PDA

View Full Version : West Oso vs Stafford updates?

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Caller times reports only up to 2nd qtr

Stafford 29 West Oso 19

anybody have updates as thats been awhile and game might be over by now

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:39 PM
now says

Stafford 49 West Oso 22 3rd qtr

looks like Stafford will advance

Bull's-eye
03-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Looks like a D26 Stafford will rule R4 basketball. Good luck to my neighbors as they head to state.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:51 PM
it dont matter to me, i back any region 4 team, would had been great for us locally for West Oso to advance but i'll back whoever represents. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Aransas Pass actually played them better as they were in with a point late in the 3rd qtr. Stafford turned it up a notch.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Looks like a D26 Stafford will rule R4 basketball. Good luck to my neighbors as they head to state.

What about the Region 3 Rejects, first in V-ball, 2nd in Football, know in Boys Basketball, cant wait for the R4 finals in Baseball, and Softball.

REGION 3 REJECTS RULE REGION 4 !!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Stafford 61 West Oso 32 Final

Good season for Oso and they'll be at it again next year as they're a young team. Represent at state tourney Stafford and win it!

Wow, Stafford played some good defense as it seems Oso only score 13 points once they were at 19.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What about the Region 3 Rejects, first in V-ball, 2nd in Football, know in Boys Basketball, cant wait for the R4 finals in Baseball, and Softball.

REGION 3 REJECTS RULE REGION 4 !!!!!! ? have no clue what your trying to say.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
? have no clue what your trying to say.

Some made fun of the new teams that were in R3 and then moved to R4 this year, we were called the R3 Rejects by some from R4, Looks the Rejects have made R4 stronger this year. More to come in Baseball and Softball from the Rejects.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Some made fun of the new teams that were in R3 and then moved to R4 this year, we were called the R3 Rejects by some from R4, Looks the Rejects have made R4 stronger this year. More to come in Baseball and Softball from the Rejects. should be fun in baseball as i like the regular region 4 teams to represent. Sinton has been in the region championship 6 out of the last 7 years and theres talent down to the little league level :D

Bull's-eye
03-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Somebody posted during football season that those R4 teams, formerly in R3, were a bunch of R3 rejects. Bellville, Columbus, Giddings and now Stafford have all played for the R4 championship. Bellville won in volleyball over Columbus, Giddings won the DII R4 football title and Stafford winning in basketball.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Stafford has been in R3 ? i just remember them in region 4 for basketball as thats usually what that school is good at.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Stafford has been in R3 ? i just remember them in region 4 for basketball as thats usually what that school is good at.

I think they move back in forth, but the last 2 seasons they were D24-R3. They actually didn't look all that impressive against Bellville and appeared very beatable.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I think they move back in forth, but the last 2 seasons they were D24-R3. They actually didn't look all that impressive against Bellville and appeared very beatable.

Bellville would have got a few calls going their way vs Stafford, the Brahmas would have made the State Final 4?

I_DONT_CARE
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
IT MUST SUCK TO LOSE TO A TEAM THAT DOESN'T LOOK ALL THAT IMPRESSIVE. :rolleyes:

Dogs_21
03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Bellville would have got a few calls going their way vs Stafford, the Brahmas would have made the State Final 4?

not necessarily...

Bull's-eye
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but sometimes it's about the different matchups. Bellville did play Stafford very well, except for that 3rd qtr stretch where Stafford made their big run.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
IT MUST SUCK TO LOSE TO A TEAM THAT DOESN'T LOOK ALL THAT IMPRESSIVE. :rolleyes:

What sucks is to be the highest rated team in R4 and lose by 29 points. :eek:

SHSBulldog00
03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Congratulation's to Stafford and hope you represent Region 4 at state the way you and Sweeny did for District 26 down in Corpus.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
What sucks is to be the highest rated team in R4 and lose by 29 points. :eek:

That would suck, and also being from the district that was posted a few days ago that Rules!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Congratulation's to Stafford and hope you represent Region 4 at state the way you and Sweeny did for District 26 down in Corpus.

Good job, keep the R3 Rejects rolling!!!!!!!

pirate4state
03-08-2009, 02:16 AM
LMAO @ Oso - so typical of them! I had a feeling this would happen. They don't know how to FINISH!

...and to my "buddies" FBB & BE you two need to talk to BOCEPHUS about going to the lumberyard and buying some 2x4s and get over all your issues.

