PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Hutto 9 Giddings 6

ILS1
03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Giddings was up 6-1 in the 6th inning when the Hippos bats came alive and scored 8 runs in the bottom of that inning. Giddings has a heck of pitcher in Mason. He kept the Hippos pretty much in check until then. Marlowe is a great player as well. He had a single and a double. Giddings has a great,solid team and will definitely make some noise in the playoffs. I would like to see how they match up against Taylor.

G-1 0 2 0 3 0 0= 6

H-0 1 0 0 0 8 x= 9

W-Lenz
L-Mason
S-M. Dominguez

brahmafan01
03-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Mason??? Did they get a move in or is that supposed to be Masek?

ILS1
03-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by brahmafan01
Mason??? Did they get a move in or is that supposed to be Masek?

LOL!! Might have been Masek. The PA system @ Hutto isn't the greatest. It sounded like Mason several times but could've been Masek. Just put it this way, he was wearing #4 in the Giddings line up.

:D :D :D

brahmafan01
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Haha okay i think thats him. Was he throwing pretty hard? Or just keeping the hitters off balanced. I saw him pitch a few times last year but did not think he threw all that well but I've heard different stories this year. Just wondering if he has picked up some velocity on the heater

buff4life
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Haha okay i think thats him. Was he throwing pretty hard? Or just keeping the hitters off balanced. I saw him pitch a few times last year but did not think he threw all that well but I've heard different stories this year. Just wondering if he has picked up some velocity on the heater

ya a tech scout there tonight clocked him at 89

ILS1
03-11-2009, 06:10 AM

He was throwing mid 80's but his location was good. He was catching alot of the corners for strikes and his change up was working for him. Hutto squandered a couple of opportunities in the early innings but Masek effectively pitched his way out of the jams. Hutto eventually caught on and tagged him for the 8 runs in the 6th. Overall a gritty,tough performance by Masek last night.

buff4life
03-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I would say for the first 100 pitches or so Masek was dominate but after he got tired Giddings began to fall apart and Hutto took control with a couple timely hits....

Buffgal
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
I would say for the first 100 pitches or so Masek was dominate but after he got tired Giddings began to fall apart and Hutto took control with a couple timely hits....

Ditto. Walks, passed balls to advance runners, a hit, questionable calls on tags @ 1st base, catcher out of position....Buffs let Hutto tie the game as Masek begins to tire (after a very dominating and controlling first half performance on the mound & at bat for him) Berry comes in but can't stop Hutto from scoring to go ahead.

Hutto made some good defensive plays but mainly won the game by getting on base and capitalizing on Giddings miscues.

Giddings has a stacked team but they are going to have to relax and just play ball. And before I get any comments from anybody on here, please know that I've first and foremost starting this same speech at home with my kid. His performances have been sub par and he knows it. Some bright spots but all in all, they are all too good to play the way they have been playing. You can really see the frustration and the mental strain of preparing for the SAT is not helping either.

Hope and pray for the rain but that we get the tournament in La Grange completed as well.

ILS1
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
LOL!! Might have been Masek. The PA system @ Hutto isn't the greatest. It sounded like Mason several times but could've been Masek. Just put it this way, he was wearing #4 in the Giddings line up.

Just to let you know. At Hutto all 3 fields (baseball,softball and football) will be getting new scoreboards. But of course the football field is getting a Jumbotron. I talked to a friend who works for Hutto ISD, the PA system @ the baseball field is supposed to be upgraded as well. Baseball and softball new scoreboards should be up very soon. While Jumbotron should be ready by start of football season.