PDA

View Full Version : Sad TAMU news

RanchRadio
03-08-2009, 12:37 PM
(COLLEGE STATION) Two Texas A&M students and siblings were killed Friday afternoon during a shooting in College Station.

21-year-old Rachel Joiner was co-enrolled at Texas A&M and Blinn. According to Texas A&M records, she was a Geology major.

23-year-old Travis Joiner was an Aerospace Engineering major at Texas A&M.

The brother and sister were rushed to the College Station Medical Center after the shooting. Travis Joiner died upon arrival, and Rachel Joiner died a few hours later.

Police say they responded to a call at 12:44 pm at a house on Walcourt Loop. According to Lt. Rodney Sigler, John Darrel Thuesen was still in the house when police arrived, and has been taken into custody. Thuesen is charged with capital murder, and faces the death penalty if convicted.

According to Blinn officials, Thuesen is a part-time student at Blinn. Neighbors say Thuesen was Rachel Joiner's boyfriend, but police have not confirmed that.

buff4life
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
My girlfriend worked at the same place as the girl that was killed, very sad story indeed

Johnny Utah
03-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Prayers sent to the families.

OldBison75
03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
My prayers and deepest sympathy go out to the family, neighbors , and friends of these two young people. I have been keeping up with the news on this and it was a terrible tragedy for everyone. These were two fine young people and the world will not be the same without them.

WestTxschwab
03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
here.