PDA

View Full Version : Official 3ADL Fantasy Baseball League 2009

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey guys, I've been asked to put together the official 3A Downlow fantasy baseball league for the 2009 season, so here's the signup info:

League ID#: 234333
League Name: Official 3ADL
Password: TOrules
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/3adl

I wanted that to be the password just for the sheer enjoyment of knowing someone like Keith or g$$ would have to type that phrase to partake in the league :devil: :evillol:

I've set it up as an autodraft league, but I'm more than willing to do a live if we can get a time together that works for the league...I could do it this Friday night if everybody's interested!

I've set the league settings to a standard Yahoo head-to-head scoring, but with the addition of having 3 DL spots instead of one, so you don't get stuck having to cut your good players if they get hurt and have someone who's got a healthy team grab them away from you.

I'm open to changing or adding some categories depending on what people like, but I figured we'd keep it simple to start and get more complex as people like. Categories I considered: (Hitting) Total Bases, Errors (Pitching) Home Runs Allowed, Losses.

Also, I've set the max teams to 12, but I'd expand to 14 if demand requires!

Keith7
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I signed up for it.. No I wasn't happy about the password either.. But I got over it and joined..

I'd be down with a live draft.. I'm not a big fan of auto drafts, I would prolly end up with A-rod in the first round and Ben Sheets in the second.. Anytime this weekend would work for me.

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I signed up for it.. No I wasn't happy about the password either.. But I got over it and joined..

I'd be down with a live draft.. I'm not a big fan of auto drafts, I would prolly end up with A-rod in the first round and Ben Sheets in the second.. Anytime this weekend would work for me.

That's why you set your prerankings and exclude players like that...it only drafts who you tell it to until it runs out of people you told it to draft, at which point it starts drafting according to its own ranks. But if you have people on your excluded list, it doesn't take them regardless.

I've found sometimes that auto drafts create more trading early on, but I'd be more than happy to do a Friday night draft if the league fills and everybody's cool with it.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
i'll sign up tonight, at work dont have time right now, but Friday night wont work for the ones that follow baseball or softball.

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm in. Hopefully I'll do better than a sixth place finish like last year
in Adidas' league.:(

I would really prefer a live draft myself and no crazyj I don't plan
on drafting Detroit's starting lineup.:D

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I did a live hockey draft last fall where a guy took the entire Atlanta Thrashers roster...we figured something was up when he took Dan Turple in the fourth round...everybody was asking "Who is Dan Turple?" Turns out it was Atlanta's backup goalie...

Texasfootball2
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM

I'd be down with a live draft.. I'm not a big fan of auto drafts, I would prolly end up with A-rod in the first round and Ben Sheets in the second.. Anytime this weekend would work for me. Weekends are not good for me. I have way to much going on with my kids and track and well :doh: you know how it is. Since we are all seemingly on here most of the time during the day, why can't we start in at arond noon some day. Most of the live drafts, if there is a timer, will automatically give you the highest ranked player available if you have to run an errand or something. Just an idea but we all seem to be available most of the time during the day.

Texasfootball2
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM

My guess is your are the Toledo Mudhens?:doh: :D :clap:

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
My guess is your are the Toledo Mudhens?:doh: :D :clap:

:thumbsup: :D

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Weekends are not good for me. I have way to much going on with my kids and track and well :doh: you know how it is. Since we are all seemingly on here most of the time during the day, why can't we start in at arond noon some day. Most of the live drafts, if there is a timer, will automatically give you the highest ranked player available if you have to run an errand or something. Just an idea but we all seem to be available most of the time during the day.

My only problem is that I have a firewall at work that won't let me access Yahoo's live draft system...I've tried for the last two years and can't get it to work. I suppose I don't have to actually be there for the live draft as I set my preranks, but it seems like people are going to have a difficult time finding a time that works for everybody. That's why I thought an autodraft might be the easiest and fairest way to go.

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
My only problem is that I have a firewall at work that won't let me access Yahoo's live draft system...I've tried for the last two years and can't get it to work. I suppose I don't have to actually be there for the live draft as I set my preranks, but it seems like people are going to have a difficult time finding a time that works for everybody. That's why I thought an autodraft might be the easiest and fairest way to go.

