PDA

View Full Version : need help with a speech topic

goosealaniz
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
i need to come up with a speech topic that is controversial... or something that can be argued with... it can be about anything from sports to aliens... any ideas?

Emerson1
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Did man really land on the moon?

SintonFan
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
3rd Trimester Abortions. You can't get much controversial than that. I debated that in college and did well.

goosealaniz
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
3rd Trimester Abortions. You can't get much controversial than that. I debated that in college and did well.

i kinda dont want to talk about something that one of the girls in my class will talk about... nothing too feminine...

forum_guy
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
i did the Bermuda Triangle last semester and it was pretty interesting

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Global warming - we have several "experts" on the subject on here. ;)

Emerson1
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Are polls relevant in HS football?

TheDOCTORdre
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
what is the greatest dynasty in the NFL, 70 steelers, 80 niners, 90 cowboys or 00 patriots,

coach
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
should the cowboys have cut to......

SintonFan
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
i kinda dont want to talk about something that one of the girls in my class will talk about... nothing too feminine...
Are you in High School?

goosealaniz
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Are you in High School?

no in college... you know people in the class with kids and things...

SintonFan
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
no in college... you know people in the class with kids and things...
Are you afraid to talk about things you perceive as effeminate? Maybe you could debate the other side to the issue?
You asked for a controversial topic.:nerd:

goosealaniz
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Are you afraid to talk about things you perceive as effeminate? Maybe you could debate the other side to the issue?
You asked for a controversial topic.:nerd:

i just dont want to do a speech that i think someone else will do... im pretty sure some will do that one...

SintonFan
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
i just dont want to do a speech that i think someone else will do... im pretty sure some will do that one...
Then please list topics you think someone else will do to eliminate topics here...:nerd:

goosealaniz
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Then please list topics you think someone else will do to eliminate topics here...:nerd:

anything with ADD... about three people in there have kids with ADD... um pregnancy... video games... and probably a few more...

SintonFan
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
anything with ADD... about three people in there have kids with ADD... um pregnancy... video games... and probably a few more...
Ok, "gun rights or gun control" is a good one. Lots of arguments and lots of good folks buying ammo now scared today.
Also, "no TV during the week". It works for me and those women in the class will debate you on how cruel it is. lol
One more, "Lack of proof for Global Warming"... but that might get you a failing grade... :doh:
Hold on, try "Nuclear Power as a clean and environmentally friendly energy solution". That is balanced, controversial and will spark good talk if you research it right.