PDA

View Full Version : District 31-3A Softball scores

pirate4state
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Sinton defeats Ingleside 3-2
Aransas Pass defeats West Oso 11-0
Falfurrias defeats Robstown 4-3
Mathis defeats Orange Grove, no score reported.

Our game was a lot closer than I expected, but a win is a win is a win! :D

We play Oso on Friday at home.

IHStangFan
03-11-2009, 12:44 AM
WOW....Fal downs Robstown?

Phil C
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Aransas Pass has a good season record so far.
I knew we were in trouble last night from the beginning because the Aransas Pass head softball coach has changed to Ingleside. He had great success at Aransas Pass and is carrying it over to Ingleside. Having Riflearm coaching the pitchers is obviously a big plus. With the success Aransas Pass is having this year I wonder why he switched over to Ingleside.
We barely held on for the win against Ingleside but under the circumstances I will take it.
I think this is Riflearm's fourth year as an assistant coach and she should be getting her own high school team in the future because she is a great coach and seems to be ready to go to the next level.
Congratulations Ingleside on a great game and to the Lady Pirates for hanging onto the win.
On Friday West Oso comes to Sinton and this is very risky because they will be determined to show that big loss was a fluke. Fortunate are we in the district indeed that they have been busy with basketball playoffs.

pirate4state
03-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW....Fal downs Robstown?

Yeah, I think that was everyone's reaction. Fal was young last year (but still made a nice playoff run) and Robstown lost a lot of solid/good players to graduation.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW....Fal downs Robstown? yeah, i know Robstown usually pretty good in softball, so Fal might be much improved but shocker to me is Sinton girls playing a close game in district. Seems it wont be easy like the last few years.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and Robstown lost a lot of solid/good players to graduation. ahh, that might explain Robstown might be down some this year.

pirate4state
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yeah, i know Robstown usually pretty good in softball, so Fal might be much improved but shocker to me is Sinton girls playing a close game in district. Seems it wont be easy like the last few years. poor execution and 4 errors will keep a game closer than it should be

ol country boy
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I think, not for sure but I had heard Robstown only lost 1 starter from last years team.

pirate4state
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
I think, not for sure but I had heard Robstown only lost 1 starter from last years team. Robstown or Fal? Robstown was senior laden last year. 2 pitchers, catcher, SS and 3rd base is what I can remember of the starters.

Phil C
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Fal44
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
fal only lost three seniors from last years team...

they should compete this year, and even make the playoffs.

lots of young talent, but I don't have an actual softball coach to direct them.