Have you tried a different browser. Like I can't watch a youtube
video when I try to open it with IE. I can when I use Mozilla
though.:confused:

pirate4state
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I've been asked to put together the official 3A Downlow fantasy baseball league for the 2009 season, so here's the signup info:

League ID#: 234333
League Name: Official 3ADL
Password: TOrules
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/3adl

I wanted that to be the password just for the sheer enjoyment of knowing someone like Keith or g$$ would have to type that phrase to partake in the league :devil: :evillol:

bahahahaha :D

TO RULES! Think I'll add it to my signature! :)

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Have you tried a different browser. Like I can't watch a youtube
video when I try to open it with IE. I can when I use Mozilla
though.:confused:

yeah...it has something to do with the javascript that they use...it's a firewall issue...I can use ESPN.com's draft fine, but they don't have very good baseball leagues I don't think.

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
So far, six teams are in.

sahen
03-18-2009, 06:32 PM
i havent done fantasy baseball in years but i'd be willing to do it depending on when the draft is....we had the downlow football one in the middle of the week at night....during work, i have a firewall that not only blocks fantasy drafts but anything to do w/ fantasy...whether it be a sports site or any other kind of fantasy...

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by sahen
i havent done fantasy baseball in years but i'd be willing to do it depending on when the draft is....we had the downlow football one in the middle of the week at night....during work, i have a firewall that not only blocks fantasy drafts but anything to do w/ fantasy...whether it be a sports site or any other kind of fantasy...

Would you want to do it if we just did an autodraft?

We have 8 teams now!

duckhunter
03-19-2009, 09:11 AM
autodraft is a must..... i dont have the time, nor do i want to do a live draft.....

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
autodraft is a must..... i dont have the time, nor do i want to do a live draft.....

have you already signed up?

sahen
03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
maybe...if your short a team before you start let me know...im a fan of live draft but i can do auto if its a must....since we have a lot of people with conflicting schedules it seems that may be a prob....let me know if the time for the draft gets close and you need another team or not....

Sweetwater Red
03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
maybe...if your short a team before you start let me know...im a fan of live draft but i can do auto if its a must....since we have a lot of people with conflicting schedules it seems that may be a prob....let me know if the time for the draft gets close and you need another team or not....

Why can't we have a live draft and those that can't be there just
set their draft picks?

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Why can't we have a live draft and those that can't be there just
set their draft picks?

That's a possibility if everybody who's not going to be there agrees to it, but from past experiences, people who don't show up for a live draft always get screwed, even if they had prerankings set.

When you have a live draft, rankings change...for example, you can have five first basemen go in a row, and then the autodraft guy had all five of those ranked, so he ends up not taking a first baseman until round 20. If everybody goes into an autodraft blind, it levels the playing field, but having some people watch the draft and adjust strategy accordingly while others have no clue what happens seems to create a fairness issue.

I've already said that I'm ok with having my team autodrafted in a live draft if that's what everybody agrees to, but I'm not going to do it if half the teams can't make the draft and don't want the other managers to have a live draft.

Keith7
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
If we have a live draft it will autopick for the people who cant make it.. Just set your rankings ahead of time and it will pick just a like a auto draft would

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM
If we have a live draft it will autopick for the people who cant make it.. Just set your rankings ahead of time and it will pick just a like a auto draft would

again, that's fine in theory, but the reality is that even if you have your autodraft set ahead of time, people who don't participate in a live draft have a disadvantage by not being able to adjust their rankings as the draft takes place. Every draft requires a different strategy as it unfolds, and those who use autopick in a live draft have a distinct disadvantage.

duckhunter
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
have you already signed up? yes, i was under the assumption it would be autodraft like last years?

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
yes, i was under the assumption it would be autodraft like last years?

