PDA

View Full Version : Fear!

SintonFan
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
If you turn on the TV you are told to basically fear everything. Everything it seems is a "crisis" from Banking to Birth Control. Climate change, chlamydia, Chevy... EVERYTHING is a CRISIS! How can everything be a crisis when our streets are relatively quiet, families eat and we buy stuff that is plentiful at our stores that have plentiful selections? What more can you ask for?
The only thing that stops kids from playing more on their streets is fear(parents think child molesters are around every corner watching THEIR kids, so kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore)...
Adults refuse to wise fully and articulately debate politics now because they hold onto their beliefs as from some perverted religion(what some see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News is always true, no matter if what they hear is from a journalist(rare breed now) or opinion head)...
How can it be that everything is a crisis and should be feared now? Have you yourself ever asked that question? Why are folks who tend to speak in more common-sense terms discounted?
Have we forgotten that we as individuals are self-reliant toward our own needs?
I bet Winston Churchill is turning over in his grave...
:doh:
Have we learned to fear "FEAR" itself?

kepdawg
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Fear? Crisis? All you have to do is change the channel. And that's all I have to say about it.

SintonFan
03-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Fear? Crisis? All you have to do is change the channel. And that's all I have to say about it.
Even the History Channel and Discovery(and all their subsidiaries used to be less about FEAR) are not immune now, kep. What SHOULD we watch?
Not so flippant, please.
So, do you admit that everything IS a crisis now and just "change the channel" is an answer?

SintonFan
03-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I apologize to you who thought this might have been about a video game.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
You can watch TLC, most of their shows are about families with TONS of kids......oh wait, that's kinda scary too!!:p

BEAST
03-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
If you turn on the TV you are told to basically fear everything. Everything it seems is a "crisis" from Banking to Birth Control. Climate change, chlamydia, Chevy... EVERYTHING is a CRISIS! How can everything be a crisis when our streets are relatively quiet, families eat and we buy stuff that is plentiful at our stores that have plentiful selections? What more can you ask for?
The only thing that stops kids from playing more on their streets is fear(parents think child molesters are around every corner watching THEIR kids, so kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore)...
Adults refuse to wise fully and articulately debate politics now because they hold onto their beliefs as from some perverted religion(what some see on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News is always true, no matter if what they hear is from a journalist(rare breed now) or opinion head)...
How can it be that everything is a crisis and should be feared now? Have you yourself ever asked that question? Why are folks who tend to speak in more common-sense terms discounted?

I cant tell you how many time lately I have said the same thing. The main thing holding the economy back is fear.

BEAST

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 09:11 AM
You will find no fear from me! I think you're just a drama queen. :p

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

SPIDERS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spider.jpg

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
SPIDERS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spider.jpg :doh: in reference to his rant

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
SPIDERS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/spider.jpg
man I hate spiders.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
:doh: in reference to his rant

I knew what it was in reference too....but YOU posting it made me think of spiders!!:D

pancho villa
03-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Kind of like we are causing global warming because of pollution.

However didn't global start with the end of the ice age? Who polluted the ozone then? Triceratops?

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Kind of like we are causing global warming because of pollution.

However didn't global start with the end of the ice age? Who polluted the ozone then? Triceratops?

SARA!

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I knew what it was in reference too....but YOU posting it made me think of spiders!!:D Meanie! haha

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
or all those WMDs in Iraq
ewww scary :D

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 10:00 AM
The movie was pretty good! :D

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
The movie was pretty good! :D markey mark

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 10:05 AM
or all those WMDs in Iraq
ewww scary :D don't start that crap :mad:

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
don't start that crap :mad: :D I'm not, and it's over,
and please refer to him as Mark Wahlberg, he dropped the Marky! :o
haha

you know that guy can be a pretty good actor, but then you get The Happening! wow

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
:D I'm not, and it's over,
and please refer to him as Mark Wahlberg, he dropped the Marky! :o
haha

you know that guy can be a pretty good actor, but then you get The Happening! wow

MARKEY MARK RULES! {hides} :D

anyway....haven't watched The Happening. Planet of the Apes was pretty bad too :doh:

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
MARKEY MARK RULES! {hides} :D

anyway....haven't watched The Happening. Planet of the Apes was pretty bad too :doh:
he plays good bean town personalities. (The Departed)<---great movie

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Meanie! haha

I''m not mean, you're just a sissy!!

Hey, I need to find that signature again!!:thinking:

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Hey, I need to find that signature again!!:thinking: I am a totally sissy when it comes to spiders & heights! :blush: oh, the shame :D

DDBooger
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
cockroaches! man.

my brother brought one in from outside and laid it on my chest while I was asleep. That sucked, he got a few knots on his head for that.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I am a totally sissy when it comes to spiders & heights! :blush: oh, the shame :D

So you wouldn't be any fun to go to Six Flags with....huh??

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
So you wouldn't be any fun to go to Six Flags with....huh?? of course! i make myself go on those rides! :D i'm freaking out half the time, but that just makes it all the more fun :crazy1:

BILLYFRED0000
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM

You should read State of Fear by Michael Creighton. There is a large and powerful group of people that have a vested interest in keeping us in fear to control our actions. Read the book and you decide.

SintonFan
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM

Why are folks who tend to speak in more common-sense terms discounted?

:eek:
Thanks for the label.:rolleyes:

SintonFan
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
You should read State of Fear by Michael Creighton. There is a large and powerful group of people that have a vested interest in keeping us in fear to control our actions. Read the book and you decide.

I have read the book and enjoyed it immensely. His research on "global warming" was amazing and exposed the manipulation of facts.

pirate4state
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM

:eek:
Thanks for the label.:rolleyes: You're welcome.

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Fear? Crisis? All you have to do is change the channel.
Agreed....or turn it off. ;)

SintonFan
03-12-2009, 11:41 PM
How can you NOT listen to radio, read a Sunday paper, watch the 10:00 pm local news, watch a state of the union address and see that fear is peddled commonly in all forms of media?
I don't see how some of you don't notice this...:doh:

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2009, 04:50 AM
How can you NOT listen to radio, read a Sunday paper, watch the 10:00 pm local news, watch a state of the union address and see that fear is peddled commonly in all forms of media?
Choices! We all make choices in what we watch, read, listen to, etc. I haven't had the energy to give one flying flip about the "State of the Union". In the past 14 months, I've been affected by a company-wide mass lay off, a cut in hours from 40 to 30 to 20, and a "we're going to have to let you go due to having no business & not being able to afford to keep you" last Wednesday. (I started a new job this Wednesday.) My husband's company is trying to prevent, but anticipating, layoffs soon and "no one is safe". I couldn't give a crap if I tried whether unemployment is 5.6 or 12.5.

I choose not to be sucked in to the national quick sand drama because as much as I care about humanity and the nation, when it gets down to it, I can only worry about me, my family and friends. I don't need to read/hear about NASDAQ, stock prices, bull/bear (or bs) market, etc - I can open my 401k statement. I don't need to hear/read about all the folks w/o healthcare - I've got friends in that situation. :( I don't need the media to tell me what it's like - we're living it. Being pissed off is a much better use of my emotional energies than being scared.

pancho villa
03-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Man, I am glad I have a job that has to keep us.

pirate4state
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM

It's real easy.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM

I listen to "Hair Nation" on XM, never read the paper, NEVER watch the news or any state of the union address.....I guess I am blissfully ignorant!

pirate4state
03-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I listen to "Hair Nation" on XM, never read the paper, NEVER watch the news or any state of the union address.....I guess I am blissfully ignorant! Great. Now you've done it! :doh: :devil:

Ranger Mom
03-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Great. Now you've done it! :doh: :devil:

:D :D I speak the truth!!!

My husband listens to that stuff so much he can be scared for the both of us!!

pirate4state
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
:D :D I speak the truth!!!

My husband listens to that stuff so much he can be scared for the both of us!!

BAHAHAHA

STANG RED
03-13-2009, 02:11 PM
I do fear what is being done to our great nation by the fear mongers these days. Lots of very bad political agendas, that will have very long reaching effects, are being advanced at an alarming rate. That cannot be denied, and is indeed a scary thing.
Politicians of both parties have become masters of using fear and misinformation to push their agendas. Obviously and sadly, the sheeple are eating it up as fast as it can be feed to them.:(

SintonFan
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope that yall who can ignore the SWINE FLU today just ignore(the news and all) what should have been a start to a productive and interesting conversation.
:tongue: :crazy: :nerd: :p
I hope I am wrong on this.

pirate4state
04-30-2009, 12:45 AM
I hope that yall who can ignore the SWINE FLU today just ignore(the news and all) what should have been a start to a productive and interesting conversation.
:tongue: :crazy: :nerd: :p
I hope I am wrong on this.

what are you babbling about?

BwdLions
04-30-2009, 09:13 AM
I listen to "Hair Nation" on XM, never read the paper, NEVER watch the news or any state of the union address.....I guess I am blissfully ignorant!

You have good taste in music Ranger Mom. 80s music by "Hair Bands" is the best music (IMO).

waterboy
04-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I like '70s music myself.:D I guess I was part of the "me" generation.;)

SintonFan
04-30-2009, 11:37 AM
what are you babbling about?
babbling huh...
Hey put this in your text to speech converter found in your control panel: "ura*+ur*yur*ur*ana*"
:D :p
Now THATS babbling.:inlove:

SintonFan
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
babbling huh...
Hey put this in your text to speech converter found in your control panel: "ura*+ur*yur*ur*ana*"
:D :p
Now THATS babbling.:inlove:
OK that might be a little harsh.
Try this "kismi*"
You know I'm playin wit you p4s.:p

sinfan75
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
The only fear I have is wakin up and havin a snake coiled up next to me (which has happened once at my house in my bed). Other than that though I don't get excited about anything. Oh by the way it was a rat snake about 2 foot long in case anybody was wonerin.:D

sinton66
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
The only fear I have is wakin up and havin a snake coiled up next to me (which has happened once at my house in my bed). Other than that though I don't get excited about anything. Oh by the way it was a rat snake about 2 foot long in case anybody was wonerin.:D

RM would have come over and killed it for you.:D

sinfan75
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Caught it and let it go. But the suckers look like a rattler when you wake up out of a good sleep. Had the shotgun ready to blow the sob away but when I saw what it was managed to finally catch it and took it across the street and let it go in the brush.:D

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2009, 12:39 AM
The Fear Mongering is not new

it has been around the United States for as long as it has been a country

at one time the "darkies"( only using it as a historical reference) would rape all the white women and destroy our nation

Fear got weed outlawed( and all those agianst drug use can say what u want, but truly find out WHY weed was outlawed and why they basically LIED about the effects of weed)

in the 50's it was the red scare and Mcarthyism

in the 60-80's it was of course the cold war

sprinked in those years were things like fear of energy crisis in the 70's

the fear that homosexuals destroy society( or really anyone who is not considered the "norm"

Fear has always and will always be the great motivator

Has anyone ACTUALLY ever read or saw on tv an actual case where someone put razor blades in halloween candy?

Parents use fear in kids behaving...Religion uses fear of damnation to keep people on the "right path"

So as long as we have fear as an emotion, it is by far the strongest one to cause en mass action from a society

garciap77
05-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Hey, I need to find that signature again!!:thinking:

:clap: :clap: :clap: