PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - now the competition begins...

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 09:42 AM
THANK GOODNESS!!!!

They surprised even me last night with having 13 in the top 12!:p

44INAROW
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
for the most part, I like who they put in the top 13. Thank heavens Tatiana got the boot. She is WAY to dramatic for me. It's a shame, because I think she had potential as a singer but since she chose to sing the same song over and over again, we didn't get an opportunity to hear her "range" Let the games begin :)

Ranger Mom
03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
for the most part, I like who they put in the top 13. Thank heavens Tatiana got the boot. She is WAY to dramatic for me. It's a shame, because I think she had potential as a singer but since she chose to sing the same song over and over again, we didn't get an opportunity to hear her "range" Let the games begin :)

She was a really good singer, but I don't think I could have stood too many weeks of her......I don't do DRAMA and she was a drama queen FO SHO!!!

I really don't have a favorite yet.....no season has matched up to Season 4 yet, where I was a Carrie Underwood fan from the first audition.

Phil C
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM

I think if the right people contract her and she gets some acting training she can have a great career as an actress and singer. I am thinking more of supporting actress type roles but who knows? I knew she blew it when she sang the same song again and started to argue with the judges. Strange they didn't advance her but gave one of them that sang the same song another chance. Inconsistency is American Idols' nickname though.

Emerson1
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Is that funny guy still in?

'84 Stang
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
no.....That was Tatiana....she got the boot last night.....and then made an embarassing scene in front of the judges.....Paula was especially "Spacey" last night as well.....

Phil C
03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
The funny guy is funny and talented and should have a good career but this competition is mainly for singing and we have great finalist as usual. Their have been many talented singers who have been eliminated but all these left are great and anything can happen.

BullsFan
03-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I think this is the first time ever that I pretty well like all the finalists. And I couldn't have said that if Tatiana had made it in, because she grated on my last nerve. UGH. No amount of good singing would have made up for her antics onscreen. And her copying Jorge's accent to try and buy some goodwill was the last straw.

The only one I would have liked to have seen added to the list was Jessie with red hair who sang, "Bette Davis Eyes" in the first group. I know she didn't make the best song choice last night, but I still thought her voice was unusual. And I so do NOT get the love for Megan Mcwhatever who has tats on the one arm. They judges all but fawn over her every time she's up, and I just don't think she's any better than any of the others.

My fave so far is probably the little red-haired girl who sang the Heart song in week one. LOVED HER! And Micheal Sarver, the roughneck from Jasper. Gotta love a Texan!

Is anyone else already tired of Kara?

BreckTxLonghorn
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm still peeved Jamar (Danny Gokey's friend) didn't even make top 36, and then Ju'not Joyner didn't get the wild card.

So now, I'm rooting for Noop dogg, or Danny Gokey. It's sad how much I watch this show.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I'm still peeved Jamar (Danny Gokey's friend) didn't even make top 36, and then Ju'not Joyner didn't get the wild card.

So now, I'm rooting for Noop dogg, or Danny Gokey. It's sad how much I watch this show.

I like Danny, all the other guys are a little too dramatic for me.

Emerson1
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Paula sounds like she is about to cry every time she talks.

BullsFan
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I've noticed that too. Her voice is shaky. Which is kind of a shame, because I think for the most part she's been more coherent this season than any season past.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I think it'll come down to Danny and Adam Lambert. Lambert's voice reminds me of Axl Rose.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I think it'll come down to Danny and Adam Lambert. Lambert's voice reminds me of Axl Rose.

He is really good.....the fact he "prefers guys" (by his own admission) I can accept, that "glam queen" full makeup stuff kinda freaks me out!!

I think he has changed his image up for American Idol though!!

He is definitely the most talented of the top 13, IMO!!

Ranger Mom
03-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I like Danny, all the other guys are a little too dramatic for me.

Michael Sarver is dramatic??

Lion_Addict
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Michael Sarver is dramatic??

That's the oilfield guy right? He seems to be the most mellow one there.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
That's the oilfield guy right? He seems to be the most mellow one there.

Yeah.....from Jasper, TX.

I just found out why the 13th contestant wasn't able to use the number 13 when being voted on.

Idol already had the "rights" to the numbers 1 - 12, but some sex phone line had 13.....so they used 36 instead.:D

Phil C
03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
See icu812's post. This is added emphasis to what I wrote:

IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!

The potential is that we are allowing terrorists to train on our soil and at the same time talking about taking away our guns. Talk about potentially being led to slaughter. Maybe they are for peaceful purposes but if our government can trust them then why not our citizens. Alarming indeed.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
See icu812's post. This is added emphasis to what I wrote:

IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!