Is that how it was last year? I didn't participate. If that's how it was, then I'll leave it that way. Makes everything a heck of a lot easier on my part rather than trying to find a time when everybody can agree.

crzyjournalist03
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Still four spots left--we WILL be doing an autodraft, so if you're interested, sign up now!

sahen
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
when is the draft?

crzyjournalist03
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
when is the draft?

since we're doing auto, it will probably be next monday or tuesday...whenever we get the last four teams signed up.

sahen
03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
ok...if i can get some free time this weekend i'll look into it...ranking the players for me atleast takes as long as the live draft so i gotta make me some time...

tortilla_man
03-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I signed up

SintonFan_inAustin
03-21-2009, 08:47 AM
auto draft :doh:

oh well, was hoping to have mostly Rangers on my team :D

forum_guy
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
if u guys decide to do a live draft im in...i am in no way a fan of auto pick

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 09:06 AM
We only have one spot left!

We'll draft within a couple of days if we get the last team signed up!

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
We only have one spot left!

We'll draft within a couple of days if we get the last team signed up!

Can I have two and trade with my self?:D

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Can I have two and trade with my self?:D

If you're only drafting Detroit Tigers, you'd still be near the bottom...

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
If you're only drafting Detroit Tigers, you'd still be near the bottom...

Have you not heard about the new stud catcher we aquired in
the offseason?:confused:

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Have you not heard about the new stud catcher we aquired in
the offseason?:confused:

Matt Treanor will most definitely NOT be a stud...

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Matt Treanor will most definitely NOT be a stud...

No. This guy.

Laird was brought in from Texas to help handle a young pitching staff, but with all the fly balls he hits, it wouldn't take much for his power numbers to take a huge leap, especially because all these other bats around him will likely allow Laird to see a lot of balls over the plate. And perhaps without the need to keep looking over his shoulder to see if Jarrod Saltalamacchia or Taylor Teagarden are strapping on their shin guards, Gerald will relax enough to have an outstanding year at the plate, as well as behind it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5465

crzyjournalist03
03-23-2009, 10:52 AM
No. This guy.

Laird was brought in from Texas to help handle a young pitching staff, but with all the fly balls he hits, it wouldn't take much for his power numbers to take a huge leap, especially because all these other bats around him will likely allow Laird to see a lot of balls over the plate. And perhaps without the need to keep looking over his shoulder to see if Jarrod Saltalamacchia or Taylor Teagarden are strapping on their shin guards, Gerald will relax enough to have an outstanding year at the plate, as well as behind it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5465

I'll be rooting for Laird, as he never really was given a fair opportunity in Texas. That said, a "huge leap" in power numbers isn't going to happen. He doesn't have much power. Something around the lines of .290 12 HR 65 RBI would be a great season from him.

Keith7
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Only one spot left!

sahen
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
alright i joined...let me know when the draft is so i can set up my rankings

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Now that we're full, I'm setting the draft to "ready" tomorrow morning. So everybody get your rankings in order in the next day or so.

Texasfootball2
03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Now that we're full, I'm setting the draft to "ready" tomorrow morning. So everybody get your rankings in order in the next day or so.
How many players do we need to rank?????? I'm up to 300, will that be enough?

Forget it!:hand: When I hit save it told me I could only rank 252 players for our league.

PLAY BALL:clap:

sahen
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
tomorrow???? u cant make it auto draft this friday or something to give us a couple days to get it in order...the regular season doesnt start til April 5th, so we'd still have plenty of time to get trades and all in...

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
tomorrow???? u cant make it auto draft this friday or something to give us a couple days to get it in order...the regular season doesnt start til April 5th, so we'd still have plenty of time to get trades and all in...

The problem is you can't schedule the autodraft....you just set it to "ready" and yahoo drafts whenever it gets a chance. It could happen in an hour, or I've had it happen 4 days later. In order to start the season, yahoo is requiring drafts be completed before next Sunday.

I suppose I could move it to Thursday or Friday, but really, it shouldn't take days to get your rankings in order. Yahoo's default rankings are generally pretty good, and while you'll obviously want to make some adjustments, it shouldn't take more than an hour or two at the absolute most.

sahen
03-24-2009, 12:03 PM
oh...well that kinda sucks how yahoo does that...but alright, i'll do what i can...

crzyjournalist03
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
alright...I waited an extra day just to give everybody a little time, but I'm setting the draft to ready!

