PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

Global Swarming
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I would like for all of you to pray for my son. I just found out today that he's been taking my car at night while I was asleep and driving all over town. He's also been involved with marijuana. He's 14 years old and he's heading down the wrong path. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a single parent and I pray for my kids everytime they leave the house that God will protect them. I am very greatful that he did't hurt anyone or himself while driving around. I don't know if anyone one of y'all have been in this kind of a situation. I pray that y'all haven't. I brought my kids up the right way and will never use being a single parent as an excuse for anything that my kids do. They are responsible for their own actions. I won't let his actions make me feel as a failure as a parent. I just hope and pray that he can turn it around before he ends up in jail or dead. So, if y'all will pray for him I know that God can turn him around. His name is Zachary and I know that he's a better kid than this . Thank you for your prayers.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2009, 06:36 PM
You are both in my prayers. It's a blessing that you found out now, rather than after something happened.

Global Swarming
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Thank you Panther Mom. You never expect it to happen to your kids but when it does there's not a worse feeling in the world. I feel more betrayed than anything else. You sacrifice for your kids and this is how they repay you. I just put it in God's hands. There's nothing that he can't fix.

OldBison75
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be coming for you and your son. I have three children and have never faced this trial, but I still worry for their safety and good judgement each time they are away from me. With Gods guidance and the obvious care and love you have for him, Zachary will find his way through this. Remember, a child sometimes makes bad judgements, but that does not them a bad child or you a bad parent. All we can do is teach our children right from wrong, love them unconditionally, and pray to God they learn to follow Him and learn from us.

Our prayers will continue to go out to you and your son.

Global Swarming
03-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Thank you Old Bison. Those words really mean alot to me. I know that I try to be a good parent. My kids know right from wrong. They know that God loves them unconditionally just like I do. But I told them long ago that I will not feel like a failure as a parent because of the mistakes that they make.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
My prayers are with you....I have a son who got involved in some stupid things his teen years. Got to spend some time in jail and rehab and a lengthy probation.

He will be 21 on the 28th of March, has a wife and a daughter almost 2. While I still think he does stupid stuff at times, he has done a 180 as far as that old lifestyle goes.

Don't let ANYONE blame you. I raised 5 kids just the same and he is the only one who got into any trouble. I got tired of hearing (on here mostly) how "bad kids" are a product of their home environment.

injuredinmelee
03-14-2009, 09:44 AM
my prayers and thoughts are with you. My two live with me and are both still young, 10 and 8. I dread the teen years but hope that God will see us all through it. Stay strong and consistent. Let him know how much you love him unconditionally and let him know there are prices to pay for the things we do but that you can always seek forgiveness from God and family. He knows you will always be there for him.

Global Swarming
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Thnk y'all for your support. I've never met any of you on here. But I know that most of the people on here are decent caring people. You don't know how good it is to have someone to discuss things with. Alot of kids are the product of their environment. But that's not the case in alot of situations. Being a single parent, the kid always misses something that the other parent would give them. I'm not a real emotional guy, but this has stretched me to the limits. Parents know who your kids are hanging around with. Find out about their parents and ask other parents about the kids. I have to admit I've been somewhat naive about the kids Zachary hangs around with. I just counted on him to do the right thing because he was brought up with morals and values.

Antec
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Prayers from us here in Wharton go out to you and your son in this troubled time

I'm sure things will start going in the positive direction