PDA

View Full Version : coaches help

nationalpastime
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
i'm a 3a coach right now and i've noticed some 4 and 5a vacancies and sent in my resume and all that jazz and have had some feedback from some schools. my question is (preferably from some other coaches) which level did you/do you prefer?

FbCoachB40
03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
It depends on our strengths. At the 3A level you can spend more time just coaching. At 4A & 5A you will be handing more administrative duties also (i.e. coordinate the Lift-a-thon, Weightroom manager for summer, College recruiting Liason)

At the 5A level you are evaluated on much more than just your ability to coach and teach.

kaorder1999
03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
It depends on our strengths. At the 3A level you can spend more time just coaching. At 4A & 5A you will be handing more administrative duties also (i.e. coordinate the Lift-a-thon, Weightroom manager for summer, College recruiting Liason)

At the 5A level you are evaluated on much more than just your ability to coach and teach.

I have noticed just the opposite....I think there was more work to be done at the 3A level then the 4A. When at the 3A school i was marking fields and such and have never done that on the 4A level....

coach
03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by nationalpastime
i'm a 3a coach right now and i've noticed some 4 and 5a vacancies and sent in my resume and all that jazz and have had some feedback from some schools. my question is (preferably from some other coaches) which level did you/do you prefer?

where do you coach?