Sweetwater Red
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
alright...I waited an extra day just to give everybody a little time, but I'm setting the draft to ready!

I hope I get Barry Bonds before someone else does.

Keith7
03-27-2009, 02:56 AM
it looks like it drafted for us.. The computer did a decent job drafting to me until about round 12.. It went down hill quickly from there, but I like my team overall..

That being said, I'm looking for another reliever or 2 if anyone is interested

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I really like my team...I'm not too high on Miguel Tejada, but it looks like a lot of shortstops went far earlier than they normally do, so I'm ok with him. I could use another starter, but there are still some pretty good ones in the FA pool, so I think that will be an easy fix.

I was hoping to get either Hamilton, Kinsler, or Chris Davis, but some Rangers homers took them pretty stinking early.

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I really like my team...I'm not too high on Miguel Tejada, but it looks like a lot of shortstops went far earlier than they normally do, so I'm ok with him. I could use another starter, but there are still some pretty good ones in the FA pool, so I think that will be an easy fix.

I was hoping to get either Hamilton, Kinsler, or Chris Davis, but some Rangers homers took them pretty stinking early.

I didn't get Bonds. But I did get Jason Giambi.:rolleyes:

I don't have a single Tiger on my roster. Unfortunately that might
be a good thing.:(

I'm a little limited by my roster. I don't have any players that play
multiple postions.

I have three 3B men. Two of which suck...Giambi and Glaus. I
need more relief pitchers also.

sahen
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
well, im a big astros fan and i didnt really rank my team to get astros but if im gonna have to have 3 of them i'll take oswalt, berkman, and lee....

my relief pitching is prolly gonna be a bit weak unless if my relievers revert to their form 3 or 4 years ago...i can fix that though there is always some young new hot shot closer that comes along same with starters....not so sure about my everyday lineup i'll have to look once i get home, work computers wont let me look at it and i dont feel like looking at my cell phone the whole day...

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
well, im a big astros fan and i didnt really rank my team to get astros but if im gonna have to have 3 of them i'll take oswalt, berkman, and lee....

my relief pitching is prolly gonna be a bit weak unless if my relievers revert to their form 3 or 4 years ago...i can fix that though there is always some young new hot shot closer that comes along same with starters....not so sure about my everyday lineup i'll have to look once i get home, work computers wont let me look at it and i dont feel like looking at my cell phone the whole day...

Here's your lineup:

C Chris Iannetta (Col - C)

1B Lance Berkman (Hou - 1B)

2B Howie Kendrick (LAA - 2B)

3B Jorge Cantú (Fla - 1B,3B)

SS Jhonny Peralta(Cle - SS)

OF Grady Sizemore (Cle - OF)

OF Carlos Lee (Hou - OF)

OF Ryan Ludwick(StL - OF)

Util Carlos Delgado(NYM - 1B)

BN Carlos Guillén (Det - 1B,3B)
BN Nick Swisher(NYY - 1B,OF)

BN A.J. Pierzynski(CWS - C)

BN J.D. Drew(Bos - OF)

BN Melvin Mora(Bal - 3B)

SP Cole Hamels(Phi - SP)

SP Jake Peavy(SD - SP)

RP Mariano Rivera(NYY - RP)

RP Troy Percival (TB - RP)

P Roy Oswalt
(Hou - SP)

P Clayton Kershaw(LAD - SP)

P Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)

sahen
03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
thanks...i saw it on my phone but i 'll have to look indepth at it when i get home to see what i really have...it looks pretty decent on the surface but i know i'll have to do some tweaking....i hate the yankees but hopefully rivera and percival can both end up w/ 30 saves on the season...i dunno what to think about kershaw and cueto but peavy, oswalt, and hamels are solid as long as they are healthy...my WHIP with those guys should be fantastic every week...ERA and strikeouts should be very good as well..

as far as the lineup goes looks like i should get a good amount of RBIs and Homers with a decent average...gonna have to figure out the stolen bases situation, that could be a problem...