Yall have to be the worst belly achers in the history of 3ADL! Boo Hoo they called us rejects. Boo Hoo why is everyone rooting against Bellville. Boo Hoo the mods are picking on us. :bigcry: Cry me a freakin river!

Now go report my post

IHStangFan
03-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Bellville would have got a few calls going their way vs Stafford, the Brahmas would have made the State Final 4? Seems as if Stafford was pretty much coasting through the playoffs until the Reg. final game. They stepped up their game for the highly touted West Oso team and showed what they can do when motivated.

GREAT job Stafford. Way to represent D26!!

Bull's-eye
03-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
...and to my "buddies" FBB & BE you two need to talk to BOCEPHUS about going to the lumberyard and buying some 2x4s and get over all your issues.

Yall have to be the worst belly achers in the history of 3ADL! Boo Hoo they called us rejects. Boo Hoo why is everyone rooting against Bellville. Boo Hoo the mods are picking on us. :bigcry: Cry me a freakin river!

Now go report my post

You might want to change your signature to D25 or D26. :D

Yes, Stafford didn't look all that impressive against Bellville. We were expecting to lose by about 20 points. Maybe Bellville was better than we gave them credit for or Stafford just had an off night.

No belly aching here, just stating the facts and my views. If you have a problem with me, you should be kind enough to send me a private message. Really don't appreciate being lied about in an open forum. Congratulations to Stafford & West Oso. Go Spartans!

Johnny Utah
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
It is all about matchups in basketball. Oso did not come out with energy last night, Stafford did, especially number 1. The kid can play. The more focused team won. To say that Bellville would have won the region if they had beaten Stafford is a stretch to say the least. Did not beat Stafford therefore the argument is mute. Stafford did a heck of a job once they got the lead on Oso to spread the floor and make Oso guard them. Stafford has the tools to guard Oso, their Big Kid did a great job on Oso's big kid. Going to be tough to win it from Region 4. Estacado has to be the favorite, but wait....they just dropped down from Class 4A, IF they were still 4A....Brownfield or Burkburnett would be in Austin, OH WAIT...if Stafford were still in Region 3 West Oso would be in Austin...Oh Wait....GEEZ!! The best teams won.

Bull's-eye
03-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
.if Stafford were still in Region 3 West Oso would be in Austin...Oh Wait....GEEZ!! The best teams won.

Bellville might be heading to Austin?? :thinking:

STAggie
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Stafford put on a show yesterday on how to be prepared for your opponent. They knew if they could shut down Oso's big kid they would win. Lots of credit to the Stafford staff as they had their kids ready to go. Oso came out overconfident and it showed as they never were in the game from the opening tip.

As far as Bellville being in Austin, this was not the same Stafford team that played you guys. They were focused and hitting on all cylinders. I believe the game they played against you was a wake up call to them as they were as impressive as I expected them to be this weekend. We may be making the trip to Austin now as my wife wants to cheer on Stafford.

zebrablue2
03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO @ Oso - so typical of them! I had a feeling this would happen. They don't know how to FINISH!

Now go report my post

:tisk::speech::bigcry:

IHStangFan
03-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Stafford put on a show yesterday on how to be prepared for your opponent. They knew if they could shut down Oso's big kid they would win. Lots of credit to the Stafford staff as they had their kids ready to go. Oso came out overconfident and it showed as they never were in the game from the opening tip.

As far as Bellville being in Austin, this was not the same Stafford team that played you guys. They were focused and hitting on all cylinders. I believe the game they played against you was a wake up call to them as they were as impressive as I expected them to be this weekend. We may be making the trip to Austin now as my wife wants to cheer on Stafford. STA....I'm gonna work on my wife this week and see if I can get her interested. Maybe we'll see ya'll there!

STAggie
03-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
STA....I'm gonna work on my wife this week and see if I can get her interested. Maybe we'll see ya'll there!

Same here, except we will only be able to make the Saturday games. It will be hard to convince her to go if Stafford doesn't make the final. She had a really good time watching them play and she likes the way their coaches coach. If we end of going I will let you know, would be nice to sit with someone at the game.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I might go if Sinton baseball tourney gets cancelled or postpone as it looks like it might rain thursday and friday and i think i am off on thursday. Stafford through off the sequence of every other 10th district made the tourney.
District 1
District 11
District 21
should had been District 31