PDA

View Full Version : Former 2A Star RB Hobbs sentenced to 10 year prison term

TexasHSFootball
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Lonta Hobbs sentenced to 10 year prison term (http://www.dailytribune.net/articles/2009/03/16/sports/01.txt)

Phil C
03-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Another victim of society. Also very shameful for such a long sentence for a first time offender.

Phil C
03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Another victim of society. Also very shameful for such a long sentence for a first time offender.

What I mean is that many such offenders for this type of crime get lot less time and some even get probation.

Ranger Mom
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
What I mean is that many such offenders for this type of crime get lot less time and some even get probation.

Heck Phil...some murderers aren't incarcerated for that long!!!

Pick6
03-17-2009, 11:35 AM

How is he a victim of society? He made the choice to carry the substance. Even pled guilty to it. Society didn't make him carry cocaine. He's a grown man who made the decision himself. People need to quit blaming society for their situation. The courts should punish people that make stupid decisions. He was a High School coach, wonder if he sold anything to his students. But you're right on one thing, he is a victim, a victim of being stupid. With him in jail, that's one less thug on the streets.

solocam
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
How is he a victim of society? He made the choice to carry the substance. Even pled guilty to it. Society didn't make him carry cocaine. He's a grown man who made the decision himself. People need to quit blaming society for their situation. The courts should punish people that make stupid decisions. He was a High School coach, wonder if he sold anything to his students. But you're right on one thing, he is a victim, a victim of being stupid. With him in jail, that's one less thug on the streets.
X2

mistanice
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
10 years probation would have been enough

pirate4state
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
wow, i know he broke the law, but this was his first offense and this was the best his lawyer could get him?!? wow

Phil C
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Pick6
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Choices and Consequences. Every choice you make has a consequence. He made a stupid choice, now he has to live with the consequences. Society didn't make that choice for him.

I have compassion for the 16 year old kids that he taught. Kids that probably looked up to him as a role model. Hopefully they realize how stupid he really is and don't repeat his stupid mistakes.

Quit blaming society and giving people an easy out. Blame the person who commited the crime.

pirate4state
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Funny.

WylieBulldog92
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Funny.
Hilarious.

rancher
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
As a barrister and counselor, having worked both sides of the fence so to say, I can assure you that the gentleman made more that one business transaction. Such business arrangements involved various sums of money in return for various amounts of the producted he offered for sale. With such a "high profile person" the evidence obtained by law enforcement officials would be overwhelming for a defense counselor to overcome in a court of law. Each sale is a charge and thus rather than stack the deck with charges, he took the deal rather than roll the dice on each sale he made. My advice to this gentlemen would have been, start snitching and I bet we could get a better deal.

IHStangFan
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
How is he a victim of society? He made the choice to carry the substance. Even pled guilty to it. Society didn't make him carry cocaine. He's a grown man who made the decision himself. People need to quit blaming society for their situation. The courts should punish people that make stupid decisions. He was a High School coach, wonder if he sold anything to his students. But you're right on one thing, he is a victim, a victim of being stupid. With him in jail, that's one less thug on the streets. preach it....and you certainly won't hear me whining about his sentence. Start making more examples out of these criminals. :mad:

SINTON81
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
And one less thug in our schools.

Phil C
03-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
preach it....and you certainly won't hear me whining about his sentence. Start making more examples out of these criminals. :mad:

You mean victims of society. :)

T-Time
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
If his first offense had been selling to your child would you feel the same about how tough the verdict was.

mistanice
03-18-2009, 11:20 AM
he'll be out soon

Keith7
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM

It looks like he got the minimum sentence..

3afan
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
FYI: "victim of society" = Phil shtick

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

LOL!! Yet so many fall for it "hook line and sinker!"

:p

mistanice
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
maybe they'll shock him out of prison and put him on shock probation after 6 months.

pirate4state
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! Yet so many fall for it "hook line and sinker!"

:p

I really can't believe some people still fall for it. :doh: Then again, I think they know and still want to duke it out, imagine that! ;)

Pick6
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

Some shtick is funny, that shtick is stupid and way over played.

Ranger Mom
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Some shtick is funny, that shtick is stupid and way over played.

And some people are just anal! :D

Who-dun-it!!?
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Two Words.....

JOB SECURITY!

RedWhiteBlue
03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Two Words.....

JOB SECURITY!
Amen!!! There IS a reason why he plead guilty I can assure you....:thinking: