PDA

View Full Version : VISD Tournament Schedule..Cuero Games

Old Green
03-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Thusrsday Games

1:30pm - Calhoun vs Cuero

4:30pm - Victoria St. Joseph vs Laredo LBJ

4:30pm - Calhoun vs Ft. Bend Bush (Lowe Field)

7:30pm - Victoria Memorial vs C.C. Flour Bluff

Friday Games

10:30am - Memorial vs Ft. Bend Bush

1:30pm Cuero vs Laredo LBJ

1:30pm - Bush vs Flour Bluff (Lowe Field)

4:30 - St. Joseph vs Cuero

7:30 - Memorial Vs Calhoun

Saturday games

10:30am - Ft. Bend Bush vs Laredo LBJ

1:30pm - St. Joseph vs Flour Bluff

4:30pm - Memorial vs Cuero

4:30pm - Calhoun vs Flour Bluff (Lowe Field)

All games at Riverside unless noted.

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 08:12 AM
We planned on going this afternoon BUT the weather changed my plans........ I hope I get my usual text updates :)

SintonFan_inAustin
03-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
We planned on going this afternoon BUT the weather changed my plans........ I hope I get my usual text updates :) was going to Cuero game at 1:30 if Sinton was playing at 10 am but calallen website of tournament has them playing at 1. i'll check in and see if you posted updates of the game. Good luck. noticed no game against CC Flour Bluff?

Old Green
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I just went by the Stadium in Victoria about 25 minutes ago. They had not recieved as much rain as it is in Cuero.

Anyone know if the Tournament is Still on ?

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I just went by the Stadium in Victoria about 25 minutes ago. They had not recieved as much rain as it is in Cuero.

Anyone know if the Tournament is Still on ?
I haven't heard otherwise. I'll text Nancy @ 1:30 and see if they are playing.

Old Green
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I haven't heard otherwise. I'll text Nancy @ 1:30 and see if they are playing. I might go back over there if they are playing. The Riverside Stadium faces the North. Wear warm clothes. Maybe take a blanket. The wind was blowing pretty good.

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
update as of 2:00

0 to 0 top of the 3rd....

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
2:20
Tyler Arndt hit a triple with 3 on base to score 3. Jake Rangnow hit a single to bring Tyler in.

Bottom of the 3rd

Cuero 4
Calhoun 0

and PS it's cold out there :D

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Final
Cuero 11
Calhoun 1
Way to go Gobblers :clap:

Old Green
03-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Victoria St. Joseph defeated Laredo LBJ 10-0

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Cuero plays Laredo LBJ @ 1:30 and St Joe @ 4:30 tomorrow

GO MEAN GREEN :)

44INAROW
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
still no word if they are playing but it Victoria is getting the rain Cuero is getting - I don't think they will play -

since it's painfully SLOW on the downlow lately - here is an article from yesterday's game:
Cuero's Arndt on target against Calhoun
www.victoriaadvocate.com
BY MIKE FORMAN - MFORMAN@VICAD.COM
March 12, 2009 - 10:57 p.m.
Cuero pitcher Tyler Arndt could do nothing about the weather so he concentrated on the Calhoun hitters.

"It was a little misty," Arndt said after Thursday's game. "It was hard to get a good grip on the ball, get a good, firm grip on the ball. You've just got to worry about following through and finishing your pitch in order to get a good quality pitch."

Arndt blocked out the cold, damp conditions at Riverside Stadium and pitched a three-hitter to lead the Gobblers to a 10-1 win over Calhoun in the opening game of the 40th Annual VISD Baseball Tournament that was stopped after five innings because of the 10-run mercy rule.

"Tyler's thrown against probably two of our toughest opponents this year and he's kept both of them down," Cuero coach Scott Holder said. "He threw well today for the conditions. I thought he threw better today than he did last weekend. Tyler's effective because he throws three or four pitches well. He does a good job of keeping people down."

Arndt (2-0) did not allow an earned run while limiting Calhoun to three singles and a walk, while striking out seven.

"It's a big confidence thing for me," said Arndt, who threw 52 of his 80 pitches for strikes. "I didn't get much pitching in last year and just growing confidence and being comfortable out there and knowing my pitches and when to throw them."

Cuero (11-1) backed Arndt with eight hits and took advantage of five Calhoun (5-5-1) errors.

Arndt had a bases-loaded triple and scored on a single by Jake Rangnow in the Gobblers' four-run third inning.

Cuero sent 11 batters to the plate and scored seven runs in the fifth. Chance Harryman, Jennings Boothe, Arndt, Rangnow and Kolton Smith hit consecutive singles and Klayton Smith added the inning's sixth hit.

"We might not be hitting well at first, but we're going to be ready to go after a few innings," Arndt said. "We're still building trying to find some people to step up for us. I think some people are stepping up for us and we'll be ready by the time district starts."

The Sandcrabs scored in the fourth inning on a pinch-hit RBI single by A.J. Pina.

44INAROW
03-13-2009, 09:39 AM
All games cancelled today. They are going to cover the field and hopefully let everyone get at least 1 game in tomorrow (Saturday)