PDA

View Full Version : We Need Rain!

RanchRadio
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
For the first time in three years, the entire State of Texas has some level of drought designation.

June 2006 was the last time all 254 counties suffered from drought conditions.

Part of Milam County is now considered to be in an exceptional drought.

There are currently 208 counties statewide that have an outdoor burning restriction in place, a level not reached since the fire season of 2005-2006.

Every county in Central Texas remains under a burn ban.

Local forecasters expect the drought to persist for several months with no significant rainfall amounts in the near future.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RanchRadio
For the first time in three years, the entire State of Texas has some level of drought designation.

June 2006 was the last time all 254 counties suffered from drought conditions.

Part of Milam County is now considered to be in an exceptional drought.

There are currently 208 counties statewide that have an outdoor burning restriction in place, a level not reached since the fire season of 2005-2006.

Every county in Central Texas remains under a burn ban.

Local forecasters expect the drought to persist for several months with no significant rainfall amounts in the near future.

Not true, Phil C said it was going to rain...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92810

RanchRadio
03-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Well idk about where your at, but in Cameron its looked like it's going to rain all weekend, but still nothin. 60% chance on Wednesday though.

trojan37
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep. It's supposed to start raining here probably tonight or early tomorrow. We have chances of rain all week, but the best chances come on Wednesday, when we are supposed to have a high in the 50s. YUCK!

c-town_balla
03-08-2009, 01:04 PM
chance of rain everyday next week for Central Texas.

coach
03-08-2009, 04:31 PM
actually there is a chance of rain everyday for every city

solocam
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Bring on the rain,

mwynn05
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
we need the rain but i dont want it during the state tournament

slingshot
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Pray for rain!

IHStangFan
03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Yes sir.....yes we do. We need it in a bad way!

DU_stud04
03-09-2009, 02:07 AM
should kept pacman in texas, from what i hear, he makes it rain...

coach
03-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
should kept pacman in texas, from what i hear, he makes it rain...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
03-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
should kept pacman in texas, from what i hear, he makes it rain... LOL!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!! Slap yourself for that!!! :D

DU_stud04
03-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!! Slap yourself for that!!! :D :D

c-town_balla
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
This looks hopeful.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/99qwbg.gif

coach
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
This looks hopeful.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/99qwbg.gif

this looks like kindergarten kid trying to outline texas with map colors

kaorder1999
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
i put weed and feed out on my yard yesterday so I need some rain!!!

STANG RED
03-09-2009, 12:23 PM
From what I have seen, it looks like all of you have a good chance of some good rainfall, all except for us poor West Texans. We have a chance in Sweetwater, but will be right on the edge of it looks like. Further west of us has less and less of a chance.
Man do we need it bad though.
We had a pretty good grass fire just north of town a couple miles yesterday. I went out there for a few minutes. It looked like someone had put gasoline on it, it was burning so fast and hot. Looked like it was CRP land though, so the grass was pretty tall, and man was it dry. If Govt rules would allow CRP land to be grazed in the fall every year, that grass wouldnt get nearly so tall and dry, and wouldnt be near so much of a fire hazard as they are now.

Sweetwater Red
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
From what I have seen, it looks like all of you have a good chance of some good rainfall, all except for us poor West Texans. We have a chance in Sweetwater, but will be right on the edge of it looks like. Further west of us has less and less of a chance.
Man do we need it bad though.
We had a pretty good grass fire just north of town a couple miles yesterday. I went out there for a few minutes. It looked like someone had put gasoline on it, it was burning so fast and hot. Looked like it was CRP land though, so the grass was pretty tall, and man was it dry. If Govt rules would allow CRP land to be grazed in the fall every year, that grass wouldnt get nearly so tall and dry, and wouldnt be near so much of a fire hazard as they are now.

Take whatever percentage KTXS shows for rain and add 30%
for Sweetwater. Did you forget it's Round-up weekend? We seem
to have bad weather more often than not this time of year.:(