PDA

View Full Version : Permian News

OldBison75
03-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Odessa Newspaper is reporting that Gary Gaines will be named head coach at Permian on Thursday. Gaines was the coach depicted in Friday Night Lights.

kepdawg
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Haven't you already commented about it?

LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92886)

OldBison75
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Yes, I commented on the Coaching Jobs Board, but since it is a sports story-- I posted it here. If that is a sin---have the mods delete this thread. Alot of people don't look at the other forum boards, so I thought is might be newsworthy to somebody!

WTF-82
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Incredible Gaines is very close to Lobo staff as they used to work together. Hope he dosent take anyone from there with him.

WTF-82
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Yes, I commented on the Coaching Jobs Board, but since it is a sports story-- I posted it here. If that is a sin---have the mods delete this thread. Alot of people don't look at the other forum boards, so I thought is might be newsworthy to somebody!

I am glad this was posted here some of us never go to the other boards.

wildstangs
03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Shocking hire for Permian. Rumor has it that former Brownwood coach Steve Freeman will work with him.

rancher
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
You can think T.J. Mills and his ego for destroying the chances of any 3a and under coach from ever having a good shot at a 5A job in that district and numerous others across the state.

Looking4number8
03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Rumor has it that former Brownwood coach Steve Freeman will work with him.

I can believe that. I had heard that at least a part of his family was about to move to Odessa. As always I wish Steve Freeman the best and thank him for his years at Brownwod!

bwdlionfan
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Shocking hire for Permian. Rumor has it that former Brownwood coach Steve Freeman will work with him.

I'm guessing as DC? Anyone have any more info?

wildstangs
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I'm guessing as DC? Anyone have any more info?

Online rumors said as OC. Most people also said they think it would be part of a deal that would involve Gaines moving back to Ector County athletic director, and Freeman sliding into the head coaching position in a few years.

Ranger Mom
03-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

No sin....and thanks!! I don't read the coaching forum either!!

wildstangs
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Permian fan site already has Freeman listed as Assistant HC. :thinking:

http://www.mojoland.net/staffphs.html

WTF-82
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/coach_3585___article.html/gaines_great.html

Here is what some of the Coaches are west texas and that district are saying. Good article