PDA

View Full Version : Woot deal...need opinions!

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok, disclaimer first...I'm a huge Star Wars nut who also happens to have a large bobblehead collection at my office at work...someone just sent me the link for woot.com's deal today, which just happens to be a 6-pack of Star Wars bobbleheads for the price that you'd normally buy 2 of them...they're in two different series, and I can't decide for the life of me which one I should get. The only Star Wars bobblehead I have right now is Yoda, so I won't buy a duplicate either way. I can't really justify spending the amount that it would cost for two of them, but I do want to get one...here's the series choices:

http://sale.images.woot.com/Funko_Star_Wars_Bobble_Heads___6_PackmizStandard.j pg

I really like C3PO and the Tusken Raider from the first one, but I'm not a big Greedo fan and the Stormtrooper is kind of bland I think too.

I really like Leia and Chewbacca from the second set, but Jango Fett? Not so sure.

So tell me, of the two sets, which one would you want if you were buying one?

STAggie
03-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Both.

pirate4state
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Dude, they totally did that so you'd HAVE to buy the 2 series! Shame on them! :D I am outraged for you!

I'd go with series #1 just for Darth Vader & Boba Fett :2thumbsup

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dude, they totally did that so you'd HAVE to buy the 2 series! Shame on them! :D I am outraged for you!

I'd go with series #1 just for Darth Vader & Boba Fett :2thumbsup

Grr...I know...why not let us mix and match and choose our 6? I guess probably because not too many people would take a Greedo if they could get Vader, 3PO, Obi Wan, Leia, Chewy, and Bobba Fett in one

Ranger Mom
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I think you just have to have both!!

I had to buy two Spongebob sets to get all the ones I wanted for my granddaughters birthday cake!!:p

pirate4state
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Grr...I know...why not let us mix and match and choose our 6? I guess probably because not too many people would take a Greedo if they could get Vader, 3PO, Obi Wan, Leia, Chewy, and Bobba Fett in one Nobody has voted. How much are they? Maybe we can take up a collection so you can have both if you promise to share! haha :D

Ranger Mom
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Nobody has voted. How much are they? Maybe we can take up a collection so you can have both if you promise to share! haha :D

I couldn't vote because he didn't have "both" as an option and that was my choice!

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Nobody has voted. How much are they? Maybe we can take up a collection so you can have both if you promise to share! haha :D

Lol...if anybody wants to donate $30 to my paypal account to pay for the second set, I'll accept! :D ;)

They're $29.99 a set plus $5 shipping. You don't have to pay the shipping twice, but I still can't justify $65 on bobbleheads...I'm worried enough what my wife is going to think when I told her I spent $35 on them...

Farmersfan
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Neither. Buy Bank of America stock instead. It will increase in value a hell of lot faster than dolls............

STANG RED
03-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Neither. Buy Bank of America stock instead. It will increase in value a hell of lot faster than dolls............

Hell, buy AIG stock at $0.64 per share. It was trading at 100 times that just a few months back, and obviously the government is going to keep propping it up till it gets profitable again. Bonuses and all.
That $35 might be $3500 in just a year or two.

pirate4state
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Lol...if anybody wants to donate $30 to my paypal account to pay for the second set, I'll accept! :D ;)

They're $29.99 a set plus $5 shipping. You don't have to pay the shipping twice, but I still can't justify $65 on bobbleheads...I'm worried enough what my wife is going to think when I told her I spent $35 on them... Just tell her it is something you can share later with Hannah! :)

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Just tell her it is something you can share later with Hannah! :)

haha...poor Hannah!

crzyjournalist03
03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, thanks for the help guys...I ended up getting swamped at work yesterday afternoon and had to wait until I got home, at which point my wife told me she preferred Series 2, so I went with that one!