PDA

View Full Version : This is CRAZY!!!!

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 12:22 PM
One of our consultants just came to visit me and was sitting at my desk. He reached into the candy jar and got a Baby Ruth...he started chewing and then all the sudden grabbed a kleenex and spit out the candy.

He said...something won't chew up. He cleaned it off and it's a gold cap to someone's tooth.

We just looked in his mouth, he's not missing one......he is kinda grossing out!!

Emerson1
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
One of our consultants just came to visit me and was sitting at my desk. He reached into the candy jar and got a Baby Ruth...he started chewing and then all the sudden grabbed a kleenex and spit out the candy.

He said...something won't chew up. He cleaned it off and it's a gold cap to someone's tooth.

We just looked in his mouth, he's not missing one......he is kinda grossing out!!
$ue

waterboy
03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Ewwww! Yuck!:eek:

With the price of gold nowadays, you might want to melt it down and sell it.:)

Bullaholic
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Did he see the evil grin on your face, RM---you know you meant that Babe Ruth for your boss...:D

Sorta reminds me of this old joke---

The Preacher And The Elderly Lady
A preacher visits an elderly woman from his congregation. As he sits on the couch, he notices a large bowl of peanuts on the coffee table. "Mind if I have a few?", he asks.
"No, not at all", the woman replied. They chat for an hour and as the preacher stands to leave, he realizes that instead of eating just a few peanuts, he emptied most of the bowl. "I'm so sorry for eating all your peanuts! I really just meant to eat a few", the preacher apologized.
"Oh that's alright", the woman replied. "Ever since I lost my teeth, all I can do is suck the chocolate off them".

SintonFan
03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
RM, how these things happen around you on a consistent basis...:confused:

Ranger Mom
03-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I called a 800 number on the side of the package, it put me in touch with a Baby Ruth consumer service associate.

They are sending me a postage page label for me to send the tooth in back to them.......and some coupons for free Baby Ruth candy bars.

I highly doubt I will be using them!!:eek:

SWMustang
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
and some coupons for free Baby Ruth candy bars.

I highly doubt I will be using them!!:eek:

Why not? What are the chances that will ever happen again?

Ranger Mom
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Why not? What are the chances that will ever happen again?

Probably next to none....but I don't like Baby Ruth candy bars and these coupons aren't for the multi pack like I buy...its for the full length Baby Ruths......I still will never see another one without thinking about that though!

pirate4state
03-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Doodie!

Trashman
03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Kind of reminds me of this scene from Caddyshack.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/pg2/2002/0726/photo/pool.jpg

Black_Magic
03-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I called a 800 number on the side of the package, it put me in touch with a Baby Ruth consumer service associate.

They are sending me a postage page label for me to send the tooth in back to them Good. Now if you send it to them they will have all the evidence of the incident and hope you go away and not sue.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Good. Now if you send it to them they will have all the evidence of the incident and hope you go away and not sue.

Why would I sue?? Nobody was hurt, physically or emotionally!:confused:

Black_Magic
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
They dont know you wont sue. But they may be worried that you will. If you send in the proof of what you claim then it makes a possible suit harder for you. I bet they are just trying to cover thier tails.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
They dont know you wont sue. But they may be worried that you will. If you send in the proof of what you claim then it makes a possible suit harder for you. I bet they are just trying to cover thier tails.

I'm sure they are, but I could care less one way or the other. A lawsuit was the furthest thing from our minds.

I don't know what possible reason I could have for wanting to keep someone elses cap {{*shudders*}} in my desk.

Maybe I should look into seeing how much it's worth on the market!!:)

STANG RED
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Sue em RM. Then maybe you can get a whole mouth full of gold bling for yourself. :D

crzyjournalist03
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll take the coupons if you don't want them. Baby Ruth is my favorite candy bar.

BwdLions
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM

Are you no one suffered any mental anguish Ranger Mom? That's what the lawyers are looking for.

I_DONT_CARE
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Why would I sue?? Nobody was hurt, physically or emotionally!:confused: IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY! :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
***UPDATE***

My co-worker went to the dentist....he has a missing crown.....mystery solved.

Now....what do I do with the the 5 coupons for free Nestle candy??

Is it wrong to use them when it wasn't their fault? I didn't ask for anything, I just thought they should know that their candy had gold in it.....even though that ended up not being the case!!:crazy1: :crazy1:

crzyjournalist03
03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
your stinking co-worker should have to call the company back and apologize and mail the coupons back. He's the one who convinced you that he hadn't lost a cap. He must be punished for the embarrassment that he has caused both to you and to the Nestle Corporation.

Emerson1
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Nestle should sue him, you and your company for slander :p