PDA

View Full Version : Battle of BIG SANDY Countdown... D -5

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2002, 01:46 PM
5 DAYS UNTIL The Bridgeport Bulls travel to Decatur and play the Egrets. Stay tuned to Slpybear's posts this week for tons of fact-filled, wholesome, fun-for-the-whole-family stuff all about the Battle of Big Sandy 2002.

You know, I am really excited and pumped up about the game this year. Both teams have had big seasons thus far. This game should decide who will be champs in 7-3A. Decatur has a younger team that is playing on fire, Bridgeport brings playoff seasoned competitors who are thirsting for another chance. Ahh... let the prognostication begin!!!!

Seriously, there is one thing about this game that just absolutely terrifies me. I think a massacre of the Egrets would be awesome, but after reading this article I am worried...

http://www.audubon.org/news/release98/carrolton.html

Guess I need to read up on this...

http://www.usbr.gov/laws/mbta.html

wink :D wink :D wink :D

Be sure to look for tomorrow's countdown...

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2002, 04:33 PM
122 hours and counting...

...anticipation...

...culmination.

slpybear

BullsFan
10-13-2002, 04:40 PM
The big questions, slpybear, is who's going to win the Battle of the Pom Poms this year? Last year, IIRC, Bridgeport started it--and then Bridgeport ended it. Of course, you have to give the Decatur girl high marks for courage. That Bridgeport girl was a good 6 inches taller than she was.

<small>[ October 13, 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: BullsFan ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2002, 06:10 PM
Oh my gosh, BullsFan! I almost forgot about that little battle in the 2001 Campaign!

Hmmm... I'd be willing to bet that there won't be any "Pom Pom" battles this year. I am sure that all the sponsers will be all over that scene.

What about the battle of T-SHirts? I just got mine from GAMMA last night. She said that the EGRETS are printing up their own this year.

BTW, check your email concerning game preparations.

slpybear

BullsFan
10-13-2002, 07:28 PM
I got mine from Gamma on last Friday, and it's hanging in my closet just waiting on next Friday. And the Egrets always print their own. It's really only the last few years that this side of the Big Sandy's gotten into that game. Of course, I think ours are tons better, but then I've always like maroon better than blue.

Got your email re: game preparations and I've already replied.

<small>[ October 13, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: BullsFan ]</small>

The One
10-13-2002, 10:24 PM
116 Hours and Counting till....

The Battle....

The Surprise....

And the new Open........

and only 119 hours until we take our jar of sand back home!!

EaglesRule
10-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Only 116 hours until the Hefers taste DEFEAT!! Hefer fans will be having nightmares about Paul Warren for the rest of the season!

EaglesRule
10-13-2002, 10:45 PM
I forgot! Maybe you Hefer fans can help me! Which team leads this rivalry?

BullsFan
10-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Eagles, hon, if you're going to try and insult us, at least learn to spell. It's HEIFERS.

And history means nothing, my friend. Of course, if you're talking recent history I think you know darn well who leads the series. Which do you think counts more, the history of the last 30 years or the history of the last 10?

But when it all comes down to it, it's what happens this Friday night that counts. And personally, I couldn't feel better about our chances.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2002, 11:25 PM
BullsFan, Do you know if they still do the City Limits sign thing?

slpybear

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2002, 11:52 PM
EaglesRule:
Only 116 hours until the Hefers taste DEFEAT!! Hefer fans will be having nightmares about Paul Warren for the rest of the season!Uhh....

http://www.paulwarren.com/

...I really like to hear progressive rock guitar. I don't think that would give me nightmares. Really... it wouldn't.

wink

WDA

BullsFan
10-14-2002, 12:30 AM
As far as I know, they do, slpy. To be honest, I haven't really kept up with it. Next time I visit the home of the Egrets, I'll check it out.

The One
10-14-2002, 09:17 AM
Were only 105 hours away!!!

Time for me to go get my hunting license.....

I've got to remember to get my Egret stamp!

WDA

BullsFan
10-14-2002, 05:55 PM
Haven't you heard, One? Friday night's gonna be a free shoot. No limits imposed, no license required.

The One
10-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Only 93 more hours...

What a suprise, Bullsfan has informed me there is no bag limit on Friday, Happy Hunting!!!

WDA

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2002, 09:48 PM
OPEN SEASON!

B O O M B!!!

W D A !

SLPYBEAR

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The One
10-14-2002, 11:46 PM
I am excited to see what countdown D-3 will bring!!

The One
10-15-2002, 09:08 PM
Bear where is countdown D-3?