whole sha-bang this season!!:eek: :eek:

kepdawg
03-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't end up winning the whole sha-bang this season!!:eek: :eek:

Probably so, he's doing the same thing David Cook did.

jason
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
terrible

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm not a country fan, but I liked that song.

He ruined it for me last night. My wife said afterwards she hopes he gets voted off for ruining a classic.

If for some reason he WAS the lowest vote getter tonight, I think the judges would use their "save" to keep him in it.

Emerson1
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I would have never guessed he was even singing that song. He is just going AHHHHOOOHHOringOHAHAHAfireHHH the entire time

goosealaniz
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I would have never guessed he was even singing that song. He is just going AHHHHOOOHHOOHAHAHAHHH the entire time

haha

Phil C
03-18-2009, 03:06 PM
A great song with a great changeup! A genius indeed! This is the voice of youth and we must accept it and enjoy it.

Bullaholic
03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A great song with a great changeup! A genius indeed! This is the voice of youth and we must accept it and enjoy it.

Yea, maybe he could star in a remake of "Dawn at Soccoro"...:D

BwdLions
03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I have to admit I watch this show. As far as Adam's rendition of Ring Of Fire, I'm not sure what to think. That was the strangest song I've ever heard. I'll say this though, the kid has some crazy vocals. It was a weird song, but he hit some notes that no one else in this competition can. I have predicted he would win the competition for weeks now. I don't see him getting voted off. There's a bunch of young people that loved his song last night.

Phil C
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yea, maybe he could star in a remake of "Dawn at Soccoro"...:D

Maybe so in about ten years. :)

Below is another version of the song from the movie Ring of Fire made in 1961 starring David Janssen, Frank Gorshin and Joyce Taylor. A good movie with another great version. It is played by the great guitar player Duane Eddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaIfGHL7J8

Who-dun-it!!?
03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh my God !!!!!

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!
Hidious!!!!

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
If for some reason he WAS the lowest vote getter tonight, I think the judges would use their "save" to keep him in it.

See, I don't know that they would...I mean, they say the "judges" can save, but really, it means Simon Cowell. It's his show, and he instituted the change, and he's already seemed more irritated with other judges' comments than usual.

Simon didn't like the performance at all if I remember correctly, while the other judges seemed to (if Kara claiming she's confused can be taken as a compliment). I think that when the save is used, it's going to be on one of Simon's favorites, and I don't know that Adam is one of them right now.

Rabid Cougar
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!"

Old Green
03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!" +1

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
See, I don't know that they would...I mean, they say the "judges" can save, but really, it means Simon Cowell. It's his show, and he instituted the change, and he's already seemed more irritated with other judges' comments than usual.

Simon didn't like the performance at all if I remember correctly, while the other judges seemed to (if Kara claiming she's confused can be taken as a compliment). I think that when the save is used, it's going to be on one of Simon's favorites, and I don't know that Adam is one of them right now.

Why do you say it's Simon Cowell's show?? It isn't!

SWMustang
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM

best evah version right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2ESgR0FUM

Phil C
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM

They are confused with the show's producer Simon Fuller.

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Am I mistaken or do the winners sign with Cowell's record label? I thought he was the one who sued the homeless kid from last year for trying to release an album under a label other than the one he has a contract with.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Am I mistaken or do the winners sign with Cowell's record label? I thought he was the one who sued the homeless kid from last year for trying to release an album under a label other than the one he has a contract with.

They haven't signed with his record label since Season 4, I believe.......unless something has changed over the past couple of seasons.

Which....is why he is making so much as a judge, they had to make it worth his while to stay on if they weren't gonna use his label.

waterboy
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!"
+2

That was AWFUL! That's the worst rendition of a great song I think I've ever heard! If it were the "Gong Show", he wouldn't have gotten more than 3 words out before he was "gonged"!:doh:

44INAROW
03-18-2009, 05:11 PM
"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!"
+3

espn1
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Did anyone watch American Idol last night and see Adam Lambert's rendition of it??

If so, what did you think??

Country music fans are NOT HAPPY and saying that Johnny Cash is probably rolling over in his grave.

I am in the middle.....I didn't expect him to sing with a "country twang" just because it was country night.....but WOW....he really changed it up.

The boy can sure sing though!!

Adam Lambert (http://idolblips.showhype.com/video/watch_adam_lambert_performing_ring_of_fire_and_mr/)

:)

Sucked to the second power! Maybe even cubed!

Phantom Stang
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
terrible
Here. You'll like this one a LOT better!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO1ZlJhxaG4&feature=related

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

:foul: :foul: :foul:

44INAROW
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
along the same subject - it's up to the judges if ALEXIS GRACE stays.................. and she's gone.. she picked the wrong song in my opinion....

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
along the same subject - it's up to the judges if ALEXIS GRACE stays.................. and she's gone.. she picked the wrong song in my opinion....

Yep...and she did WAY worse tonight than she did last night. You could hear the nervousness tonight.

Carrie Underwood was good as usual, but I didn't like her hair and whatever that dead looking thing was that was in it!

GreenGobbla
03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
adam is still going to win it.

him or megan

IHStangFan
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I hate that show.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
adam is still going to win it.

him or megan

I don't see what the appeal of Megan is. She is cute and has a different sounding voice, but I think Lil Rounds and/or Allison could both sing circles around her.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Adam and Danny in the finals.

That Kris kid is starting to grow on me though!

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I hate that show.

OK:confused:

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
but I didn't like her hair and whatever that dead looking thing was that was in it!

Now Ranger Mom, that's no way to talk about Randy Travis...

Ranger Mom
03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Now Ranger Mom, that's no way to talk about Randy Travis...

LOL! That was cold!

Phantom Stang
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
:foul: :foul: :foul:
You don't like Johnny Cash? :confused:

Phil C
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Randy Travis is a great singer. He was once married to actress Julia Roberts. He used to wear his hair straight up which game him a manacing look. A great country music singer indeed.

Ranger Mom
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Randy Travis is a great singer. He was once married to actress Julia Roberts. He used to wear his hair straight up which game him a manacing look. A great country music singer indeed.

Julia Roberts?? Are you sure you don't mean Lyle Lovett??

:thinking:

Phil C
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Holy Chiwawa!

:eek: :( :mad:

Phil C
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Julia Roberts?? Are you sure you don't mean Lyle Lovett??

:thinking:

Er uh well uh ....... oops! :(

Red&White_9x5
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
One thing is true, Randy Travis is not the singer he used to be. That song would have been much better if he had never chimed in. He could have just sat there and smiled the whole time while gorgeous Carrie did the whole thing and it would have been better

44INAROW
03-19-2009, 10:01 AM

:eek: :p :1omg!:

icu812
03-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
best evah version right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2ESgR0FUM

amen brother, saw this version by sd live in 1990. Great concert, great band!

BullsFan
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
You know, Chris Daughtry did an altered version of "I Walk the Line" that wasn't nearly as weird and off-putting as Adam Lambert's "Ring of Fire". And while I can admit that Adam can sing, I've about gotten to the point where I can't stand anything he sings. Too shriek-y and theatrical. There's very little musicality in his performances IMO.

Here's Daughtry's performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXwm150umQ&feature=PlayList&p=447895A45EBBA4C5&index=0&playnext=1)

I cannot believe that Megan is still in it and Alexis Grace is gone. Ugh.