PDA

View Full Version : Wharton 13 Bellville 12

Lt. Maverick
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Wharton comes back with 6 runs in the bottom of the 7th to beat Bellville. Michael Mata smashed one off the right center field wall for a game winning 3 run double in the bottom of the 7th. Best game of the tournament this weekend!

Bull's-eye
03-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Heard that the Bellville fans weren't too happy with their coach. They thought he should of pitched their ace and get the win, but he chosed to go with a seldom used pitcher. Coach Cerney doesn't put alot of stock in these tournaments, his main goal is to have the Brahmas ready for district play.

Good win Wharton.

Brahma84
03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Tallerine threw one inning in the game. After that the coach threw 5 more pitchers. It is true that the games before district really don't count, but you have to play to win and put your best nine on the field. I don't think that happened tonight. Bellville will match up against Wharton again in their first game of the La Grange tournament.

IHStangFan
03-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Way to go Tigers!!! :clap:

Antec
03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
What did Tigers do in Friday nights game of the tournament?

Lt. Maverick
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
on friday Wharton beat Brazosport 4-3. scored the winning run in the bottom of the 7th inning. Mata went 6 innings and Munoz went the 7th inning.

Bull's-eye
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Did Wharton end up winning the tournament?

Lt. Maverick
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
No Wharton took second. El Campo won the tournament going 3-0

XMan
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Nothing brings about team unity more than parents second guessing the coach. Shame on you if you are a "supporter" and then second guess. Let the coach coach and you support. Coach Cerny has been coaching a long time and I believe he knows what he is doing.

Brahma84
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I have watched this group of guys play since they were eight. They are a great group of men on and off the field and I will always support them. I'm sure the coach had some reason for playing the game the way he did last night. Bellville has a lot of baseball left to play and they will get it straightened out by district, when the games really count. Go Bellville!

Johnnypaycheck
03-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Coach Cerny will have his guys ready to roll come district time.
Tough, hard fought game for both sides.

Overall, great competition at the Wharton Tournament!

trg
03-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Good luck to the Bulls the rest of the season.

Antec
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Wharton has open date tonight

Plays In La Grange Tournmant begining on Friday

Hosts Royal in the 26-3A opener next Tuesday and plays at El Campo in non-district next Friday

maestro
03-13-2009, 10:29 AM
there could be a bellville/wharton match up come playoff time..

knowing baseball coaches and the stats that they keep....

i'm sure that both coaches played this one close to the vest..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by maestro
there could be a bellville/wharton match up come playoff time..

knowing baseball coaches and the stats that they keep....

i'm sure that both coaches played this one close to the vest..

My understanding is Bellville pitched their 4,5,6th pitchers, only pitched Tallerine for 16 pitches?

Lt. Maverick
03-13-2009, 11:13 PM
they pitched about 6 pitchers that game. a pitcher can only do so much tho. it seems a lot of people dont want to give Wharton the credit they deserve for this win. Some even seem to forget that Wharton didnt pitch their number 1,2, or 3 pitchers. They threw a JV kid and 2 relievers.

maestro
03-14-2009, 03:41 PM
then my theory held up...

this will possibly play out come playoff time...

anyhow....two good, well coached teams....

duckhunter
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Tallerine threw one inning in the game. After that the coach threw 5 more pitchers. It is true that the games before district really don't count, but you have to play to win and put your best nine on the field. I don't think that happened tonight. Bellville will match up against Wharton again in their first game of the La Grange tournament. you shouldnt be surpised. have you never watched any bellville pre-district games? obviously cerny is doing something right judging by the number of playoff appearances. you play those tournments to allow the pitchers to get their work in. what happens when tallerine gets hurt or a dead arm by throwing so much in pre-district and cant throw anymore? then parents will be crying how other pitchers never got any innings on the mound. those games mean NOTHING. district is where it is at and by that time cerny will have his boys playing at the level desired and THEIR ARM STRENGTH and stamina will be where it needs to be.
remember these boys throw bullpens during the week. nobody has a golden arm