PDA

View Full Version : What is most ridiculous thing you have heard a homer yell in a game?

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Come on, share your stories...

What is the most ridiculous comment you have heard a homer yell during a game?

Here is my entry...

I saw one of our receivers J. Krebs catch a ball and just run over a defender. I mean, lower shoulder and head, put the hurt on him and keep on trucking to the endzone. Amidst the celebration for the touchdown a lady behind me kept screaming, "He was grabbing his facemask!!! He was grabbing his facemask!!! You refs - - - - - - (insert choice of expletives here.)" It was a riot! The poor kid got steam rolled and didn't have a glove near the facemask... just a little bermuda in his own.

Any good stories out there?

slpybear

Old Cardinal
09-15-2002, 01:03 PM
I was at a West Orange-Stark playoff one night sitting next to a couple of HS Coaches. A loud, caustic fan from WO-S kept screaming at the WO-S Coach-Dan Hooks. If WO-S did not make a touchdown on every play, he was quick to blame Dan Hooks....As you know, at the end of the game, in close playoffs, they call the Coaches on the field to give them the penetrations, etc: The ole boy looks up and sees Dan Hooks walking out on the field to meet with the Ref's and opposing Coach. He jumps up and screams at the top of his lungs, "DAN HOOKS YOU GET OFF DAT FIELD ARE YOU GONNA GET A TECHNICAL!" The stands laughed hard for at least two minutes.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 15, 2002).]

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 01:33 PM
That's not as bad as when the PI band wasn't all that great before our now head band director got there and after the performance people were yelling "FIRE THE BAND DIRECTOR!"
now we get standing ovations so that whole memory is....well nothing but a memory

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 01:34 PM
something i hear a lot of people yelling at our games when the team isnt doing great is "Hey coach, tell them to run the right way!"

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Good one Cardinal...

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan:
Good one Cardinal...

ok

SintonFan
09-15-2002, 05:28 PM
My wife and I were watching GP and Westlake playing a playoff game at Buc stadium in Corpus. It was freezing. The game was a classic. Both teams scoring and and trying to grab the momentum. Toward the end of the game, GP scored on a hard fought pass. The crowd went wild! My wife (who is not a big football fan but loves her GP) stands up as every one else does and yells at the top of her lungs, "HOMERUN!" You should have heard all the surrounding people laughing their a$$ off as well as celebrating the TD. It's one of the things I can truly say 'You'll laugh at THAT one when you get older'.

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 06:09 PM
lol i've done that a few times just to get a rise out of the band when we're on offense and the coaches don't want us to play.

PPHSfan
09-15-2002, 07:07 PM
One of the funniest things I ever heard a homer say was a couple of years ago at one of our "younger" grade football games. We were down by two points at the half with the ball on the other teams ten yrd line. Forty seconds on the clock and we fall short on a draw play. Although we had two time outs remaining the "coach" let the clock run down, "THATS OK COACH, LETS SAVE THOSE LAST TWO TIME OUTS FOR THE SECOND HALF!!!" was the yell from way up in the cheap seats heard by all. I don't think I will ever forget that one :-)

BullsFan
09-15-2002, 07:55 PM
slpybear, I seem to remember when a group of dads was yelling at their sons, trying to tell them how they should be playing. And one of the sons finally became so frustrated that he turned around and held his helmet out to his dad as if to say, "You think you can do any better?"

Sound familiar? http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Last year in the freshman game Rockdale @ Burnet the qb for Rockdale threw a int. and the Burnet person started running the wrong way. The announcer on the pa said "He's running the wrong way," and then he turned around and started running back. Just a funny story.

------------------
~¤Prime Time¤~
Casey

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 10:07 PM
In seventh grade (when it happens more often), Caldwell was playing Mexia and one of our players picked up a Mexia fumble and started running the wrong way and everybody in our stands was screaming at him "No, no, no, you're going the wrong direction, Edward!" and so many were yelling that you couldn't understand the garble. He was running like a proud peacock because he had riled up the home fans so much (he was 4-foot-10, mind you) and when he reached the wrong end zone, he tossed the ball down as if to celebrate a touchdown and a Mexia player fell on it and scored a touchdown. The coach was even laughing so hard, he was crying and couldn't regain his composure. The rest of the team wanted the win badly and were a mix of angry and cracking up!
In another side note, a pet peeve of mine is when the cheerleaders prance around all dolled up but don't have a clue about the sport for which they're cheering. Like "defense" when we have the ball! I'm like "someone please make a football pop quiz a part of tryouts!" :-)

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2002, 11:49 PM
BullsFan,

Yeah, I forgot about that one...

We were at Bowie in '86 or '87 and we just turned the ball over. Dad and some of the others were up at the top and were really on our cases. I turned around and jerked my helmet off AND I DID YELL at them and said, "Do you want to come down here and play this one?!!"

The stands busted open laughing at that one. I was too until Bowie INTERCEPTED our pitchout from the QB to RB and put the winning TD on the board.... GRRRR!!!

slpybear

Jacket2000
09-16-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
I was at a West Orange-Stark playoff one night sitting next to a couple of HS Coaches. A loud, caustic fan from WO-S kept screaming at the WO-S Coach-Dan Hooks. If WO-S did not make a touchdown on every play, he was quick to blame Dan Hooks....As you know, at the end of the game, in close playoffs, they call the Coaches on the field to give them the penetrations, etc: The ole boy looks up and sees Dan Hooks walking out on the field to meet with the Ref's and opposing Coach. He jumps up and screams at the top of his lungs, "DAN HOOKS YOU GET OFF DAT FIELD ARE YOU GONNA GET A TECHNICAL!" The stands laughed hard for at least two minutes.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 15, 2002).]

Speaking of WO-S, I attended one of their home games a few seasons back. About halfway through the 3rd quarter, a WO-S LB plasters the opposing team's QB. The QB hits the ground, doesn't move. Coaches and trainers from both sides come out, QB still doesn't move. As their carrying the kid out on a stretcher, the guy on the PA says "how does that feel, Mr.___(dont wanna give out the kid's name)? Betcha won't get up from that anytime soon!". I thought I was gonna be sick.
J2K

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2002, 07:29 PM
You have got to be kidding Jacket!

I have never heard anything that bad. That is beyond bad sportsmanship.

slpybear

GoOrange
09-17-2002, 06:00 PM
I was at Cuero football home game one year vs. Hallettsville and their high school principal (the announcer) started whining about a bad call over the public address system and actually made a comment about the ref needing to go to TSO. It resulted in another flag. The principal of the high school said this, no less! I was in the press box and the official came up to the announcer's seat and told him off. LOVED IT!

Jason1725
09-21-2002, 01:47 AM
I was at a Newton-Woodville game a few years ago and all game this kid from Woodville had been talking trash. He was making plays as well but I guess this was getting to this guy from Newton who started yelling down to the players that he would pay them to hurt the kid, Well in the 4th Quarter the kid got hurt and about half the stands started cheering. I thought that was really classless. I think that was the worst thing I have ever seen covering high school games.

TarponR13K
09-21-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725:
I was at a Newton-Woodville game a few years ago and all game this kid from Woodville had been talking trash. He was making plays as well but I guess this was getting to this guy from Newton who started yelling down to the players that he would pay them to hurt the kid, Well in the 4th Quarter the kid got hurt and about half the stands started cheering. I thought that was really classless. I think that was the worst thing I have ever seen covering high school games.

that's horrible

Jason1725
09-21-2002, 02:16 AM
Just so there is no misunderstanding, I know all people from Newton are not like that poor dope. But I will never forget that, that's for sure.