PDA

View Full Version : I'm B-O-R-E-D

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I am the only one at work today!!:(

I get to shut the office down at noon, but geez Louise it's been a long 2 hours, so far!!

crzyjournalist03
03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
So, are you asking us to wreck havoc on this board to keep you busy for the next two hours??? :devil:

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
So, are you asking us to wreck havoc on this board to keep you busy for the next two hours??? :devil:

No....I don't want to have to end up working overtime!!;)

waterboy
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Dang, RM! You already back at work? The phones ain't ringing off the wall? Watch TV on the net.....if that's all there is to do. Or you could keep the rest of us company with your eternal wit....:D What do you want to talk about?;)

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Dang, RM! You already back at work? The phones ain't ringing off the wall? Watch TV on the net.....if that's all there is to do. Or you could keep the rest of us company with your eternal wit....:D What do you want to talk about?;)

I came back to work Monday....I'm a tough cookie!!:D

I'm not a big TV watcher anyway, so I never even thought of watching it on the net...I wouldn't even know where to begin!!:doh:

I have had exactly one phone call today, and it was my boss calling to see if she had had any phone calls....lol!!

That was when she told me to shut down at noon!!:D

Bullaholic
03-06-2009, 11:29 AM
You're bound to have a good hospital story for us....

Don't you just love hospital gowns and being awakened every hour or two during the night for meds and BP checks?

And of course we all know that the big thrill is receiving your part of the hospital and doctor's bill....

TexasHSFootball
03-06-2009, 11:30 AM
get unbored :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

waterboy
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I came back to work Monday....I'm a tough cookie!!:D

I'm not a big TV watcher anyway, so I never even thought of watching it on the net...I wouldn't even know where to begin!!:doh:

I have had exactly one phone call today, and it was my boss calling to see if she had had any phone calls....lol!!

That was when she told me to shut down at noon!!:D
:clap: You are one tough cookie!:clap:

Neither am I, but I have gone over to TVLand and watched some Andy Griffith reruns before. Have to keep the volume down pretty low, though, because I don't want anybody knowing what I'm doing!:D

We've not had too many calls, either. It seems they are a little further between than usual. That's really sad, too. Actually kinda scary.....:(

We're short-handed today, so there won't be any shutting down early.:mad: But, it is Friday! And I'm not on call this weekend!:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You're bound to have a good hospital story for us....

Don't you just love hospital gowns and being awakened every hour or two during the night for meds and BP checks?

And of course we all know that the big thrill is receiving your part of the hospital and doctor's bill....

OMG!! Speaking of hospital bills.....I got mine in. Of course, it's been filed with the insurance company, but for what was considered outpatient surgery (even thought I spent the night) my bill was $27,636.84.

I have requested a breakdown of charges....pharmacy charged me $1088.00 so I curious to see what that's all about.

The anesthesia charge is there, so I know it can't be that. I had 2 Lortab for pain that first day, and that was it!!

SintonFan
03-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Less than 1.5 hours to F R E E D O M, RM!:clap:

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Less than 1.5 hours to F R E E D O M, RM!:clap:

Yee Haw!!!

Although, I don't really know why I am so excited. As soon as I leave here, I am going to my daughters to pick up my "grandpuppies" and when she gets off, we are loading up and heading to Big Spring to visit my uncle who has been given 2 to 4 weeks to live.:( :(

jason
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
im bored too - and we have spring break next week so campus is empty....

at least i have vegas to look forward to next week....

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Well....my ex husband just came to my office to visit me.

Evidently, the envelope my daughter gave me with her W-2 in it also had his W-2....so he had to come get it.

:D

ronwx5x
03-06-2009, 11:47 AM
OMG!! Speaking of hospital bills.....I got mine in. Of course, it's been filed with the insurance company, but for what was considered outpatient surgery (even thought I spent the night) my bill was $27,636.84.

I have requested a breakdown of charges....pharmacy charged me $1088.00 so I curious to see what that's all about.

The anesthesia charge is there, so I know it can't be that. I had 2 Lortab for pain that first day, and that was it!!

I have a Health Savings Account at work that I contribute to every month. I recently had to have steroid injections in my back and neck. Like most outpatient surgery center, this one is not in anyone's network, they just charge whatever the insurance company pays and my normal co-pay. When they sent the bill to my insurance company there was no discount amount shown, which meant according to what my insurance company received, my portion was what the insurance company would not pay, in this case, about $5,500. Of course that is not what i have to pay, but my insurance sent me a check for the entire annual amount of HSA that I intend to contribute. Dumb!

ronwx5x
03-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Well....my ex husband just came to my office to visit me.

Evidently, the envelope my daughter gave me with her W-2 in it also had his W-2....so he had to come get it.

:D

Nice visit? You two going to lunch? Just joking RM.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I have a Health Savings Account at work that I contribute to every month. I recently had to have steroid injections in my back and neck. Like most outpatient surgery center, this one is not in anyone's network, they just charge whatever the insurance company pays and my normal co-pay. When they sent the bill to my insurance company there was no discount amount shown, which meant according to what my insurance company received, my portion was what the insurance company would not pay, in this case, about $5,500. Of course that is not what i have to pay, but my insurance sent me a check for the entire annual amount of HSA that I intend to contribute. Dumb!

I am curios to see if this insurance is as good as my husband's company says. We both have "Dr. Phobia" so neither one of us has ever really used the insurance.

Supposedly it has a $200 per person deductible (so mine has been more than met) and pays 80% up to $2,000 then 100% up to $100,000. If that is the case, I shouldn't be out much more as I have already paid over $500 to the Dr. and a $500 deposit to the hospital.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Nice visit? You two going to lunch? Just joking RM.

LOL!! He took me and my daughter to lunch a few weeks ago.

We are actually pretty good friends!!

He is the one who introduced me to my husband!

ronwx5x
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I am curios to see if this insurance is as good as my husband's company says. We both have "Dr. Phobia" so neither one of us has ever really used the insurance.

Supposedly it has a $200 per person deductible (so mine has been more than met) and pays 80% up to $2,000 then 100% up to $100,000. If that is the case, I shouldn't be out much more as I have already paid over $500 to the Dr. and a $500 deposit to the hospital.

What happens after $100,00 is spent? No more insurance? If so, not good.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
What happens after $100,00 is spent? No more insurance? If so, not good.

I think it goes back down to 80%. The HR lady was droning ON and ON and I kinda zoned out while she was talking!!:p