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
I've updated my trading block for anybody who's interested. Basically, I'm looking for a SP and some stolen bases.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2009, 11:14 AM

I was hoping to get either Hamilton, Kinsler, or Chris Davis, but some Rangers homers took them pretty stinking early. :) did i get all 3, also had young on my early draft order. unable to check right now, have like 5 mins before i get back to work if you can post my lineup.

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
C
Dioner Navarro
(TB - C)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 39% 126/427 43 7 54 0 .295
1B
Chris Davis
(Tex - 1B,3B)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 84% 84/295 51 17 55 1 .285
2B
Kelly Johnson
(Atl - 2B)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 51% 157/547 86 12 69 11 .287
3B
Hank Blalock
(Tex - 1B,3B)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 16% 74/258 37 12 38 1 .287
SS
Michael Young
(Tex - SS)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 87% 183/645 102 12 82 10 .284
OF
Josh Hamilton
(Tex - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 98% 190/624 98 32 130 9 .304
OF
David Murphy
(Tex - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 4% 114/415 64 15 74 7 .275
OF
Nelson Cruz
(Tex - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 47% 38/115 19 7 26 3 .330
Util
Marlon Byrd
(Tex - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 1% 120/403 70 10 53 7 .298
BN
James Loney
(LAD - 1B)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 30% 172/595 66 13 90 7 .289
BN
Delmon Young
(Min - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 15% 167/575 80 10 69 14 .290
BN
Cameron Maybin
(Fla - OF)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 18% 16/32 9 0 2 4 .500

SP
Roy Halladay
(Tor - SP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 97% 246.0 20 0 206 2.78 1.05
SP
Ryan Dempster
(ChC - SP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 83% 206.2 17 0 187 2.96 1.21
RP
Jonathan Papelbon
(Bos - RP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 98% 69.1 5 41 77 2.34 0.95
RP
Francisco Rodríguez
(NYM - RP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 98% 68.1 2 62 77 2.24 1.29
P
Carlos Mármol
(ChC - RP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 93% 87.1 2 7 114 2.68 0.93
P
Kevin Slowey
(Min - SP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 53% 160.1 12 0 123 3.99 1.15
P
Mike González
(Atl - RP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 75% 33.2 0 14 44 4.28 1.19
BN
Oliver Pérez
(NYM - SP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 18% 194.0 10 0 180 4.22 1.40
BN
Chris Carpenter
(StL - SP)
Propose trade Add to Watch List 38% 15.1 0 0 7 1.76 1.30

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:) did i get all 3, also had young on my early draft order. unable to check right now, have like 5 mins before i get back to work if you can post my lineup.

umm basically, you got the entire Rangers offense outside Kinsler...Davis, Young, Blalock, Hamilton, Murphy, Cruz, Byrd

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
umm basically, you got the entire Rangers offense outside Kinsler...Davis, Young, Blalock, Hamilton, Murphy, Cruz, Byrd

I haven't looked. But this is daily lineup changes. Not weekly right?

Texasfootball2
03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
You can set your lineup for every day of the week in advance.

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Correct.

Texasfootball2
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM

But why didn't he move all the Rangers pitchers up on the pre draft list so he could get them also:doh: :thinking: :D

DDBooger
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
well I got ManRam and Ryan Howard. I hope they stay healthy

crzyjournalist03
03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
well I got ManRam and Ryan Howard. I hope they stay healthy

I'd be more than happy to assume one of those risks if you see something on my roster that you like.

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I have three 3B men. Two of which suck...Giambi and Glaus. I
need more relief pitchers also.

I meant Gordon not Giambi.:doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
But why didn't he move all the Rangers pitchers up on the pre draft list so he could get them also:doh: :thinking: :D i took them out of the draft ordered :D

a little upset i didnt get Kinsler as i had him no.3 on the list.

sahen
03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
i thought i had a lot from one team with 3 astros....so many rangers...is that a good idea? if the team gets into a funk ur in trouble!

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2009, 05:40 PM
i thought i had a lot from one team with 3 astros....so many rangers...is that a good idea? if the team gets into a funk ur in trouble! These Rangers are going to have a big year offensively ;)