PDA

View Full Version : Sfa

coach
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
nobody has mentioned that SFA is playing Syracuse in the first round. Its their first ever appearance and hopefully we can be the cindarella this year

rockdale80
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Axe em Jax!!!

mistanice
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
might have a chance in the first game

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
It would be one of the biggest upsets of all time

waterboy
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Good luck to the Lumberjacks! I'm glad they finally get a chance in the "big dance". Syracuse is a tough draw in the first round, but not impossible to beat. As much as I'd like to see SFA win, it'll take a near perfect game to get it done. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see the 'Jacks hang with the Orangemen for a while, hopefully long enough to have a chance to win it in the end. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before.....:p

Bull Butter
03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Good Luck Jacks!!!!

rangerjim
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
SFA has the #2 or 3 defense in the country. I put more stock in that for an upset. Look at the University of Wisc-Milwaukee a few years ago (maybe longer than that - I'm old). It's easy to take the #13-16 seeds for granted in the first round. All that ends after a first round upset. Go jacks.

WylieBulldog92
03-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
SFA has the #2 or 3 defense in the country. I put more stock in that for an upset. Look at the University of Wisc-Milwaukee a few years ago (maybe longer than that - I'm old). It's easy to take the #13-16 seeds for granted in the first round. All that ends after a first round upset. Go jacks.
I'm not saying they will win but expect Radford University to put up a fight against UNC, I watched part of their conference championship game and they looked outstanding for a 16 seed.

coach
03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I'm not saying they will win but expect Radford University to put up a fight against UNC, I watched part of their conference championship game and they looked outstanding for a 16 seed.

not to mention that ty lawson is hurt for unc

sahen
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
syracuse plays a zone...all SFA has to do is shoot like 80% from the field...good luck!

beartwin
03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
SFA is very patient on offense and plays solid defense. If they can hit some shots and Syracuse is a little off then it could be close going into the final 10 minutes. Syracuse has been an upset prone team in the past.

Bull Butter
03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
1. Jim Boeheim coaches Syracuse
2. This is the NCAA tournament

1+2= SFA has a good chance

PHS Wildcats
03-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
It would be one of the biggest upsets of all time

I wouldn't go that far:D

Johnny Utah
03-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Bull, I disagree. Fantastic that a Southland conference school is in the dance, and even better it is a Texas School. I would be very surprised if SFA won, about as big a chance of them winning as it snowing in the Valley in June in my opinion. SFA is good, do not get me wrong, but they are playing a very seasoned Big East school. SFA was ripped to shreds by Tech and Arkansas, so a good appearance and a good showing is going to be cool. SFA beating Syracuse with a Hall of Fame Coach, no way.

sahen
03-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Fantastic that a Southland conference school is in the dance, and even better it is a Texas School.

?? Southland gets their conference tourney winner in every year....last year Texas State was their representative I believe...

coach
03-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by sahen
?? Southland gets their conference tourney winner in every year....last year Texas State was their representative I believe...

it was uta last yr

coach
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Bull, I disagree. Fantastic that a Southland conference school is in the dance, and even better it is a Texas School. I would be very surprised if SFA won, about as big a chance of them winning as it snowing in the Valley in June in my opinion. SFA is good, do not get me wrong, but they are playing a very seasoned Big East school. SFA was ripped to shreds by Tech and Arkansas, so a good appearance and a good showing is going to be cool. SFA beating Syracuse with a Hall of Fame Coach, no way.

they lost by 14 and 15 i wouldn't call that ripping to shreds...and i know it was last year but they did beat ou in ou with the same exact team