PDA

View Full Version : Houston Yates

watz4dinner
03-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I know this is a 3A site.....but this team was UNREAL. They would beat any of the 5a teams at the tournament. They had a 6'2 guard that hit his head on the backboard blocking a shot....UNREAL!!!!!
By the way, all starters were JR's. Only played 1 senior.

You will have to check them out next year

CelinaCatFan
03-14-2009, 09:06 PM
They were very good! They seemed to be 12 deep and it didn't matter which players were in the game.

They averaged over 90 points/game this year and press the entire game. I guess that's why their team moto is "32 minutes of he.."

injuredinmelee
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
wish i would have seen their domination at the state tourney. Who was their one loss to this year?

WylieBulldog92
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wish i would have seen their domination at the state tourney. Who was their one loss to this year?
the US national junior team.

eagles_victory
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wish i would have seen their domination at the state tourney. Who was their one loss to this year? Alief Elsik

venomous tat2
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Number 0 Joseph Young is the son of former U of H ( Phi Slamma Jamma ) star Michael Young and he was lighting it up nba range and then some. I was very impressed with Kimball as they hung with them shooting 3"s booth teams made 11 3"s . No disrespect to Madinson , but how in the world did they beat them ? :thinking:

eagles_victory
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Number 0 Joseph Young is the son of former U of H ( Phi Slamma Jamma ) star Michael Young and he was lighting it up nba range and then some. I was very impressed with Kimball as they hung with them shooting 3"s booth teams made 11 3"s . No disrespect to Madinson , but how in the world did they beat them ? :thinking: Probably the same way Argyle did. It isnt that hard to hit 11 3's when your wide open the entire game. Madison and Argyle probably actually played some defense instead of letting them have whatever shot they wanted and just outscoring them.