PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the show "Night Gallery?"

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Someone sent me a link to one last night that I watched "way back when" and it scared the living daylights out of me back then!

It's about a doll....and to this day, when I pick up my granddaughters playroom I make sure all her dolls are placed nicely and neatly in their beds, in fear that one may think I am favoring it over another one. :p

When I watched this video last night, I asked my sister (who is staying with me right now) if she remembered it, and she said "yes" and then quickly looked over to the desk where one of my granddaughter's dolls was sitting. She asked me to get it out of her room....lol!!

The video is about 20 minutes long, but it's still freaky to me!

Night Gallery: The Doll (http://vintagehorror.com/node/104)

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I used to watch it all the time when I was young. I like Twilight
Zone too.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I used to watch it all the time when I was young. I like Twilight
Zone too.

Circle of Fear was pretty good too!!

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Circle of Fear was pretty good too!!

That one I don't remember.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That one I don't remember.

I think it may have originally been called "Ghost Story."

X Man
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
You're telling on your age now Ranger Mom! Yeah, I watched it, as well as all the scary stuff. I especially like "Fear Theater" that came on Saturday, after the cartoons. I will never forget "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Night of the Living Dead", and numerous others, that I cannot remember the name of.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by X Man
You're telling on your age now Ranger Mom! Yeah, I watched it, as well as all the scary stuff. I especially like "Fear Theater" that came on Saturday, after the cartoons. I will never forget "Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Night of the Living Dead", and numerous others, that I cannot remember the name of.

:D :D I've never hidden my age, so that's fine.

I just bought the entire DVD set (20 DVD's) of Night Gallery!!

My kids love to watch scary movies.

KingRob
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I remember watching "Project "Terror" at midnight on Friday nights way back in the late 60's early 70's. I remember we used to beg our parents to stay up late! Man, where does time go?

BreckTxLonghorn
03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
What about "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" That was pretty awesome....

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I just read that Night Gallery was actually the "next chapter" in the Twilight Zone episodes......I never knew that!!:thinking:

espn1
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Someone sent me a link to one last night that I watched "way back when" and it scared the living daylights out of me back then!

It's about a doll....and to this day, when I pick up my granddaughters playroom I make sure all her dolls are placed nicely and neatly in their beds, in fear that one may think I am favoring it over another one. :p

When I watched this video last night, I asked my sister (who is staying with me right now) if she remembered it, and she said "yes" and then quickly looked over to the desk where one of my granddaughter's dolls was sitting. She asked me to get it out of her room....lol!!

It still comes on the Retro Channel in Austin!

SintonFan
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

Didn't they have one with a hand on a plane??? That was spooky, too!:eek:

LionKing
03-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Rod Serling was very good at scary shows, the original and later Twilight Zones, and of course Night Gallery, many future famous actors/actresses got their starts in Serling's shows. I try to watch any of them when ever they're on tv.

BullsFan
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I used to have to sneak and watch Night Gallery, since my mom wouldn't let me--probably because it gave me nightmares. And I totally remember that one about the doll!!

There was another one about a couple, and the guy gave the girl some kind of furry looking pin. She's wearing it as she breaks up with him, and he reaches over and pulls a little sword or stick out of it. And then she's walking home and the pin comes alive and eats her--that one scared the you-know-what out of me....and I still haven't forgotten it to this day. I'm not sure I ever will...

waterboy
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
For some reason I can't remember that show. I'm old enough to, but..... I do remember watching shows called "Tales From the Crypt" and, of course, "The Twilight Zone". I used to really enjoy them, too.:smoker:

Antec
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges was a pretty cool show to watch too in black and white

There were a couple of other mystery shows

one a western Called Wild, Wild West

cant remember the other

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
For some reason I can't remember that show. I'm old enough to, but..... I do remember watching shows called "Tales From the Crypt" and, of course, "The Twilight Zone". I used to really enjoy them, too.:smoker:

Night Gallery is Rod Serling's follow-up series to The Twilight Zone that aired on NBC from 1970 to 1973. Serling functioned both as the on-air host of Night Gallery and as a major contributor of scripts, although he did not have the same control of content and tone as he did on Twilight Zone.

Wikipedia: Night Gallery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Gallery)

waterboy
03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Night Gallery is Rod Serling's follow-up series to The Twilight Zone that aired on NBC from 1970 to 1973. Serling functioned both as the on-air host of Night Gallery and as a major contributor of scripts, although he did not have the same control of content and tone as he did on Twilight Zone.

Wikipedia: Night Gallery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Gallery)
1970 to 1973?!:eek: The only way I'd a got to see it was in syndication. We didn't even have a TV until '74:doh: .......due to my Mom's religious beliefs. I remember very well that little black and white 9" TV she bought for us that year.:D One of the happiest days I remember for a us kids.:)

Ranger Mom
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
1970 to 1973?!:eek: The only way I'd a got to see it was in syndication. We didn't even have a TV until '74:doh: .......due to my Mom's religious beliefs. I remember very well that little black and white 9" TV she bought for us that year.:D One of the happiest days I remember for a us kids.:)

I had to be between the ages of 6 and 10 when that was on.....I can't believe my parents let us watch it. But I distinctly remember sitting around the TV as a family with popcorn and watching it each week.

My dad did always relish in scaring the living crap out of us kids though....

No wonder I am warped now!!:doh:

waterboy
03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
I had to be between the ages of 6 and 9 when that was on.....I can't believe my parents let us watch it. But I distinctly remember sitting around the TV as a family with popcorn and watching it each week.

My dad did always relish in scaring the living crap out of us kids though....

No wonder I am warped now!!:doh:
I won't argue that last statement! You ARE warped!:D I guess that's why we like ya so much around here!:inlove:

BullsFan
03-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I was between the ages of 2 and 5 when it was on, so it MUST have come on in syndication at some point.

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2009, 10:58 AM
..... I do remember watching shows called "Tales From the Crypt" and, of course, "The Twilight Zone". I used to really enjoy them, too.:smoker:

This thread made me think of Tales from the Crypt too....

I used to watch that one regularly. There was also the one with Elvira, but I can't remember the name of it.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Elvira...Mistress of the Dark (http://www.elvira.com/home_2.html)

I had to look it up or it was going to drive me :crazy1: