PDA

View Full Version : Costly dunk

firstdown
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Doesn't seem fair to me.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=922635

Emerson1
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I never got the whole no dunking thing in HS.

Keith7
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

You can dunk, but not after the refs come out on to the court. The refs will usually blow their whistle to let players know they are on the court

firstdown
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM

Dunking in warm ups is not allowed due to the intimidation factor. That article is out of NY where I believe they play by Federation rules unlike the UIL rules we play by in Texas. Here it is only a tech to start the game. Which seems better than a forfeit but still I believe unfair. If you can dunk in the game why not warm ups.

Emerson1
03-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Dunking in warm ups is not allowed due to the intimidation factor. That article is out of NY where I believe they play by Federation rules unlike the UIL rules we play by in Texas. Here it is only a tech to start the game. Which seems better than a forfeit but still I believe unfair. If you can dunk in the game why not warm ups.
I thought it said a forfeit only if the goal was broken somehow.

firstdown
03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
You're correct. I just don't believe there should be any penalty at all. If it is a penalty it should be enforced the same every time the infraction occurs.

Emerson1
03-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
You're correct. I just don't believe there should be any penalty at all. If it is a penalty it should be enforced the same every time the infraction occurs.
Having a penalty for breaking it while show boating in warm ups only isn't nearly as stupid as penalizing every time there might be damage on a dunk even if it is in the regular flow of the game.

SWMustang
03-11-2009, 04:18 PM
how did the guy writing the story have no idea this was a rule?

firstdown
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Having a penalty for breaking it while show boating in warm ups only isn't nearly as stupid as penalizing every time there might be damage on a dunk even if it is in the regular flow of the game.

I agree I think it's a stupid rule that needs to be done away with.