PDA

View Full Version : USA over Puerto Rico!...on to Semis!

sahen
03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
great win by USA tonight!...come from behind to score 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to get into the semifinals....if you missed it you missed a great baseball game...

Phil C
03-18-2009, 08:53 AM
:clap:

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
That game reminded me so much of Game 7 of the 2001 World Series...if you haven't checked out a World Baseball Classic game, you're missing out on some postseason-quality games.

Keith7
03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That game reminded me so much of Game 7 of the 2001 World Series...if you haven't checked out a World Baseball Classic game, you're missing out on some postseason-quality games.

I agree and I have enjoyed the WBC so far but its hard to believe the games mean something when you see the stands and only 8,000 people are there

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I agree and I have enjoyed the WBC so far but its hard to believe the games mean something when you see the stands and only 8,000 people are there

I know...if the games were in Arlington, I'd definitely be there...are they just charging insane amounts for tickets?

Keith7
03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905/10m/origin.media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/flo/price_graph_25698.gif

Ticket prices do seem a little jacked up but not too bad. I just think there isn't much interest in the areas they play the game..

and yea if they played any games in Arlington I would be there in a heart beat. They are probably stuck playing the games in Florida / Southern California though because of weather issues anywhere else this time of year.

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM
shoot, they could put it in Houston where they have a retractable roof. Florida is notorious for having bad crowds though. At least the WBC is averaging probably 3 times the Marlins' average attendance last year.

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2009, 11:59 AM

I've been watching since the first round as long as the game
was on at a reasonable time.

Now the U.S. team gets to play half of the Detroit Tigers' starting
roster.:D

sahen
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
the opening round games in puerto rico, mexico city, and tokyo were packed...the smaller countries care more about baseball and those stadiums are smaller...in toronto there were over 40K to see the US vs. Canada then no one showed up for the rest of the games....san diego has been getting some good crowds esp. for any game involving korea or japan...cuba and mexico had a good amount there but it was similar to USA vs. Puerto Rico last night....the puerto rico vs. venezuela game in miami drew more than the marlins do except playoff games however the other games have not been that good (last night probably had the 2nd most amount of people for a game in the miami pool)...i guess people in miami dont care about the USA as much as their homeland...i expect the USA to draw really well in L.A. though since americans care only if we are going to win and we got a shot this year, Venezuela has brought a good amount of fans to canada and miami so they should be in LA full force....no matter what 2 goes out of Japan/Korea/Cuba they will travel well but from a money standpoint i think Korea and Japan bring more people than Cuba....

overall i think if the USA would get into the classic then it would draw extremely well, right now the problem is that the other countries minus maybe Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, and South Africa care more...the final 2 roudns look like they will be held in the USA for the forseeable future thus the lack of attendance will continue until USA cares...and i agree, having some games in Houston or Arlington would bring a ton more fans than Miami for the USA, BUT they wont do that cause Selig wants the games outside so they are true baseball games (remember the 2005 world series astros fans and the roof issue?)...Selig is a tool, maybe the next guy will change that....

on a side note it'll prolly rainout the game in Miami tonight thus screwing up the timing and messing up both USA and Venezuela's pitching staffs since the game has to be played for seeding purposes....

PHS Wildcats
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I've tried to get into it, but for some reason I can't:confused:

piratebg
03-18-2009, 11:13 PM
USA loses 10-6 to Venezuela and will be the No. 2 seed out of Pool 2.

goosealaniz
03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
USA USA USA... why isnt anybody else joining in the chant...

kepdawg
03-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
USA USA USA... why isnt anybody else joining in the chant...

Maybe because very few people care about the WBC!

crzyjournalist03
03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
USA loses 10-6 to Venezuela and will be the No. 2 seed out of Pool 2.

They're going to need a roster overhaul for the semis...it seems that half their roster is injured!

sahen
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
They're going to need a roster overhaul for the semis...it seems that half their roster is injured!

one bench player last night and he was the backup catcher...hopefully the players that come up to take the open spots for the semis are as hot as roberts was when he came up to take pedroia's place...