PDA

View Full Version : Manor v Elgin Score?

Pudlugger
10-31-2003, 11:33 PM
Anyone have a score or update? Looks like D24 is getting real interesting with Hutto beating Giddings. :)

tigerSville_04
10-31-2003, 11:57 PM
score??????????????

SlaPPiE
11-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Elgin 10, Manor 7

Pudlugger
11-01-2003, 12:08 AM
SlaPPiE:
Elgin 10, Manor 7Looks like Giddings' playoff hopes lie in Elgin next week. Could be a three way tie for second between Manor, Elgin and Giddings if Giddings Manor and La Grange win next week. Manor plays Smithville and La grange plays at Hutto.

Lombardi
11-01-2003, 03:23 AM
wrong, it is based on positive points. Giddings has to beat Elgin by a certain amount of points. Hey pud, LG better worry about Hutto. they are getting better each week,

Pudlugger
11-01-2003, 07:18 AM
Lombardi:
wrong, it is based on positive points. Giddings has to beat Elgin by a certain amount of points. Hey pud, LG better worry about Hutto. they are getting better each week,Don't worry La Grange knows Hutto is a team capable of pulling off an upset, they will come prepared so that doesn't happen . The Leps really got the point after beating Giddings in every stat except one--the score ( 15-5 1st downs 300= total offense to 135 etc). As for the playoff picture it is going to be a mess no matter what voo doo they use if there is a 3 way tie for second. :cool:

go4it
11-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Was it a shock to everyone Elgin pulled the win?

johnhenryfaulk
11-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Elgin is a team that has improved. They had to replace 8 or 9 starters off of their defense from a year ago.Hutto,Manor,Giddings,Smithville are all much improved from a year ago..

MiddleB
11-02-2003, 01:53 AM
If you didn't see this game you missed a good one, Manor tried to make a run for it at the end but just came up short. Manors D played great only giving up a feild goal after the Manors O fumbled on there 25. The TD for Elgin came off a punt return, witch i have to say was a nice run by number 9. Elgins D shut down the Manor, the only onoe they couldn't stop was #1 for manor, he had a really good game as he always dose. Even thought we lost i can say I am proud to be a part of the manors D!!! La Grange take care of hutto there a good team but yall can beat them. We need yall to beat them! GoodLuck

MARLINFAN
11-02-2003, 02:02 AM
IS IT ANYWAY LG WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. REALLY DO WANT TO SEE THEM TIS YR

Chopblock
11-02-2003, 07:42 AM
go4it:
Was it a shock to everyone Elgin pulled the win?NO

I hear there were 2 touchdowns called back on Elgin

Pudlugger
11-02-2003, 08:52 AM
La Grange will certainly prepare for Hutto as they have a real good defense. The Hippos want to knock La Grange out and the Leps want the District Chanmpionship making this a crucial game for them. I believe the Leps will be very sharp for this game and will win by 3 tds. As for Elgin beating Manor, I am not surprised as I knew Elgin had a superb bunch of athletes and it was only a matter of time before things would come together for them. Manor is a very good football team as well so it was close. If I am correct after Friday D24 will look like this:

La Grange 4-1 Champions, DII Winner
Elgin 4-1 DI
Manor 3-2 DII Runner Up
Hutto 2-3
Giddings 2-3
Smithville 0-5

Go Leps, finish the job!!! :D :D

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

lepfan
11-02-2003, 09:44 AM
sorry MARLINFAN,now don't become a whiner like cunbed10 wink

go4it
11-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Chopblock, I agree with you. I was there, but I wanted to see what everyone else had to say. Prior to the game last week, there was so much talk from Manor people on this board. I was glad to not find alot of cheap talk from Elgin. Everyone seems to forget the tough pre-district schedule Elgin had. And how Elgin beat Hutto at their home field 35-6. And what was the Manor/Hutto score? Much closer I know. Anyway, Elgin had some tough calls against them Fri night or the score would have been much more spread. Both teams played a tough game, it's just the Wildcats were underestimated.

Mustang '89
11-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Chopblock:

go4it:
Was it a shock to everyone Elgin pulled the win?NO

I hear there were 2 touchdowns called back on ElginI think you are misinformed. They did not call back any touchdowns on Elgin. The only time Wildcat feet touched the endzone was on the punt return. Manor missed two opportunities to score: Once before the half (three yard line, 4 plays)and they threw an interception at the goalline on another drive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elgin only threatened once to score a touchdown, but it was caught out of bounds

johnhenryfaulk
11-02-2003, 07:19 PM
elgin's # 2 caught a TD and was called for off. pass interference and he also caught a ball in the endzone that was ruled out a bounds on another possession.Manor threatened at the end of the first half on 2 back to back interference calls. The worst call of the year is the lateral by Manor's #5 that was thrown at the 10 and landed on the 17.WOW.Entertaining game though.Both teams played hard....

Chopblock
11-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Film clearly shows from both wide angle and regular that not one but two feet are in bounds
The official says he caught the ball but was out of bounds, I t looks like he had a brain fart
As far as the Offensive Pass Interference, one of those things, I havent seen a receiver yet in a tight that won't push

go4it
11-02-2003, 09:00 PM
thank you John Henry and Chopblock! I guess Manor's having a hard time realizing what the score really could have been. But what's most important is what the score was when the clock was turned off.

Mustang '89
11-03-2003, 01:04 AM
Forgot about the offensive pass interference. And no, I am not having a hard time with the score. Manor had their opportunities to win this game and they didn't. Such is life!!! I never have a problem with the Mustangs losing, as long as they have given max. effort.( I do agree that the lateral was a terrible call by the ref.)