PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones OWNED On Reality TV Show!!!

ILS1
03-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Okay, so maybe that headline's a bit of an overreaction. You can't sully what doesn't exist. But if there's anyone who could, it's Pacman Jones, and he's trying his hardest on SpikeTV's "Pros vs. Joes".
If you're not familiar with the show, it takes a group of recently-retired or otherwise available athletes (the upcoming season includes Priest Holmes, Steve McNair, Robert Horry, Alonzo Mourning and our hero Pacman) and pits them against average dudes in athletic contests.
Pacman found himself in a heated little battle against a 5-foot-10 sales rep at a recent taping, and it wasn't long before people started punching each other in the face. From the LA Times:
One of the better collisions was one at the goal line between Jones and a "Joe" named Dan Adams, a 5-foot-10 sales rep from Boston who played linebacker at Holy Cross. He set an NCAA single-game record with a staggering 21 solo tackles against Colgate.
Anyway, Adams stuck Jones at the goal line, jarring loose the football. It was pretty funny, because Jones had been talking trash to that point, referring to Adams as "Waterboy." A few minutes after the hit, the two exchanged punches and had to be separated.
"He hit me 10 yards out of bounds, kind of a cheap shot," Adams said. "I couldn't sit there and not retaliate. You've got to have some pride and dignity."
Of course, that's only one side of the story. And there are those out there who would tell Adams that he got off light.
But who's to say that this is a bad thing for Pacman? Some of reality TV's greatest moments have involved a little bit of violence. Maybe it's time for him to drop the whole idea of professional football, and just bounce around from reality show to reality show. I'm sure VH1 could come up with something for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pacman-Jones-has-sullied-the-dignity-of-reality-?urn=nfl,146445

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Okay, so maybe that headline's a bit of an overreaction. You can't sully what doesn't exist. But if there's anyone who could, it's Pacman Jones, and he's trying his hardest on SpikeTV's "Pros vs. Joes".
If you're not familiar with the show, it takes a group of recently-retired or otherwise available athletes (the upcoming season includes Priest Holmes, Steve McNair, Robert Horry, Alonzo Mourning and our hero Pacman) and pits them against average dudes in athletic contests.
Pacman found himself in a heated little battle against a 5-foot-10 sales rep at a recent taping, and it wasn't long before people started punching each other in the face. From the LA Times:
One of the better collisions was one at the goal line between Jones and a "Joe" named Dan Adams, a 5-foot-10 sales rep from Boston who played linebacker at Holy Cross. He set an NCAA single-game record with a staggering 21 solo tackles against Colgate.
Anyway, Adams stuck Jones at the goal line, jarring loose the football. It was pretty funny, because Jones had been talking trash to that point, referring to Adams as "Waterboy." A few minutes after the hit, the two exchanged punches and had to be separated.
"He hit me 10 yards out of bounds, kind of a cheap shot," Adams said. "I couldn't sit there and not retaliate. You've got to have some pride and dignity."
Of course, that's only one side of the story. And there are those out there who would tell Adams that he got off light.
But who's to say that this is a bad thing for Pacman? Some of reality TV's greatest moments have involved a little bit of violence. Maybe it's time for him to drop the whole idea of professional football, and just bounce around from reality show to reality show. I'm sure VH1 could come up with something for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pacman-Jones-has-sullied-the-dignity-of-reality-?urn=nfl,146445

He's a joke and a waste of talent.

Electus Unus
03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I want to see a video of this.