PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Madison

catgut
03-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Hope the Madison boys and JR bring a championship back from Austin with them. They've been number one for too long to lose it now!

Electus Unus
03-13-2009, 06:33 AM
JR told me that he guarantees a Madison victory!

wildstangs
03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Go Estacado! If Madison wins, will they follow the DISD tradition of forfeiting the title in a few years?

Bullaholic
03-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Go Estacado! If Madison wins, will they follow the DISD tradition of forfeiting the title in a few years?

:eek: :(

OldBison75
03-13-2009, 10:22 AM
First let me say that I have not seen either team play in person.
(Guess that pretty much throws out my opinion)

I listened to both semi-final games yesterday and was impressed by what both teams did. Estacado has some hosses on the floor and seems to have a strong inside game to go with some pretty good guard play. Madison sounded like they were very strong also and could move the ball up and down the floor in a hurry.

Comparing the commentary heard on the broadcast is tricky at best, but here is what I heard:

If Estacado can control the game temo, they have a good chance of winning. The broadcasters made it sound like Madison is best with a fast paced-up and down the floor game. But, I heard the Estacado game and noticed that they were very good and playing the half-court game and working the ball inside and out for good shots. They also seemed to be pretty quick to take advantage of turnovers and opportunities to score quickly. I have seen Hardin Jefferson play and they wer very fundamentally sound and made few mistakes when I saw them. Estacado forced something like 30 turnovers by HJ by using speed and strong half court pressure. They also outrebounded a pretty good rebounding team from HJ. I heard at least three instances where Estacado stole a rebound on a missed free throw and put it back up for two. No excuse for HJ except that Estacado just outhustled them.

Madison has the guard play to make Estacado pay in the half court press and open opportunities for the quick shots. They also have excellent three point and rebounding. If Madison can keep the pace upbeat and at least hold their own on the offensive boards, they will be tough to beat. I think they will have to be very successful from three point range and force Estacado to play them face up on the perimeter. If the three pointers are not falling, I don't think they can win the game in the paint.

I bet this will be a great game that will be decided by prowess at the free throw line.

kaorder1999
03-13-2009, 10:29 AM

follow the DISD tradition or the SOC tradition?

wildstangs
03-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
follow the DISD tradition or the SOC tradition?

Carter and SOC. Has anyone else won a state basketball/football title recently for DISD?

Should have excluded your school from the jab KA. :)

kaorder1999
03-13-2009, 10:46 AM
oh...wasnt even thinking about Carter because I wouldnt consider it a tradition for it happening once. I just think about SOC when it comes to this crap! Lincoln has won a couple titles in hoops.....I believe. I may be wrong. Madison won a coupl ein late 90's also

kaorder1999
03-13-2009, 10:54 AM
BASKETBALL

BOYS
Roosevelt 2006
Lincoln 2002
Kimball 1997
Madison 1997
Lincoln 1993
SOC 1992
Kimball 1990
Lincoln 1990

GIRLS
Lincoln 2004
Lincoln 1999

wildstangs
03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Lincoln has a very good reputation as well. Byron Eaton had a huge game for Okie Lite last night. I remember them losing a heartbreaker for the state championship in football.

kaorder1999
03-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Lincoln has a very good reputation as well. Byron Eaton had a huge game for Okie Lite last night. I remember them losing a heartbreaker for the state championship in football.
yeah...that was a wild finish. Hate to lose a game like that. He is going to play football this next season at Ok State!