The potential is that we are allowing terrorists to train on our soil and at the same time talking about taking away our guns. Talk about potentially being led to slaughter. Maybe they are for peaceful purposes but if our government can trust them then why not our citizens. Alarming indeed.

?????????:thinking:

Phil.......you okay??:)

44INAROW
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
?????????:thinking:

Phil.......you okay??:)

glad you asked - I thought I was going nuts :eek: :D

Snyder_TigerFan
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
He is really good.....the fact he "prefers guys" (by his own admission) I can accept

Dang....just ruined it for me. I thought he might be, but was hoping not.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

I don't know if I'd go as far as Axl Rose; his voice is a little too 'clean'. Twilight can sing, though, I'll give him that. A little too dramatic for me.

Danny Gokey is awesome, and if Noop-dogg will ever pick the right song, he'll make a run. Hopefully, he makes it out of tonight.

Txbroadcaster
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I am wondering if the New thing they were talking about last night will be something like

the two lowest vote totals will then go before the judges and then they decide who goes homw and not just 100% fan vote

BullsFan
03-12-2009, 05:40 AM
I like the idea of the judges having a single veto to use during the season. I know that the show was ruined for me the season that Chris Daughtry went home. Of course, it's not like it hurt him any, but still...

Ranger Mom
03-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I like the idea of the judges having a single veto to use during the season. I know that the show was ruined for me the season that Chris Daughtry went home. Of course, it's not like it hurt him any, but still...

I agree! I knew they weren't gonna use that vote last night.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
it is funny..They use the Daughtry example as why, but under the new rules the ability STOPS when it gets to top 5 and he was voted out at the 4th spot, so he would not even be eligible for the rule

44INAROW
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Jimmy Kimmel has now "nicknamed" the 11 remaining contestants.

Kris - That White Guy
Adam - Joan Jett
Anoop - Anoop
Lil Rounds - Lil Rounds
Scott - The Blind Guy
Megan - Tatoo-wee
Alexis - Parakeet
Danny - OK Dokey
Mike - Pork Chop
Allsion - Kool Aid Head
Matt - Justin Timberfake

BreckTxLonghorn
03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Jimmy Kimmel has now "nicknamed" the 11 remaining contestants.

Kris - That White Guy
Adam - Joan Jett
Anoop - Anoop
Lil Rounds - Lil Rounds
Scott - The Blind Guy
Megan - Tatoo-wee
Alexis - Parakeet
Danny - OK Dokey
Mike - Pork Chop
Allsion - Kool Aid Head
Matt - Justin Timberfake

Those are great.....Okey Dokey Gokey and Joan Jett...awesome

GreenGobbla
03-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I hope Adam or megan wins

44INAROW
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
I hope Adam or megan wins

one night last week, new judge Kara was on one of the late night talk shows and she said she liked Danny and Megan as well..

BullsFan
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
it is funny..They use the Daughtry example as why, but under the new rules the ability STOPS when it gets to top 5 and he was voted out at the 4th spot, so he would not even be eligible for the rule

I think they use Daughtry because he's probably the most egregious example of more talented contestant going home, but there are certainly others. Latoya London, Elliott Yamin, Jennifer Hudson, Melinda Doolittle--I thought all of them were far more talented than the people who ended up winning their seasons.

And I guess I am the only person on the planet who does NOT get Megan's appeal. I don't think she sings all that well, and her quirkiness is offputting IMO. Her "dancing" is actively embarrassing for me to watch. And every time the judges rave about her, I just can't figure out what they're seeing/hearing that I'm not.

Ranger Mom
03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I think they use Daughtry because he's probably the most egregious example of more talented contestant going home, but there are certainly others. Latoya London, Elliott Yamin, Jennifer Hudson, Melinda Doolittle--I thought all of them were far more talented than the people who ended up winning their seasons.

And I guess I am the only person on the planet who does NOT get Megan's appeal. I don't think she sings all that well, and her quirkiness is offputting IMO. Her "dancing" is actively embarrassing for me to watch. And every time the judges rave about her, I just can't figure out what they're seeing/hearing that I'm not.

Call me shallow, but I am put off by that ugly "sleeve" on her arm, just like I was with Carly last season!!

BullsFan
03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Call me shallow, but I am put off by that ugly "sleeve" on her arm, just like I was with Carly last season!!

I wasn't going to admit it, but I don't like it either. I didn't like Carly's either, but at least Carly could sing. And Carly didn't do that weird dancing stuff.