PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed in Oak Cliff....

kaorder1999
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Today has been a tough day here at the school I work at. We lost three young ladies in a car accident Friday after school. This is a VERY close nit school and community and the kids are having a super tough day as to be expected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three North Texas families are grieving after a deadly car crash.

Friends, family grieve for girls killed in crash

08:41 PM CST on Saturday, March 7, 2009

By MONIKA DIAZ / WFAA-TV

Three teenagers were killed, all of them from the same high school.

The cars are gone, but signs of the deadly crash still litter Mayforge Drive, near Loop 12 in east Oak Cliff.

Family and friends are devastated by the loss.

"It was hard seeing her, being there and saying bye to her, giving her a last kiss," said friend Susana Dominguez.

A last kiss at the hospital for the friend they grew up with 16 year old, Rosario Filemon.

As they look at old pictures, they share memories.

One stood out, a reminder of a childhood pact that happened right in Rosario's backyard.

"When we were little, we were like we gonna go to high school and play basketball," said Marialela Bonilla, a friend.

"I think we will miss the times we would come here and play in her backyard, shoot hoops."

Rosario and the two other girls killed in the crash, 15-year-old, Liliana Reynoso and 16-year-old Miriam Ramirez went to Adamson High School.

"Losing a child is devastating alone, and to lose three at the same time, three children that had potential," said Rawly Sanchez, Adamson High School principal.

Investigators are still looking into the crash, but they believe Ramirez was behind the wheel.

They say she was driving too fast, when all of a sudden she lost control, and slammed into an SUV.

Police say she did not have a driver's license.

Three lives lost in an instant - their friends hoping teens can take away lessons from this tragedy.

kaorder1999
03-09-2009, 10:51 AM
nearly one year ago this same school lost a boys soccer player to a car accident....

pirate4state
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
tragic story :( sorry about the loss of your students

Global Swarming
03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
One bad mistake costs three young ladies their lives. This is why kids shouldn't be able to drive until they're 18. I know that 18 year olds make stupid mistakes too. But I know how I was at 16. I probably shouldn't have been driving either.I just wonder why a kid who didn't have a drivers license was behind the wheel in the first place. It's just a shame that this young lady can't go back and correct the mistake that she made. My heart really goes out to the families of these young ladies. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. Prayers going out from the Global Swarming home and the Global Swarming kids.

Phil C
03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Prayers from Sinton. I will always have a soft feeling for South Oak Cliff High School in Dallas because my late father graduated from there in 1931.